Okay, Lets hear it.....

rickybobby

Please bring back Tapestry of Nations
Who is there today, and this week? I always love to hear the horror stories about how busy it is, to make me feel better that I am in my home rather than at the Disney Parks.

I was at DHS Friday, and it was very reasonable, even Osborne Lights. I think that was because of the seasonal AP blackout kicking in.

Yesterday at MK was crazy busy. I still had fun. It was the first day of the daytime Christmas parade and Holiday Wishes. To be honest, I prefer Festival of Fantasy (Disney's best parade since Tapestry of Nations), but that's just I. Tough to walk certain places and times because of the crowds, but I tried Skipper Canteen at 11:05 and only had to wait 10 minutes. Pecos Bill's at 5 was also reasonable. One thing I noticed was that the custodial staff could not keep up with the crowd demand in the restrooms. Several were pretty bad.

Today is AK now, Epcot later. AK bag check at 8:55 was a breeze, no wait. Park is very crowded.

Not all schools are out yet. I know my daughter still has 2 more days. But some districts were done on Friday, so I would expect things to be building.

On the way to Epcot now. I know the food court at the CBR seemed to triple from yesterday to today.

At MK right now. We got here a little after 7 this morning and got a ton in. It started getting crowded about an hour ago but not unmanageable. We are waiting for the Christmas parade to start then having lunch at BOG then heading back to the room for a break. It's not nearly as bad as I anticipated. We are having a blast.

We were at Epcot yesterday and it was pretty packed in Future World but seemed to spread out once we got into World Showcase. We left around 5:30 because we were freezing and out on some warmer clothes and headed to Magic Kingdom around 7 and we walked on pretty much everything through out the night. Out last ride was 7DMT around midnight with a 30 minute wait. We were back to CBR by 12:50am. It was chilly last night so that may have kept a lot of people away.

Photopass system seems to be overwhelmed right now. New pics not showing up, linking and downloading not working, either.

We went to DHS last night and although there were hour 60+ minute waits, the lines moved so fast that we done in half the time. It didn't even seem like much of a wait. We just came back from the MK an hour ago and are about to head back in. As crowded as it is, the lines are moving rapidly. I'm still amazed at this because I've never seen anything like it this time of year. This has been one of the best Disney days ever because Splash Mountain broke down and we got 3 FP+ tickets to use for any ride. I've always wanted to be evacuated from this ride so I can see what's backstage. There are only two of us so we will be looking to give the third fastpass away.

MK is having a lot of technical difficulties. Haunted mansion was down all morning. Splash was down for a while. Last I checked 7DMT was down as well as its a small world. Definitely not helping with the wait times everywhere else.

Yes, Saturday was a suddenly busy day after relatively light crowds during the week. But we got there at 7:30 AM and got a lot done. But 4:00PM until 10 when we left was very crowded. We walked right into Skippers for an early dinner, waited in a few long lines, watched the castle lighting and show, watched the fireworks, shopped a little and called it a night.

Animal kingdom was packed yesterday. They made an announcement that the park hours were being extended.

MK is having a lot of technical difficulties. Haunted mansion was down all morning. Splash was down for a while. Last I checked 7DMT was down as well as its a small world. Definitely not helping with the wait times everywhere else.
Haunted mansion and splash mountain were down last week

Animal kingdom was packed yesterday. They made an announcement that the park hours were being extended.
We were at AK yesterday rope drop and I was surprised at how uncrowded it was! There was hardly anyone waiting at rope drop and we walked at a slow pace to EE and (after half hour of it being broke down!), were on like the third or fourth train. We did a walk up at Tusker for breakfast and got right in. the Safari was a fifteen minute wait. We left there around 11 and headed to MK where wait times were crazy then popped over to EPCOT where Soarin and TT were 70+. (BTW, the storytellers in EPCOT are so very worth visiting!)

We were at the Osborne Lights Wednesday and it was a madhouse. People moved into the middle of the area from all directions and it was gridlock. We struggled through and left more quickly than we normally would!

We also noticed that the DHS parking lot was closed each day early in the week. That didn't seem to be the case later in the week though.

We missed rope drop at animal kingdom on Saturday. By noon it was wall to wall people. I have never seen the park like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter