OK DISers. Do you know someone personally that has the Virus?

Do You know someone personally with the Virus?

• yes

Votes: 273 55.3%
  • no

Votes: 203 41.1%
  • other

Votes: 18 3.6%

• Total voters
My SIL's mother who is in her 90s has the virus. She was in a rehabilitation facility when she contracted the virus. I haven't heard the status of her illness, but based on her age, I'm thinking this is not good. My DH's second cousin has a teenage daughter who tested positive.
Update on my SIL Mother. Unfortunately, she did not survive the virus. My DH's second cousin's daughter is recovering. Lost two additional friends to the virus. This is just so sad and stressful :(

Additionally, my BFF and her entire family was infected. She was very lucky they all seem to have a very mild strain. They think they all got it from her sister who works in a hospital. The hospital tests the various departments at the hospital on a rotating basis and she tested positive, but no symptoms.

Last edited:
Update on my SIL Mother. Unfortunately, she did not survive the virus. My DH's second cousin's daughter is recovering. Lost two additional friends to the virus. This is just so sad and stressful :(

Additionally, my BFF and her entire family was infected. She was very lucky they all seem to have a very mild strain. They think they all got it from her sister who works in a hospital. The hospital tests the various departments at the hospital on a rotating basis and she tested positive, but no symptoms.

I'm so sorry. :hug:

I am so sorry. It is so sad and stressful. 🌈

The 82 yr old mother of a family friend tested positive. She lives with my friend’s sister and has not been going out during quarantine. No respiratory issues yet. She was just extremely lethargic and was told to get tested by her doctor. What’s frustrating though, is my friend’s sister works with the elderly. She called work to tell them her mother has it and was told until she starts showing symptoms, she has to come in to work. She tried to get tested but was told she didn’t qualify for a test even after coming into contact with (literally living with) someone who has it. The 80+ year old grandfather was also told he doesn’t qualify for a test. The teenage granddaughter who works at Walmart-same thing. No test. So I guess we just wait to see if they themselves get sick or people they have come into contact with start to get sick. >:( And here I thought I heard anyone who wanted a test could have one.

The 82 yr old mother of a family friend tested positive. She lives with my friend’s sister and has not been going out during quarantine. No respiratory issues yet. She was just extremely lethargic and was told to get tested by her doctor. What’s frustrating though, is my friend’s sister works with the elderly. She called work to tell them her mother has it and was told until she starts showing symptoms, she has to come in to work. She tried to get tested but was told she didn’t qualify for a test even after coming into contact with (literally living with) someone who has it. The 80+ year old grandfather was also told he doesn’t qualify for a test. The teenage granddaughter who works at Walmart-same thing. No test. So I guess we just wait to see if they themselves get sick or people they have come into contact with start to get sick. >:( And here I thought I heard anyone who wanted a test could have one.

yes, this makes no sense. It took a while, but we are now able to get tested, symptoms or not. In the beginning it was all over the place, basically only the sickest of the sick, then the front line workers only, then it was the basic bubble you mentioned here. This makes no sense, come to work with it, possibly without knowing, in the public even. 🥴 spread it possibly

Sorry to bump this back up. I received my test results today and they were negative. It may have been too early to detect, but I'm not having any symptoms a week later. DH is still waiting for a call and has been symptom-free for a few days. We both had something that mirrored COVID, if his results are negative, too.

Why Apologize to us Searc? Glad you are feeling better and your DH too. It is interesting to hear what others are experiencing and how testing is done and results received. It is so inconsistent through-out our country. There has been recent information from the FDA about companies reporting false negatives. If your symptoms were similar, perhaps you really did have it. Have your blood tested for antibodies and you will know for sure.

Sorry to bump this back up. I received my test results today and they were negative. It may have been too early to detect, but I'm not having any symptoms a week later. DH is still waiting for a call and has been symptom-free for a few days. We both had something that mirrored COVID, if his results are negative, too.
Good to hear this news! 😊
Also glad to hear you both are feeling better.

Why Apologize to us Searc? Glad you are feeling better and your DH too. It is interesting to hear what others are experiencing and how testing is done and results received. It is so inconsistent through-out our country. There has been recent information from the FDA about companies reporting false negatives. If your symptoms were similar, perhaps you really did have it. Have your blood tested for antibodies and you will know for sure.

I also am very glad to hear this news, I’m also very confused about the antibody test, I just don’t trust it. Do you, or anyone else?
Thankfully I didn’t get sick when my husband dId, more than I think was allergies, but in February, after coming back from 6 weeks in Florida i was really sick, on my couch for 2 weeks. I would be curious to know, but i Read very conflicting info on the credibility right now,

Just wanted to pop back in here. I said earlier on the thread I suspected I had it in January.

I was just tested for the antibodies, and tested positive.

While that does not confirm when I had it, it is most likely that is when it was, as that is the only time I have been ill this year.

I did find out this week that my cousin who lives near Jacksonville had the virus. It was a mild case and he is fully recovered. His wife did not catch it, or any other family members. That is the only person I know personally who has had it.

I did find out this week that my cousin who lives near Jacksonville had the virus. It was a mild case and he is fully recovered. His wife did not catch it, or any other family members. That is the only person I know personally who has had it.
Similar story but a few weeks ago. BIL, late 50s, mild case, fully recovered, and wife, family members, coworkers had no symptoms (but were not tested).

Were they all tested? If they all live together, it's likely they all had it but were not symptomatic.

Were they all tested? If they all live together, it's likely they all had it but were not symptomatic.
I know his wife was tested, as she is the only one who lives with him. I do not know if any of their children and their families were in physical contact with him during this time, only that none of them are ill. Our extended family has been good about adhering to the lockdowns and shelter in place orders in their respective areas. I have a cousin (brother of the formerly ill one) who lives with his wife and two young children in northern Italy. I was very concerned for their safety, but they didn’t catch the virus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter