Ok, so how scary is Tower of Terror?

Dobie

<font color=darkorchid>We had a fabulous time<br><
We'll be there Sunday.

Frame of reference: we find the drop at Splash to be somewhat scary, but I'll go four times in a row!

Help! Am I too chicken???????

I was a little bit nervous but now I think it's the best. I think you at least need to try it once. It drops down a few times. I think I like it because it doesn't drop down hard. I don't know how to explain it...it's like when it goes down you hit a cushion then you get pushed back up. My sister rode it for the first time on Friday and she loved it.

if you hate roller coasters should you go on it my friend hates closed things and roller coasters but he wants to go on the tower of terror

My husband is the only one that will go on this ride. I know it's a huge favorite of people though, just not something I can stomach. My DH loves it, says that sometimes you don't even know if your going up or down! I'm not a big thrill ride person myself, but if you are I'd say go for it!

I would try it at least once. It's pretty calm I think as far as dropping rides go! Towards the end of the ride it seems like most of the people go from screaming to laughing because it's really not that bad.

Last summer, my cousin and I rode on Tower of Terror in DCA. She's very tall and slender and she was so scared that she put both feet up on the seat and hugged her legs. The elevator dropped so quickly she couldn't hold on to her legs anymore and we were both frantically looking for some bar to hold on to! I found one on the side of my seat and hung on to it for dear life!

We just closed our eyes very tightly and screamed our heads off! It's really fun but I think my stomach is still somewhere in one of the elevator shafts! :rotfl:

The CM who helped us board and unboard was really funny. At the end of the ride, just as the elevator doors opened, he was standing in front of it with both arms on his hips in a Superman-type pose!

It is a fun scary not a wet your pants scary. I went on it with my ds 10 and dd 8 in 04 and I was more scared than they were. What makes it so interesting is the ride pattern changes continuosly so you never get the same experience twice...unless you ride it A LOT

Its really not that scary. I usually laugh my way thru it. You get a GREAT view of the parks from up there. I just wish you could stay up a little longer and take it all in.

Well I won't go on California Screamin' (did it once and that was enough LOL) but I LOVE the Tower of Terror. As another poster said I come off that ride laughing rather than scared stiff! Enjoy it!

we dragged my cousin on it (she hates freefall things and desparately didn't want to go on)...she hated it and hated us for making her go on it! lol

I think if you will go on Splash Mountain 4 times then you should at least try Tower...then you will know if you are done, or need 3 more rides!

I'm a somewhat wimp and this is my favorite ride. I hate the Maliboomer, which shoots you up into the air, but as someone else said, this drop is more gentle. You definately feel it, but for me it's not horribly intense like the Maliboomer is. I think it's more a thrilling, exhilerating fun. I think you should try it once.

I'm also a coaster wimp, but I rode it at WDW last year and LOOOOOVED IT! It was way freaky, but very fun in the end. The special effects are really awesome, so I think it's worth it to ride at least once to check those out. Then when it starts dropping, just grab the side handles and scream your lungs out!

Splash Mountain is cake compared to ToT. If you're scared of Splash Mountain, you may want to reconsider trying ToT. But hey, you'll never know until you try.

Personally, I did not find it to be scary at all...more fun. There are no straight up/down drops or such, just a series of little ones. You move quickly, but theres no discomfort, really.
Don't pass it up, it's super fun.

I absolutely LOVE the ToT! I first went on it in WDW and was really scared to do it! But afterwards I just wanted to get back on it again! The anticipation of the drop is crazy! But it's great!...lol...I thought that the WDW version was better the DCA but it's still a great ride that I will go on over and over again!!!!!

Thanks for so many responses!

Three more days !!!!!

My faimly loves the Tower of Terror. My husband does not like the rides with drops and Tower is the only one he will do. It is always a must when we go.

Take a look we are in the first row, left hand side, from left to right:
my son, myself and my husband.

47b5d722b3127cce93aeae91048400000016108CctGzds4cc

We come off the ride cracking up!!

I did not what to ride TOT. we went on the Halloween tour a couple of years ago and I was convinced (dang peer pressure!!) to ride it. I now LOVE TOT!!definitly one of my faves. In the past would pass up on Splash. I dont feel secure in the logs :scared1: although on our last trip I found Splash irresistible. TOT has nice belts and handles to hang onto. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter