OK here I go....My first ever TR! DAY 5 ON PAGE 21

Glad you had fun with your fancy dinner! The hot chocolate looked really good.

I also enjoyed the pics of the flag ceremony. I'm looking forward to checking that out the next time we go.

I just wanted to say thank you for everyone who has been keeping up with my trip report, im having a great time writing it and remembering my trip. I will try and work on days 5 & 6 today if not tomorrow. Thank you all for being patient with me, sometimes life gets in the way! :grouphug:

I just wanted to say thank you for everyone who has been keeping up with my trip report, im having a great time writing it and remembering my trip. I will try and work on days 5 & 6 today if not tomorrow. Thank you all for being patient with me, sometimes life gets in the way! :grouphug:

Yippee!!! So excited for days 5 & 6 :cool1:

After our FANTASTIC dinner we got up the next morning (friday) and got to the park right around opening, 8a.m. We had scheduled a Studio 365 appointment for DD this day at 10:20. We figured we would do a few rides, then have some breakfast and then DD, BFF and I would head to Downtown Disney for the appointment while the boys would head to Calif Adventures and see how many times they could ride California Screaming, LOL

Storybook Canals was first, not my favorite ride, but still one that DD loves so on-board we climbed...
disneyland2010033-1.jpg

disneyland2010054.jpg

disneyland2010060.jpg

We were so suprised at how quiet it was for a friday morning, little did we know it was a set up for how busy it would be that night, wow. Lets just say Disneyland on a friday night was B-U-S-Y! I guess I had never been when it was so busy, is this a result of too many Annual Passes like everyone talks about? Dont know but wow!

See how quiet it is??
disneyland2010063-2.jpg

Anyway, we stopped by the River Belle Terrace for breakfast, not as good as Carnation Cafe by any means but we were all satisfied when we were done, so I cant knock it that much!
DS12 had the cinnamon roll
disneyland2010064-1.jpg

DS15 had the fruit plate
disneyland2010065-2.jpg

DH had the eggs, potato and biscuit....and im sure I gave him whatever meat was on my plate, I cant stand sausage or bacon in the morning, too salty for me.

I didnt get pics of what BFF or I had but I know DD8 had the mickey pancake. Didnt get a pic of that either I guess?!?!

After we ate we all headed our seperate ways with cell phones in hand to find each other after we were done with DD's appt. We check in around 10:15 and the CM took all of DD's information and then led her to her seat. The goal here is to make them into rock stars. I guess DD feels like she is too old because she seemed really embarrased the whole time :-( poor girl! But when they were done she really liked her hair! and I have to admit, it was sooo cool! I wished I had it done as well! they really know what they are doing, it stayed in all day long and she didnt want to wash it the next day at all. I had to force her to finally take a shower the next day! lol
The picute of her actually getting her hair done are on BFF's camera since the boys wanted to take my camera with them to Calif Adventures and she hasnt emailed them to me yet, but I will post them when I get them!
After the appt we headed back to meet the boys at Soarin over California and DH was impressed with DD's hair, he took a few pics.
disneyland2010080-1.jpg

disneyland2010081.jpg

After we all went on Soarin together DS12 and DS15 wanted to head off and do their own thing. The rest of us needed some sugar and caffeine so we headed to Brrrbank something-or-other. Im so bad with names! it was in Calif Adventure, thats all I can remember, we got frozen coffee drinks and cookies and brownies, DD8 picked out a mickey cookie, I got a picture of her taking a bite, but im pretty sure it was the only bite she took. I ended up eating it, not that I was mad about that, lol it was yummy.
disneyland2010087-2.jpg

disneyland2010084-1.jpg

disneyland2010085-1.jpg

disneyland2010086-1.jpg

disneyland2010083-1.jpg

disneyland2010088-1.jpg

We hung around California Adventure for awile waiting for Aladdin to start, none of us had seen it before so we were excited! We did Turtle Talk with Crush. I was really suprised at how into it DH got, lol so cute!
We got in line pretty early so we were some of the first seated, but from what I could tell, there were no bad seats in that auditorium. The show was great, we all loved it. I THOUGHT DH took pics, but apparently he had the camera on record the whole time and recorded the whole thing....thanks for using all the memory honey! lol
Im pretty sure we headed back to the hotel around 5. We had PS at Goofys Kitchen for 7:45 so we wanted to get our second wind. DH took the kids (boys) to the pool while BFF and I freshened up. We got back on the tram and headed to the Disneyland Hotel. We were seated pretty fast. I was really looking forward to another go-round with the PB&J pizza. When I had been there 6 months ago I ate this and loved it. This time it didnt taste the same, the crust seemed to thick and the peanut butter wasnt really melted like it was last time. Im not sure what was normal, if it was supposed to be warm and yummy but thats how I remembered it :-(
We had a good dinner, the characters were great, the boys waited all night for their turn with Jasmine and were more than excited when they finally got a picture with her. I even snuck into one of the pictures ;-)
disneyland2010092.jpg

disneyland2010094.jpg

disneyland2010099.jpg

disneyland2010104.jpg

disneyland2010116-2.jpg

After dinner we headed back to DL with the hopes of seeing the fireworks, but of course we had spent too much time shmoozing with the characters over dinner that by the time we got to DL the cast members were at the end of their ropes (literally, lol) and wouldnt let us stop ANYWHERE to see the fireworks, we were just sent-a-moving and didnt really get to see much, we were able to listen and catch occasional glances so DH grabbed these pics as we walked by...
disneyland2010144-1.jpg

disneyland2010145.jpg

The show seemed amazing and next time we will get there early and get good seats! I swear!

After this we headed out with the crowds to get to the hotel.....tomorrow, day 6, the last day :-(

I love your DD's hair. I asked the girls if they want to do it and the 17 year old is too sophisticated.:rolleyes: And my 15 year old thinks that maybe it is for younger girls and I told her I would do it too.:rolleyes1

I have to laugh, Jasmine is so pale.

Once again, totally impressed with your details :cool1:

Can I ask why you went with Studio 365? We're debating between that and BBB for my daughters 7th.

I love your DD's hair. I asked the girls if they want to do it and the 17 year old is too sophisticated.:rolleyes: And my 15 year old thinks that maybe it is for younger girls and I told her I would do it too.:rolleyes1

:rotfl: I thought the same thing! Jasmine is PALE!

Studio 365 sounds so neat! And the results really looked great!

Ok, I'm a bit behind, but wow, what a special day: "free" money, a day to yourselves and Napa Rose? Everything there looked sooooo delicious!! Is your son blushing with Jasmine or is he naturally rosy cheeked? Heehee, cute.

I just caught up on your fabulous TR, and I have to say I am quite jealous. The Billys AND Andrew Sutton in the same day!?!? Awesome!

LOL your right! I didnt even notice that, I like the other jasmine a little more anyway!

I want that giant mickey cookie! Great pics, thanks for sharing!
She didnt finish it, but I did :thumbsup2

Once again, totally impressed with your details :cool1:

Can I ask why you went with Studio 365? We're debating between that and BBB for my daughters 7th.
Aww thanks! I always worry that I dont use enough detail!
My DD just isnt into the princess thing, and at 365 they gave her a "rockstar" makeover, she totally dug that! Its got more of a Hannah Montana feel to it, and shes 8, so she is way into that, and im glad we did, I couldnt see her doing the princess thing, but at 7, she probably would have!

:rotfl: I thought the same thing! Jasmine is PALE!

Studio 365 sounds so neat! And the results really looked great!
Thank you so much!

Ok, I'm a bit behind, but wow, what a special day: "free" money, a day to yourselves and Napa Rose? Everything there looked sooooo delicious!! Is your son blushing with Jasmine or is he naturally rosy cheeked? Heehee, cute.
He naturally cute (oh that wasnt the question? LOL) he doesnt usually have red cheeks, so he must have been blushing, didnt even notice that until you pointed it out, too cute! :)
Thanks for the trip report-- am enjoying. :happytv:
Yay! I was so worried no one would want to read it!

Will try and work on the last day, although we must have been either really tired or justplain bummed out that it was the last day because, sadly, I dont have many pics :mad:

talk to you later!!!

I just caught up on your fabulous TR, and I have to say I am quite jealous. The Billys AND Andrew Sutton in the same day!?!? Awesome!

I felt like I was in HEAVEN! Next time I wont let myself go to Napa Rose and NOT sit at the chefs table, I cant pass up the opportunity to meet him personally!
<3

Oh my gosh, your food at Napa Rose looks so amazing, I had never considered going there but have put it on my list for my trip in December. :thumbsup2

I felt like I was in HEAVEN! Next time I wont let myself go to Napa Rose and NOT sit at the chefs table, I cant pass up the opportunity to meet him personally!
<3

He's a total rock star! But I'm nerdy like that.:rotfl:

Wow my TR was so far at the bottom! Guess I should get my behind in gear and do something about it, hopefully I can work on our last day sometime today...my brain has been acting funny lately, I dont even think about our trip anymore :-( My photopass pics are about to expire (on the 14th) and I havent even purchased the disc....I HAVE GOT TO GET GOING ON THIS!

wish me luck in getting this done soon!

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter