OK, has anyone received email or postcard today?

mickeyholic

DIS Veteran
OK, I was curious, has anyone received an email or postcard today? I have been registered with disney to receive special promotions by email and have yet to receive anything. I have even called to check and make sure they have my email address correct. What is the problem? I want a code!!!!

Me too! I have registered with Disney serveral times and have never received an email - for anything. I don't know what it takes.

It is just the luck of the draw I guess, I have never been very lucky and it holds true for disney also unfortunately. I have never received any kind of pin code but I think it could be because I keep going back and they know it. Who knows!!!!! :confused3

What I don't understand is that any other email thing that you sign up for you are bombarded with "special" offers. I never get anything from Disney - I guess I can't expect to win the "code lottery".

No postcard/email today.

I did however call to see if I had a pin attached to my name and I wasn't even in the system!!! How am I suppose to get a code when I'm not even in their system? :confused3 I don't understand. I'm booked with a travel agent but shouldn't I still be in their system? I dunno. It's crazy! :crazy:

My family and I have been going to Disney World every June for I can't remember how many years. I have never received any post card or e-mail ever! :sad2: I also think that because we go every year they would never send us one. I did get something in the mail last month and I got all excited :banana: but it just said "xxxx family it's time to book for your June vacation!" So, they know we are coming, why would they bother with us? :confused3

I'm booked with a travel agent but shouldn't I still be in their system?

If you book with a travel agent, just ask them to make sure your email is up to date in your profile...or call and do it yourself. When you book with an agent, you are sort of (in a way) booked with the agency profile under your name. Your reservation is associated with the agency's phone # etc. If you are concerned that once they know you are coming, you won't get a code...this is one way to avoid it! ;) when I first make a reservation for a client, while I am on the phone I usually just ask the CM to check their profile both for a code (if they ressie is during a time PIN codes are out) and to verify that they have the correct email. I have had one or two CMs tell me that the email address they have is not current but that I can't change it since it's not my name. at least then I know to call the client and tell them to call CRO and have it updated.

I have been registered for all updates for over 2 years now and the only E-mails I have received are for DVC and last month I got 24hr advance notice of a room only code since I am an AP holder.

I received an email the other day, but no code. I get these emails from time to time but there is never a code with them. :sad2:

I received a postcard for the Disney Cruise Line a few months ago. And since my return from WDW on the 16th of March, I've received another card for DCL with a receipe from Palo attached. There are numbers on the card but I'm not sure what a PIN number would look like. :rotfl:

I called WDW before my most recent trip and was told that the codes attached to our household address had expired. Just my luck. :confused3

I'll still go again and will pay what I must but I'd sure love a PIN!!! :flower:

Every time I call CRO, they verify my e-mail address and sometimes even ask if I would like mailings. I always verify and say yes. This has been for about two years now. Yet, even though we have an AP, we have NEVER received an e-mail about anything, not even the one day advance notice of AP codes.
:crazy:

Lollipop Mom said:
If you book with a travel agent, just ask them to make sure your email is up to date in your profile...or call and do it yourself. When you book with an agent, you are sort of (in a way) booked with the agency profile under your name. Your reservation is associated with the agency's phone # etc. If you are concerned that once they know you are coming, you won't get a code...this is one way to avoid it! ;) when I first make a reservation for a client, while I am on the phone I usually just ask the CM to check their profile both for a code (if they ressie is during a time PIN codes are out) and to verify that they have the correct email. I have had one or two CMs tell me that the email address they have is not current but that I can't change it since it's not my name. at least then I know to call the client and tell them to call CRO and have it updated.

Thanks for the info Lollipop Mom! :sunny:

cthetulips - That's my story too! I don't know what else to do about it. You'd think they would at least be sending marketing stuff all the time like everyone else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter