OK, I'm about to open myself up to public criticism

chirurgeon

I am a delicate flower and need my sleep.
I have joined an online photo site and have started uploading my photos. This is an invitation to my friends on the Dis and especially my friends going on the cruise with me to see my photos. I have only uploaded my trips from 2002 and 2006 and my cruise in 2004 so far. And I'm starting to upload my recent trip to our botanical conservatory with the Chiully glass exhibit. I uploaded EVERYTHING, good, bad and out of focus :laughing: .

It is taking a long time to get these uploaded, so the 2007 trip will take a bit longer.

The site to go to is chirurgeon.smugmug.com.

Let me know what you think. You can be honest, just not too honest:rolleyes1

Kim

No criticism from me -- you have some absolutely wonderful photos! I especially like the ones from the Conservatory and Animal Kingdom. Great job. :thumbsup2

Some of those shots were absolutely stunning! Hope you don't mind if I borrow some for my desktop...esp. the beasties and birdies.

Nice pics! I love the expression on the rinosaurous looking right at you. Thanks for sharing:)

Kim,

From one Pittsburgher to another...Great photos! I haven't been to Phipp's in a long time, I need to get there.

Since you're going on the podcast cruise, can I stow away in your luggage?;)

Lisa

Your Phipps photos are stunning. I love Dale Chiully's work.

Great pics of his exhibition! :thumbsup2

When our trip to NYC fell thru a couple of years ago, I was mostly disappointed because I'd miss his exhibit at the Botanical Gardens. I managed to see the one at the Fairchild Tropical Gardens in Miami a couple of Christmas's ago. :cool1:

He has truly stunning work. I noticed he used more blues and greens at your exhibit and more reds and oranges in Miami. Of course I've seen his work in Bellagio, but am looking forward to seeing his atrium piece aboard the Wonder! :woohoo:

Thx for sharing your pics :goodvibes

cheers,
:flower3:

Thank you everyone. Feel free to use my photos. The Chiully ones just can't be sold, so, since I'm not selling, it's ok.

BCVdreamer, the Chiully exhibit is ending next weekend. If you can get there before it leaves, it is really worth the trip. I was lucky to get there on a sunny fall day. It really helped with the pictures. The glass is completely through the entire building and outside as well.

To everyone else. If the same exhibit shows up near you, GO. It is magnificent. I love the way he works glass.

Kim

DebºoºS;23094854 said:
Nice pics! I love the expression on the rinosaurous looking right at you. Thanks for sharing:)

The rhinoceros is the one I want to use for my desktop! Thanks, Kim, for sharing!

I love Chihuly glass - you have some great shots. I especially like the starburst over the cactus - I have not seen one like it. There have been a number of incredible exhibitions at botanical gardens. I've seen the ones in Columbus, Ohio, St. Louis, Mo and NYC. The purple spikes change color with the amount of light. His work fits so beautifully in botanical gardens. I've also seen Chihuly glass in museums and other places like the ceiling at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. They are incredible. These are some of my shots from Columbus and St Louis. Columbus also had some of his original art that he used in working through the ideas for his glass sculptures. http://homepage.mac.com/elaineanselm/Chihuly/index.html

Kim...I think your pictures are lovely. Thank you for sharing them with us :) I love looking at other people's pictures , it's like seeing the world through someone else's eyes. The pictures in your Chiully At Phipps Conservatory section are amazing! I would love to see those , they look amazing and your photo's of them are great. :)

Oh wow! Your pictures are great! Thanks for sharing. I love the ones from the Chihuly exhibit!

BCVdreamer, the Chiully exhibit is ending next weekend. If you can get there before it leaves, it is really worth the trip. I was lucky to get there on a sunny fall day. It really helped with the pictures. The glass is completely through the entire building and outside as well.

Kim

Thanks for the update Kim!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter