• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oklahoma DIS'ers, please stay safe

Thanks so much! We live right smack dab in the middle of tornado alley. I am so on edge right now and only came on the disboards to calm down a little [and I normally don't get all freaked out; have lived in Oklahoma all my life]. We are literally surrounded, but nothing on top of us yet. The community of Moore, about 80 miles south of us, was hit very hard, including two elementary schools with children trapped inside. I am just heartsick right now. We'll be getting the closet ready pretty soon.

It's gonna be a long night. :sad1: My prayers are with all the Oklahoma dis'ers tonight. Stay safe.

Edited to add: I know this sounds horrible, but I don't Facebook and have no close personal connections on the boards. If I don't post by tomorrow, well you know. How's that for melodrama. LOL

Stay safe. You better post every so often. We have lost others to tornados we don't want to lose you.

Kim

Stay safe. You better post every so often. We have lost others to tornados we don't want to lose you.

Kim

I'm slightly embarrassed now. See what I just posted on the community board. I guess I am a Drama Queen . . . and yes, I definitely had our sweet little Joplin dis'er on my mind.

Seriously . . . my DH just came and told me that it looks like we are out of the woods for the night - only severe thunderstorms; no biggie. WHAT!! I practically gave my goodbye to the disboards and I am no longer in danger? Now everyone thinks I'm a drama queen . . . seriously, I'm not. :goodvibes

I am still heartsick over the Moore devastation, but am no longer concerned for our safety. The only thing we can think of [cause seriously, all the forecasters said we were in danger] is that the tornado in Moore was so severe it sucked all the energy from the storm. :(

My prayers are going out to everyone involved. For some reason I can't quit boo hoo'ing for everyone that lost so much in a blink of the eye. I just can't imagine what they're going through.

Still trying to get a hold of a friend that lives there, but holding out hope as most likely the cell phone towers were knocked down.

Again our prayers are concentrated to the Oklahoma area tonight.

My daughter and son-in-law have lived in Moore for the past 6 years. They are fine. Their house is a little worse for wear. However, please pray for their friends! They have several friends and neighbors that have lost everything!
Please pray for those families......my heart is breaking!

My daughter and beautiful twin 2 year old grandsons live right next to Moore, literally a 2 minute drive. Thank the lord they are okay. I am so thankful right now for technology that allowed me to hear from my daughter within minutes to know that all was well with her and the boys.

I am so sad, and my prayers go out to all that were in the direct line of the devastation (and all their family/friends). Hugs to all dealing with this horrific event.

Our area, Tulsa, received none of the bad storms predicted. But, I am so heartsick right now for all the loss of life. Especially, the precious little children at the schools; so innocent and full of life. I cannot imagine the pain and sorrow those families are going through.

I'm slightly embarrassed now. See what I just posted on the community board. I guess I am a Drama Queen . . . and yes, I definitely had our sweet little Joplin dis'er on my mind.

Seriously . . . my DH just came and told me that it looks like we are out of the woods for the night - only severe thunderstorms; no biggie. WHAT!! I practically gave my goodbye to the disboards and I am no longer in danger? Now everyone thinks I'm a drama queen . . . seriously, I'm not. :goodvibes

I am still heartsick over the Moore devastation, but am no longer concerned for our safety. The only thing we can think of [cause seriously, all the forecasters said we were in danger] is that the tornado in Moore was so severe it sucked all the energy from the storm. :(

Our thoughts and prayers and good wishes go out to everyone affected.

Please know that you never have to apologize for fear and worry.

We all have something to fear and hopefully have someone(s) to worry about.

Kim said best..are happy to hear from you...and be here when you need someone to talk to.

Live from Moore, OK...glad to be home (which is standing) and with family (all safe).

Took mean hour to go three miles from the north part of the city to the south.
There is some major devastation through the middle of the city and the story about Plaza Towers Elementary is just heart-breaking.

I don't know very many DISers, but I love the site and the podcast and appreciate being able to share my thoughts.

- John.

Live from Moore, OK...glad to be home (which is standing) and with family (all safe).

Took mean hour to go three miles from the north part of the city to the south.
There is some major devastation through the middle of the city and the story about Plaza Towers Elementary is just heart-breaking.

I don't know very many DISers, but I love the site and the podcast and appreciate being able to share my thoughts.

- John.

Glad you are okay John.

We're happy you are here.

Thanks.

Unfortunately just found out that my brother-in-law lost a cousin due to the storm.

I am on the nw side of okc Moore is the se side. So heartbroken over the loss, I just can't imagine. I have only lived here 3 months (moved from Pittsburgh PA). Very scary introduction to hurricane season. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Hoping those affected can find some peace and comfort

I live on south side of OkC. Several of our church members have lost their homes but haven't heard of any injuries or deaths. One of our pastors Gaby left the church to rush to her kids who attend Briarwood elementary and covered them with her body. Few bumps and bruise but praise The Lord they survived.
So very sad. So much like the May3, 1999 tornado

I'm sending prayers and thoughts from over here in the UK.

It's so awful for everyone involved.

x

the tornado sunday evening went directly over our home, but wasn't low enough yet to be causing damage. a few moments later, it was on the ground. the one yesterday distroyed our cousin's house, 2 friends' homes, and killed a friend's sister at a 7-11 store where she was trying to take shelter. yesterday was one of those days... if you live in oklahoma you will understand. the air felt... heavy. charged. tornado-ish. it's not a feeling that you get much, but it's something you DEFINITELY pay attention to. i checked my daughter out of school early along with 1/2 the other parents in ok. one of my friends checked her daughter out 1 hour before the tornado completely levelled her daughter's school. today is a sad day for our state, but it also makes me proud to be an oklahoman.

donations can be made to ok red cross by texting REDCROSS to 90999 or ok salvation army by texting STORM to 80888. these are $10 donations if anyone is interested in ways they can help.

the tornado sunday evening went directly over our home, but wasn't low enough yet to be causing damage. a few moments later, it was on the ground. the one yesterday distroyed our cousin's house, 2 friends' homes, and killed a friend's sister at a 7-11 store where she was trying to take shelter. yesterday was one of those days... if you live in oklahoma you will understand. the air felt... heavy. charged. tornado-ish. it's not a feeling that you get much, but it's something you DEFINITELY pay attention to. i checked my daughter out of school early along with 1/2 the other parents in ok. one of my friends checked her daughter out 1 hour before the tornado completely levelled her daughter's school. today is a sad day for our state, but it also makes me proud to be an oklahoman.

donations can be made to ok red cross by texting REDCROSS to 90999 or ok salvation army by texting STORM to 80888. these are $10 donations if anyone is interested in ways they can help.

Melissa, my heart goes out to you and yours. What a tragic day! Thank you for posting the info for donations.
Our daughter and grandsons live next door to Moore, luckily nothing more than no water.
Hugs and prayers for all dealing with this horrific occurence.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter