• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OK Pete, I'm ready for the E ticket app for Android

I'm about 90 percent sure I'm getting the Incredible also. I'd love to hear all about it when you get it. Ohh....and yes....I'll need eticket also, although Verizon does have the mobile magic ;) (think that will get him fired up?)
Mobile magic doesn't support the Droids :(
Completely done? One of my colleagues was pretty sure she hadn't gotten it yet as of last week. I don't know the status of the one I'm getting yet. They kept delaying it...

While hoping/waiting for E-ticket, does anyone know if the DISboards supports mobile phones well in general? I know the software supports a MOD called "Tapatalk" that is supposed to work well with various breeds of smartphones, including Android, Blackberry and iPhone...

Using the Dolphin browser on my Eris, I can easily surf the boards (I bookmarked my user CP)

I got my HTC Incredible 2 weeks ago. I am taking advantage of Verizon's 30 day money back guarantee but I can tell you that I'm keeping the Incredible and I am dumping the iPhone.

The Incredible (as well as most Android platform phones) is just an awesome phone.

I plan on writing more about the HTC Incredible soon as soon as I can gather enough data to write about the pros and cons of the phone.

As for eTicket, while there isn't anything similar yet available on the Android platform, I've been using Ride Hopper and WDW Lines. These two apps both give you wait times for all the attractions at Disney World but they approach the task differently (WDW Lines is also available for the iPhone).

Ride Hopper relies on users reporting wait times but the times they report have the potential of being more accurate since it requires the phone's GPS to be enabled. This allows Ride Hopper to determine if you are in the park before it allows you to enter a wait time. Could someone enter a false time. Absolutely, but I suspect that rarely happens. I have compared the times that Ride Hopper reports against actual times in the parks and they are quite accurate.

Ride Hopper also has a "Check In / Check Out" feature that allows you to check in when you first get in a line at an attraction and then check out when you board the ride. The app then determines your actual wait time.

Ride Hopper is not just for Disney, either. It tracks over 2,000 attractions at 239 U.S. theme parks. Not bad for 99 cents don't you think?

Ride Hopper is not just for Disney, either. It tracks over 2,000 attractions at 239 U.S. theme parks. Not bad for 99 cents don't you think?

I would be willing to pay MUCH MORE for an eticket droid app. ;) <just sucking up to the powers that be>

I am an android developer with several (paid and free) applications in the market. I would be up for helping out in any way to bring e-ticket to the android platform.

me too!!!;)

me three...my android will be arriving shortly (ordered last week) and I would LUV to see the eticket app on there....I have an ipod touch but only being able to use the app w/ wi-fi is a bummer....w/ my data plan on the android i could use the app anytime :)

BUMP!!!! again and again and again and again and again waiting for an answer........"tumbleweed...." ......"silence...." :confused3

I'm about 90 percent sure I'm getting the Incredible also. I'd love to hear all about it when you get it. Ohh....and yes....I'll need eticket also, although Verizon does have the mobile magic ;) (think that will get him fired up?)

Sadly, Verizon does not support mobile magic for the Droid. :confused: When I visited the World in February I tried to download it, but it was "unsupported". I think this is because Droid users download things from the Android Marketplace instead of directly from Verizon, but I'm not sure. Either way, it's pretty frustrating.

Here's hoping that e-ticket comes to Android soon!

Sadly, Verizon does not support mobile magic for the Droid. :confused: When I visited the World in February I tried to download it, but it was "unsupported". I think this is because Droid users download things from the Android Marketplace instead of directly from Verizon, but I'm not sure. Either way, it's pretty frustrating.

There is the marketplace issue, but there is also the fact that the android phones are a completely different programming platform that what the programmed the official app for so far (BREW phones, which are the great majority of Verizon phones), just as different as they are from the iPhone...

Droid user as well. I was hoping that it would be out before I left for our trip but I can't see that happening!

Oh well I'll keep hoping it comes out sooooon.

Yea, I noticed that. Disneys app is pretty limited to what phones they support. But I guess its better than ONE phone! ;)

I did play with Lines though, it is pretty sweet!

Egads...just made all our ADRs for December, and I really could use a good android app with an ADR manager... :rolleyes1

And another new feature I could use would be a DDP credit manager...

Count me in for another Droid user that would be excited for a Android version!

The Android platform is just awesome!

There is the marketplace issue, but there is also the fact that the android phones are a completely different programming platform that what the programmed the official app for so far (BREW phones, which are the great majority of Verizon phones), just as different as they are from the iPhone...

They're closer than you would imagine. It's just the API's that are different so writing it cross platform isn't all that difficult it's just whether Disney sees a market in other platforms (or how long their agreement with Verizon is)

--DB

I have a new theory. Perhaps there is no Android app for e-ticket coming because of the WDW app that verizon is using. Have you seen the commercials? It almost looks identical to the eticket app. I think it may be cheaper too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter