Okay, so now that I'm a pin collector......

LOL ~ I am a PIN HEAD! I can't beleive I am planning a trip to Yorkdale just for pins. I will head to RFC too just to make the trip worthwhile. I wish you could go too Julie! It would be fun! S

I have to laugh Sandra because we are planning a trip to Yorkdale for pins as well. We hope to go tonight depending on the weather. Since the pins were on sale I seem to have become a collector as I couldn't resist. We've been mall walking at Fairview so bought a lot of pins there.

I don't know where to buy a lanyard though.

Cdnmickeylover

Where is Fairview Mall? Do they have lots of pins? I have two lanyards from Disney AMEX White Glove Treatment from April WDW trip. I have seen black lanyards with yellow happy faces in the Dollar Store. Chat soon! S

Fairview Mall is located at Highway 404 and Sheppard Avenue. They've got a good selection of pins ... they have quite a few Musical Moments and others. I was able to pick up a full set of the Santa Pooh pins there, but I think they've packed those up. I want to pick up a couple more too before the sale ends .. :p

If you park by the Canada Trust and go in through those doors the Disney Store at Fairview Mall is almost straight ahead.

We went to Scarborough Town Centre 2 Saturdays ago and they didn't have as many pins. Also they wouldn't let me use my Disney Club discount on the pins and they said that they were collector items. I don't think that I will go back to Scarborough Town Centre any time soon. Fairview Mall lets me use the Disney Club card with no problem.

Fairview seems to move the merchandise around too and keeps putting different things on the 75% off rack. I collect beanies too and got the winter pooh one for 75% off plus the 10% discount with DC.

Didn't think to look in the dollar store for a lanyard but I will -- thanks for the tip.

Cdnmickeylover

They wouldn't let you use your DC card? Wow ... what's up with that? :confused: Scarborough Town isn't close to me so if they're not letting customers use the DC discount on pins, then I don't think I'll be going there ...

It's funny 'cause she asked if any of you guys were into trading and I told her maybee you can convert them!LOL

Julie, If you wait until your March trip, they will be having a new Collector Lanyard set featuring Mickey's 75th. If I had of known, we have lots of extra lanyards. It is cheaper to buy the sets with the lanyard then individual pins for trading.

They will probably have them at the DS after the sale. Last sale Yorkdale was the only DS that had lanyards. But as Sandra says, go to the Dollar Store 'cause in Town Hall You can make a personailized Lanyard ID to attach to any Lanyard.

The best thing about trading is meeting the CM's and finding a LE pin. You are limited to 2 trades per CM per day. Always keep the rubber back and frequently check to make sure the backs are on. Tanya likes cats so most of her's are cat related. I like Tink, so she collects those for me as payment for carrying them!LOL She picks what she likes and does not worry too much about value. CM's also have pins put on backwards. These are traded without knowing what they are. Sometimes they are LE(limited editions) or Lanyard Sets (CM can only get these) or just regular ones. You must trade a pin that they do not have on their Lanyards and if they have a pin on their shirts, this is just for show. Check out pinpics.com for all the different types. And of course check out the Collectors Board.

Have fun with it. And now is the time to be buying traders!

Talk to you later
Hope this helps
Scratch
:smooth:

Sandra- What's RFC?

Julie- When I was at both stores I asked about lanyards and also pins books but there were none to be had. As Sandra said you get one with the AMEX "White Glove Treatment" and you also get an Amex pin- now I figure because the Amex discount card program is going to stop, it's probably going to be a collector one.

Scratch- When we went down, I didn't think DD was going to get into pin trading but 'cause of the white glove- & a pin a put in her surprise bag, she loved it!- It was so amazing watching her at WDW ask CM's "Want to trade"- And I told some of you the story of the CM at the Star Tours shop that stole her hat and put three pins on it. That was her WDW "magical moment" and that has definitely made her a collector.
I really like the Pin Backpack idea- did you get that here or WDW?
Those lanyard’s really get heavy and Julie take note: are a literal pain in the neck

So I guess we all gone from bobbleheads - to PIN HEADS! ,:rolleyes: will the addiction ever end...I hope not!

I'll be in T.O. again Thrusday so maybe I'll just have to go to Fairview-:Pinkbounc

Hey Wendy, RFC is Rainforest Cafe. Since I'm going to be at Yorkdale, I might as well get a little WDW fix at RFC. RFC reminds me of WDW.

Are you busy all day Thursday? I work in the morning, but have the afternoon off. Maybe we can meet for a fast coffee at Yorkdale. Chat soon! S

Actually come to think of it at Scarborough Town Centre they wouldn't let me get the 10% discount off of anything -- I bought a beanie on sale too and she didn't even take the card. Wasn't particularly nice about it either. I didn't like the atmosphere of the store which is odd because I've never had a problem at Fairview which is closest to home. We are actually there most nights because we've been mall walking there. It's getting expensive though and I'm hoping for warm weather soon -- it will be a lot cheaper to walk outside!!! I've never seen lanyards at Fairview though.

Can't believe I'm into pin trading -- I've always purchased a few pins but now I have tons to trade.

Has anyone had a problem using the DC discount at Yorkdale?

Cdnmickeylover

I am a collector too! I am loooking forward to going to TDS when I to to Toronto on my March Break....and maybe even the RFC!!!:p

cdnmickeylover I was at TDS in Yorkdale last Tuesday and bought some pins. They let me use my DC with nooo problems :) I like going to the Fairview Mall store, the staff there are really nice!

Did go to Yorkdale last night and the manager was great -- I think her name was Katie. She let us move the 2 big bins of pins onto the counter and allowed us to empty them to go through all of the pins. She told us to take what pins we wanted because they don't like to count them for inventory. We put everything back of course. Ended up buying 51 pins and there wasn't a problem using the DC card. It was a much better experience than Scarborough Town Centre that's for sure.

Love the staff at Fairview as well. They have always been really helpful as well.

Will return to the Yorkdale store because she was so great. I hadn't been to Yorkdale in years. There have been a lot of changes!!! Didn't eat at RFC though -- we had a bad experience in WDW at the RFC and Jim won't go there again so we ate at the Pickle Barrel.

Cdnmickeylover

Yikes! I was planning a Yorkdale trip today but I heard the weather is terrible in Toronto. It's gorgeous here in Mississauga, all sunny and no wind (it is freezing thou). I figured I would go to Toronto anyway, until I looked at the COMPASS Traffic Camera on the 401. YIKES! It's yucky in Toronto. The camera for the highway in Mississauga is sunny and clean roads, Toronto is snow covered, dark and miserable looking. I can't take the chance on missing dd coming home after school and not being here, so I'll post pone the trip for later in the week. Where were still lots of pins left? I really don't need my pins for another year, but I thought I would start stocking them up now. Chat soon! S

I have to be Downtown for 5:00pm, I'm trying to set up lunch with a friend in Ajax, but i could probabley met up with you around 3;00pm. I'll Pm as my plans become firmer today.
Wendy

Sorry the weather is not cooperating, Sandra. Dan came home earlier this morning and Tim just walked in the door as teachers couldn't make it in and those that made it to school were heading home. It's sunny here also but I hear the snow is really blowing in the outskirts. Buses had been cancelled. I hope it settles down by Friday as I'm supposed to meet a friend for lunch in Kitchener.

Thanks for all the lanyard info, everyone. I'll (try to) keep the weight of the pins around my neck, in mind, Wendy! ;) I guess our DISmeets should now include pin trading as well! LOL

That backpack was bought in WDW! We checked up here for something but all they had were the briefcase type with the Musical Pin Logo on it. Tanya didn't like it so we waited until our trip. I'ld wait until March 'cause I think they will be coming out with Mickey's 75th Birthday stuff soon!

Hope you guys didn't venture out! It's nasty out there. I work by the Airport and it's snowing, the wind is blowing!

Talk to you later!

PS I better get to the DS so that we'll have pins to trade next Dismeet!LOL

Scratch
:smooth:

Don't worry about the pins, there were tons left. They had two big bins full of various pins and the manager said that each bin held over 800 pins.

The weather was yucky this morning although it wasn't too bad where I live. I work in Pickering though and it was worse here. Hopefully it will get better because my DS is going to the Raptors game tonight. He'll take the subway so that won't be too bad but I'll have to drive him and his friend to the subway and then pick them up later.

I bought one of the Musical Moments (?) briefcases for the pins simply to have somewhere to put them. Certainly hadn't intended to go all out for pins but it seems I have. :p

Hoping the weather will improve soon.

Cdnmickeylover

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter