OK, so how do you pronounce "Eze?" (Med cruise)

fredandkell

I'd rather be cruising
Booked my port excursions today and can't wrap my head around the pronunciation of this city, accessible from Cannes. Is it:

1. ETZ-uh
2. EEZ
3. EEZ-uh
4. EHZ
5. EH-zhuh
6. Or something else?

Is it a French or Italian word/pronunciation? (Although in France, that part used to belong to Italy long ago, if I remember correctly.)

Thanks!

Ease. But, of course, pronunciations transferring from one language to another (I think it's French) have subtle variations. I've also heard Ehhh-zzzzz.

Booked my port excursions today and can't wrap my head around the pronunciation of this city, accessible from Cannes. Is it:

1. ETZ-uh
2. EEZ
3. EEZ-uh
4. EHZ
5. EH-zhuh
6. Or something else?

Is it a French or Italian word/pronunciation? (Although in France, that part used to belong to Italy long ago, if I remember correctly.)

Thanks!
This was one of the most beautiful places we visited on the Med cruise, still one of my favorites in the world

Thanks y’all - so it sounds like it’s a combo of 4 and 5, leaning towards the French rather than Italian pronunciation.

I'm French so not really familiar with all the proposed transcriptions but I would say yes for the poster who mentioned the Ehz with a soft e, that's how we pronounce it.
However, if you really want to hear it, there is a tv report at this link and the name of the village is pronounced at least 5 times in the first 30 seconds :
And yes, it is indeed a wonderful place!

On the DCL Med way back when in 2011 the cruise director said "Ehz" with a soft e, so that's how we've always said it.

I'm French so not really familiar with all the proposed transcriptions but I would say yes for the poster who mentioned the Ehz with a soft e, that's how we pronounce it.
However, if you really want to hear it, there is a tv report at this link and the name of the village is pronounced at least 5 times in the first 30 seconds :
And yes, it is indeed a wonderful place!

Been there four times, Ehz with soft e is correct.

So those who have been - @bibbidibobbidibecky , @ACQUADUCK , @rav4lcrv , etc. - what are fun things to do in Eze? I think we have 90 min of free time there. Two adults, an 8-year old and an an 11-year old. We're not big shoppers.

Well I was on the "lucky" cruise that couldn't go there b/c the seas were rough that day. We did Palma de Mallorca instead. And even though Mallorca was a pleasant surprise, I was quite sad to miss Eze. BUT, we were planning to just go and walk the town, and take our time shopping and eating and finding the overlook in a church if I remember correctly. We were going to try to catch the changing of the guard at Monaco first.

what are fun things to do in Eze? I think we have 90 min of free time there.

Are you doing the official Disney Port Adventure?

I ask because we have that booked, but it mentions a 60 minute walking tour and then *some* free time.

Google has suggested that the "Le Jardin exotique d'Eze" (exotic gardens) which provides views over the town is a highlight.

Are you doing the official Disney Port Adventure?

I ask because we have that booked, but it mentions a 60 minute walking tour and then *some* free time.

Google has suggested that the "Le Jardin exotique d'Eze" (exotic gardens) which provides views over the town is a highlight.
Yes I am, and clearly I didn’t read close enough, ha!

This was one of the most beautiful places we visited on the Med cruise, still one of my favorites in the world
Agree!
Visited there 6 years ago and celebrated our anniversary there. It was just beautiful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter