Ok no review... but Pete the Grand Californian?

Jillian

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I can't wait to hear about your trip to the Grand Californian. Will you at least "tell" us about it, or post pictures. After numerous trips to WDW we are off to CA this summer and have already booked the theme park view at the Grand Californian. Have fun!!!

We live in California and visit DisneyLand as often as possible. We absolutely LOVE the Grand Californian. It's a beautiful resort, similar in theming to Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge. The rooms are large with very comphy bedding, flat screen tv's and a nifty alarm clock/Ipod player thingy. The bath products smell so good that I always take a bunch home with me. ;)

When you are there, be sure to take the free tour of the resort. It's very interesting and gives lots of information about the design choices. It really made us appreciate the beauty even more. Also, on some mornings there is a free Behind the Scenes tour of Soaring, plus you get to ride it before DCA opens. :thumbsup2

We're two adults, but we love storytime in the evenings by the fireplace. The CM's who tell the story really get into it and there's a lot of audience participation. We grab a couple glasses of wine from the bar right by the fireplace and settle in for a fun story. Just get there early as there is often standing room only by the time the story starts.

oh..and you are going to LOVE your view! :cool1:
Have fun!!

i'm also curious if the service has improved.

We stayed there several years ago - in concierge.

The service in concierge was atrocious (in comparison to WDW, where we had just been the week before).

The CMs were rude and nasty. In the worst incident that i witnessed, I was completely shocked by their treatment of a mother and severely handicapped child who came into the lounge when there were no cookies left (at exactly 5 minutes after cookie time had begun).
Rather than apologizing that there were no cookies left, the CMs spoke to the woman in the most obnoxious and rude manner i have ever witnessed in a service establishment - and it was so much more shocking because it was disney AND it involved a severely handicapped child.

I certainly hope they've improved the concierge CMs attitude and behavior since then.

I personally LOVED the Grand Californian, even my dad (who isn't a big Disney fan) was impressed. He said it was the nicest hotel he had stayed in ever (taking note that we had stayed at the Belliagio in Vegas a week before)

I loved it, but i can't wait for Pete's opinion!

You'll love the theme park view! Our favorite times are late in the evening when Roarin' Rapids has been drained and the workmen are cleaning it. Often there's a touch of fog from all the water in California Adventure and the headlights of their trucks create an atmosphere as they drive around.

And again in the morning when the water is pumped back into the attraction from the lagoon and waterfalls, rapids, and 'geysers' start functioning again.

PP & DHL can't hold a candle to it! pixiedust:

About 4 yrs ago DS and I stayed at the GC for 4 nights. I paid for a DTD view and when we checked in and we went to our room it was overlooking the pool. :confused: They tried to tell me it was a more $ room. It was bigger but my ressie stated DTD view and on my ressie paper work that I brought with me stated DTD view which I was indeed told cost more and I was willing to pay for it, which I did. However, the cm was not very helpful and said they had no DTD rooms available that night but would move me the next night. I was parked in the self parking across the street for 5 days so they comped my parking for my entire stay.

But, I have to tell you something not so great but I can now laugh at about that so called free parking. I did not move my car for 5 days. Well, when we went to go home it was late in the evening on our last day. At the time we only lived about an hour away. So, we put our suitcases in the back of the car and I open the fron door and I see something moving on the dashboard. I turn on the additional overhead panel light and :scared1: ANTS....everywhere!!!! Luckily they were black ants but still....EEK!!! I HATE BUGS!!!!! I opened the back doors and the hatch and they were all over the inside of the car....seats, walls, ceiling, floor, etc..... The only theing I could do was take a towel and swipe and swat as many out and squish as many as I could to where I could get in the car and drive home. :scared: I drove as fast as I could on that I-5 FWY all the while swatting and smacking my face, arms, legs.......:scared1: :rotfl: It was awful!!! DS fell asleep which is what he always does on the way home. As soon as we got home I ran into the house, got the can of RAID and sprayed the inside of my car and just let it sit the rest of the night. In the morning you should have seen all the ants I had to clean out of that car. The only thing I can think of is that when I parked, I parked right on an ant trail and they headed straight up my tires and had a party in my car.:sad2: :rotfl2:

I have to say, that was a very weird Disneyland trip. One we will never forget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter