Ok WDW experts ...

Leanne, I'm excited thinking hopefully that will be the same for us!!! And thinking I need to start my signature that being the case ;)

I've been looking into renting the DVC points and I'm starting to think that's the way we'll go.

I don't think we'll do the Christmas Party. I just can't see how that could possibly top Halloween at DL so don't want to be disappointed by the extra spend when we'll be getting plenty of Christmassy vibes just being in the park. Would love to someone to convince me otherwise though...hehe!

How have you found Riverside and coronado springs

I've stayed at Riverside for 5 nights and then Coronado Springs for 3 nights. DH had a work conference to attend at CS. It is a resort that is definitely geared at conference attendance. Our stay was comfortable; we were there in a newly refurbed room and it was great. But it missed 'something' for me. There was no real towel animals there and it just lacked that Disney service. I will add that this is my personal viewpoint. Others have stayed at CS and thought it was great.
We stayed at the Mansions section of Riverside. The resort oozed Disney charm.

Feel free to check out the WDW TRs in my signature below. I have quick links in the second post; so you can just jump to the resort pictures.

FWIW - I've also stayed at the Beach Club Villas a couple of times. Renting points of a member made it comparable and value for money.

I just can't see how that could possibly top Halloween at DL so don't want to be disappointed by the extra spend when we'll be getting plenty of Christmassy vibes just being in the park. Would love to someone to convince me otherwise though...hehe!

In my opinion, WDW does the seasonal Halloween ticketed event much better than DL.
I've been to DL during Christmas but not had the pleasure of seeing WDW at Christmas time. On the strength of the Halloween comparisons, I would bet that the Christmas event at WDW will be better than DL...providing you're not there with the crowds.

In my opinion, WDW does the seasonal Halloween ticketed event much better than DL.
I've been to DL during Christmas but not had the pleasure of seeing WDW at Christmas time. On the strength of the Halloween comparisons, I would bet that the Christmas event at WDW will be better than DL...providing you're not there with the crowds.

Now you're making me want to change my dates and go for Halloween pirate:

FWIW - I've also stayed at the Beach Club Villas a couple of times. Renting points of a member made it comparable and value for money.

The BCVs are usually more costly than the other two aren't they? Were they better or just comparable? Love to hear your thoughts again as we tag team through the threads ;) Thanks!

The BCVs are usually more costly than the other two aren't they? Were they better or just comparable? Love to hear your thoughts again as we tag team through the threads ;) Thanks!

The BCV studio room suit my family of 3. It's DH and myself and our DS15. We've stayed there when DS was 10 and when he was 13. Aside from the QB, there is a sofabed and it's pretty comfy.
The studio room has a microwave in it and basic kitchenette. For breakfast, it's easy for us to make porridge/oats.

I love the location and proximity to Epcot and DHS. Both times we stayed, it was in that Sep/Oct period and I chose it for easy access to Food and Wine. Plus Stormalong Bay is the best pool at WDW. We would come back to the resort and enjoy the pool most afternoons, before heading back out again.

If you're going to be doing the parks commando style and only using the room to sleep, then it will come down to cost. We tend to commando morning and evening....and enjoy a lazy afternoon at the resort. The Epcot resorts works for me in Sep/Oct.

I've stayed at Riverside in May. It was great; but again....with Flower and Garden on that time...and the food booths....I may now prefer to choose an Epcot resort.

YMMV.

Thanks Princessinoz I'm about to check out your trip reports .
There is no way we will be spending time at WDW over the Christmas period and NOT go to a Christmas party.
So many choices and decisions to make so glad I have dived into it now!!

The BCV studio room suit my family of 3. It's DH and myself and our DS15. We've stayed there when DS was 10 and when he was 13. Aside from the QB, there is a sofabed and it's pretty comfy.
The studio room has a microwave in it and basic kitchenette. For breakfast, it's easy for us to make porridge/oats.

I love the location and proximity to Epcot and DHS. Both times we stayed, it was in that Sep/Oct period and I chose it for easy access to Food and Wine. Plus Stormalong Bay is the best pool at WDW. We would come back to the resort and enjoy the pool most afternoons, before heading back out again.

If you're going to be doing the parks commando style and only using the room to sleep, then it will come down to cost. We tend to commando morning and evening....and enjoy a lazy afternoon at the resort. The Epcot resorts works for me in Sep/Oct.

I've stayed at Riverside in May. It was great; but again....with Flower and Garden on that time...and the food booths....I may now prefer to choose an Epcot resort.

YMMV.

Great info thank you ever so much :)

Some great helpful information. Thanks everyone!

Montanabel great info on the value resorts, sounds like you were happy with Art of animation, the little mermaid sounds great! How was the transport from there? And yes, I have a huge Harry Potter fan so we will head over to universal but that is extra on top of our Disney days. QUOTE]

The Art of Animation resort has its own buses so like Pop Century, you never have to wait too long for transport. I guess the downside is you don't have the monorail like some of the deluxe resorts, but I enjoyed the buses. They play music themed to your resort (eg at the Art of Animation they pay music from Little Mermaid, Cars and the Lion King).

Whoops!

The Art of Animation resort has its own buses so like Pop Century, you never have to wait too long for transport. I guess the downside is you don't have the monorail like some of the deluxe resorts, but I enjoyed the buses. They play music themed to your resort (eg at the Art of Animation they pay music from Little Mermaid, Cars and the Lion King).

Thanks Princessinoz I'm about to check out your trip reports .
There is no way we will be spending time at WDW over the Christmas period and NOT go to a Christmas party.
So many choices and decisions to make so glad I have dived into it now!!

One major difference between Disneyland and Disney World is the amount of pre-planning you need to do for Disney World, like planning your dining reservations 6 months of from your trip!

This post is a great start to know the major decision points and things to consider when planning for your trip.

http://www.disneytouristblog.com/disney-world-trip-planning-guide/

Have fun.

One major difference between Disneyland and Disney World is the amount of pre-planning you need to do for Disney World, like planning your dining reservations 6 months of from your trip!

This post is a great start to know the major decision points and things to consider when planning for your trip.

http://www.disneytouristblog.com/disney-world-trip-planning-guide/

Thanks for the great link!
Your so right, there is just so much more planning to do ... accomodation, food .... right down to how the fast passes work! it's doing my head in :crazy:! LOL

Thanks for the great link!
Your so right, there is just so much more planning to do ... accomodation, food .... right down to how the fast passes work! it's doing my head in :crazy:! LOL

That was a really useful read - thank you Merx :)

No problems. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Just a disclaimer though, I'm also a first time visitor going on my first trip in October, so a lot of stuff I don't know myself, but I've been researching like crazy these 4 months, reading guide books, listening to podcast, reading blogs etc., so I know a lot of stuff "in theory" only, but I'm sure a lot of more experience people in these forums will help you out with any questions.

Yeah, Disney is a game, once you understand it, you can ace it and get to do everything you want there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter