Okay, Lets hear it.....

I was in AK on Saturday and didnt think it was bad, though more crowded than Thursday. We had FP+ for the safari, Dino, and EE. We did take time for the trails and animals today, as we did Nemo several days ago. The bag check line was long this morning at Epcot and we chose the wrong line - the one where someone had 90 bags under a stroller, including glass cups that weren't allowed through in the park. They were not happy. After we got in, crowds seemed ok but got busier as the day went on.

I don't really post much, just lurk around, but I feel like sharing this as I'm still super impressed with what I was able to accomplish at MK on Saturday 12/19. I was there from rope drop all the way until the kiss goodnight and was able to do 36 attractions (including re-rides with 7DMT 4x and Space 5x) as well as 4 different character meets and watch the Move It Shake It Parade, Dream Along with Mickey, Christmas Parade, MSEP, Celebrate the Magic, Frozen Holiday Wish, and the fireworks all with great spots on main street/the hub. I was expecting to only be able to do about half that much due to crowds, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was also able to ride/watch just about everything at each of the other parks in the 3 days prior to that. It's probably a lot easier to get that much done when you go solo though!

I saw on the MDE app that Soarin had a 210 min wait in the PM. That is the largest waiting time I have seen for a single ride at WDW! Would anyone even wait standby for more than 3hours?

I wonder where the line started. Must have been at the restaurant seating area!

We have been here since the 12th, going home tomorrow. Last week, we'd do short days at recomended parks and never lost the magic. We have an 8,4 and 6 month old. I wasn't bothered by the crowds at all.

Then, yesterday happened. We had a few MK fast passes to hit for our last park morning. The MK bus was really late. From the time we arrived at bus stop they added 10 more minutes to Arrival time. Then the screen went black.we barely made our first fast pass... Then we were on uNder the sea and it broke. Not trying to be dramatic but it's was really horrible. We sat there for a very long time hearing "under the sea" my baby was in the next clam shell and SHRIEKED the whole time. I had the bag with any toys or biscuits or bottles to try and calm her. The lap bar made it hard to move and after a while, hearing my baby scream and feeling so restricted, I start to have claustrophobia/panicky feelings. My daughter was in tears from the stress. People were starting to yell. Someone had to come and open each she'll to get us out. I understand things break, they just left us there way too long. We walked straight out of the park, not interested in free fast passes! We didn't bother with out last fast pass as it was its a small world and baby was in a major state at that point. Lunch reservation at Kona. Monorail took a long time. They mentioned a maintenance issue when it finally came. Waited an hour for our food. No apology or acknowledgment of slow service.

We were happy to get back to our resort and away from the crowds and problems. So glad we were here last week during the manageable time when everything worked so well. Really, other than yesterday it was a fabulous time here for our family.

Last edited:
We were at HS on Sunday and it really wasn't as crowded as we expected. Still large crowds but not like what I had been hearing on the boards. Parking was easy with getting there earlier, and Osborne Lights were just moderately crowded. It overall was somewhat on the crowded side but not that bad

Test Track is down, too.
That seems to be down a lot recently, was also down early on for a long time on the 5th but we went back later on and it was up and running

We have been here since the 12th, going home tomorrow. Last week, we'd do short days at recomended parks and never lost the magic. We have an 8,4 and 6 month old. I wasn't bothered by the crowds at all.

Then, yesterday happened. We had a few MK fast passes to hit for our last park morning. The MK bus was really late. From the time we arrived at bus stop they added 10 more minutes to Arrival time. Then the screen went black.we barely made our first fast pass... Then we were on uNder the sea and it broke. Not trying to be dramatic but it's was really horrible. We sat there for a very long time hearing "under the sea" my baby was in the next clam shell and SHRIEKED the whole time. I had the bag with any toys or biscuits or bottles to try and calm her. The lap bar made it hard to move and after a while, hearing my baby scream and feeling so restricted, I start to have claustrophobia/panicky feelings. My daughter was in tears from the stress. People were starting to yell. Someone had to come and open each she'll to get us out. I understand things break, they just left us there way too long. We walked straight out of the park, not interested in free fast passes! We didn't bother with out last fast pass as it was its a small world and baby was in a major state at that point. Lunch reservation at Kona. Monorail took a long time. They mentioned a maintenance issue when it finally came. Waited an hour for our food. No apology or acknowledgment of slow service.

We were happy to get back to our resort and away from the crowds and problems. So glad we were here last week during the manageable time when everything worked so well. Really, other than yesterday it was a fabulous time here for our family.
My SiL, who is a CM / manager said that MK was bordering on closure yesterday - very crowded.

We are on day 3. Crowds do not seem bad at all. We have only been to Epcot and HS so far, but resort has been quiet, and even the HS boat situation in evening is much better than previously reported. I do use touring plans, which may have us zigging when others zag, but it has been easy touring!

I saw on the MDE app that Soarin had a 210 min wait in the PM. That is the largest waiting time I have seen for a single ride at WDW! Would anyone even wait standby for more than 3hours?

I wonder where the line started. Must have been at the restaurant seating area!

We were in MK last NYE and the line for the Mine Train was about that, if not longer. It was insanity and there were people everywhere! We were very thankful we had a FP haha

Sorry to hear about your last day, that sounds horrible. How long did they leave you in the stuck clam shell before you got out?

Tonight, we walked by 7DMT during the fireworks, and thought the line looked much shorter than the posted 80 minute wait...
We were leaving the ride exactly 30 mins after entering the standby line !

Sorry to hear about your last day, that sounds horrible. How long did they leave you in the stuck clam shell before you got out?

I'm not sure but I would guess it was 20-30 minutes before they let us out. When you can't even twist your body due to a lapbar, that can feel pretty long.

We were at AK rope drop yesterday morning and the park was pretty empty until about 10. We didn't have FPs rope drop was about 7:45 and by 8:05 we rode EE twice front row and then walked an almost empty street to safari we we walked right on. Stopped for coffee and did Dinosaur with ten minute wait. By 11 we were done with both trails and a visit to the Island plus Bugs life. We felt like salmon swimming upstream against ppl entering park as we left. Rope drop is the way to go! MK evening was crowded but not what I expected. Wait times for popular rides were in the 45-60 min range except SDMT and Space that were 80-100. Street walking was manageable. I'm sure as we were leaving there were riots as after the fireworks all three mountains were down!!!

Anyone at HS the past couple nights for OL and the galactic spectacular? I'm valet parking at Yacht Club this morning with FPs at HS, hopping to EP and debating staying there for illuminations or coming back to HS around 9:30 for galactic depending on insane crowds at HS for new fireworks.

Tonight, we walked by 7DMT during the fireworks, and thought the line looked much shorter than the posted 80 minute wait...
We were leaving the ride exactly 30 mins after entering the standby line !
It was down for awhile, and reopened about a half before the fireworks. We got there as it was reopening. They instantly posted a 105 minute wait time, when there was nobody even in the queue yet. Since that wait time scared many people from entering the queue, just a trickle of people entered and the fp line was actually a longer wait for about 10-15 minutes or so.

We are leaving this morning :sad:

Got here on the 18th and made it over to MVMCP - it was our first party and I read some reports about the crowds, but we loved it! I thought the crowds were very light around the rides.

19th was at AK and again we didn't have any problems with the crowds.

20th was EPCOT and it was busier, but not to the point where it changed any of our plans or anything.

21st was at MK - got there at rope drop and had an excellent morning. Crowds started up at around 11:00 and it was pretty packed. We ended up leaving around 2:00 and we were starting to feel it.

22nd was Hollywood and it was very tight in a lot of places. We still got everything we wanted to get done, but we really hit the wall and we were done with the crowds. We ended up hanging out at the BoardWalk instead of going back to Hollywood that night.

Hope this helps!

I hope people post pictures from inside the parks this coming week. I love looking at them and saying to myself, "are those people insane?":sad2:

I would love to see some photos of the crowds too. I expect this week is crazier than last week

I would love to see some photos of the crowds too. I expect this week is crazier than last week

I need to see pictures. Every year for the few weeks before Christmas, I read here about all the holiday things and think about how we all have off between Christmas and New Years and think, "how bad could it really be?" I'm at the point now.

Then I see the pictures and am all, "oh that's right. that bad. Nope, not next year."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter