OK, here's a trip planning challenge for ya ...

bajanswife

DIS Veteran
You have only 5 hours at the Magic Kingdom because the rest of your party wants to concentrate on the other parks (really short trip). Not including watching parades and Wishes, what do you do? What is the grown-up plan of action for MK? We are all gals in our mid-30s on a girls trip!

I'd hit all of the mountains, and some of the classic rides (Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Small World, etc.). I'd skip most of Fantasyland--lines are just too long. But make Mickey's Philharmagic a priority. It's awesome!

Karen

My family love Buzz Lightyear. It never fails to send everyone into a fit of giggles.

Enjoy!
penny

If you plan to arrive when the park opens, get there before the line drops. Walk straight back to Fantasyland - moving faster than families with kids (shorter legs). Ride the dark rides (Pooh, Peter Pan, Snow White, etc) before the lines get long.

Then use FPs for major attractions in each land and fill out the time with less popular rides. We go to FW after Fantasyland, get a FP for SM, ride Buzz (usually a quick moving line), ride the people mover, then SM.

If you plan your strategy for each land, you could probably hit most everything in 5 well-planned hours. Especially if you don't eat until after.

Definitely get there before opening! Make a plan of action & methodically work your way around the park. If you think you would like to spend more time in MK you may need to split from you group for a bit & then meet up later.

Definitely Fastpass. I went solo once & FPed Peter Pan, I went to HM 3 times & the Jungle Cruise & arrived at PP about 10 minutes after my FP, but I was still allowed to use it. I don't do the mountains by myself & I don't enjoy the parades. But I hit my favorites (some more than once) & finished by noon (this was in May 2 years ago).

Have a wonderful time.

Geri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter