OK...they ruined the surprise.....

Tom,
That is the most loving, caring thing you could have done for your wife. Hopefully she is basking in the knowledge that her man loves her enough to attempt this surprise.
However.....Just out of curiosity, when exactly were you going to tell her? Since you are from New York, were you going to tell her that you were taking a trip to the parks, and then throw the surprise on her?
Just yesterday, Saturday, my sweetie "surprised" me at 11am with the fact that we were going to a wedding at 2pm:eek: :eek:
Mind you, I had just walked in from the gym,hair and body dripping,etc. I had to throw all of my old modeling skills into this one. I am a pro at "throwing together" a look. Quick shower & hair wash, no blow bry because no time, had to towel dry, pulled back in bun. Make-up, dressed, and a stylish hat, and I was "good to go." Mind you, still hadn't gotten a gift:eek: Luckily I buy gift bags for all occasions for last minute gifts. We haul-tailed to the mall, I "run" into my favorite crystal store and grabbed a gift and ran out. Sweetie out front with the motor running. He had to keep the car cool, because by then I was geting warm. Guess what? We made it on time, and had a blast!

Awww! That's so nice of you!

May I suggest that if there is a next time and you do a surprise cruise, you use a travel agent instead of DCL direct? TA's seem to listen better I think because they "know" you.

Have a great time!

I would suggest you take some time and write a letter detailing your request, what happened and what you would like to see done to remedy (a surprise spa treatment, a dozen roses in the cabin, a credit) something reasonable. Make the letter professional to the point, express your displeasure without ranting and you will be amazed at the response. While I haven't had the situation with Disney I have with other large companies and they will almost always do something to remedy the situation. If an experience is going bad I always take the time to note the date, time and person I'm speaking to so if I do write a letter I have my facts to present. Most companies want to know when something is wrong so they can fix it, and I find a well written letter gets a much better response than simply asking for a supervisor in person or on the phone. You can go online and find the name of the person to send it to. Shoot high, my suggestion would be the President of DCL, the letter gets passed on to someone else but you can bet a letter being forwrded from the preseident's office gets noticed and you get a reply. And lastly it always makes me feel better to put my issues down and send them on, then you can focus on having a great time!!! Let us know if you hear anything from them!

Hi Tom -

We're practically neighbors. I live in Bethpage just past the Massapequa border. I commute on the LIRR and pass through Bellmore 5 days a week! We're going on our first cruise in October - 7 Day Western. DH and 2 DD are very excited! While on board we want to look into the DVC.

Take care!

Originally posted by carole88
Hi Tom -

We're practically neighbors. I live in Bethpage just past the Massapequa border. I commute on the LIRR and pass through Bellmore 5 days a week! We're going on our first cruise in October - 7 Day Western. DH and 2 DD are very excited! While on board we want to look into the DVC.

Take care!

I am not far from you either, I live in West Babylon! I also am on the LIRR everyday but only because that is who I work for!

Wow...what a small world this is isn't it......and I hope all the Long Islanders shop at my favorite grocery store...King Kullen.....we have stores in your neighborhoods.....favorite to me since I work for them.....33 years next month.......and the Bethpage store will be remodeled soon......take care all....looking forward to talking to you guys again soon....going to write my letter to DCL and see what happens....
Tom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter