• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW and VWL ADVICE REQD FOR TRANSFER

StephenKay

DVC Member VWL 2001
Hi there
We decided to add on 28 points last night at Vwl before the points deadline, So we have decided to use our added points to spent 1 week in a OKW studio and a week and a bit in a studio at the Vwl. Please can anyone give us transfer hints about bell services our doing it ourselves.

Plus can anyone gives us hints on Studio living and cooking, even room numbers requests would be welcome.

If you have your own car I'd just put everything in the trunk and check in whenever it's convenient for you. If you are relying on WDW transportation I'd use bell services (can't give advice on that since I've never done it).

I haven't transferred at a DVC property yet but I've done it many times at the regular resorts. At the other resorts you just pack your bags and call bell services. They pick up the bags in the room and bring them to your new resort. Then all you have to do is go to your next resort and check in. The bags will then be sent to your room.

If you let them know you're switching, they'll take care of it all for you. We switched resorts in January and it was seamless. Don't even think about it. Enjoy your day, check in when you want to, and your stuff will just appear.

We always drive the van and load it with all the extras we might need! I wouldn't be able to just call bell services due to "the stuff" I would have to load.

We prefer to not move. Even when we had lots of problems in our Vero room opted to stay rather than repack and move!!!!!!!

Currently gathering some of my stuff to load for next weeks OKW trip!

Linda:earsboy:

It's an easy task! Just call Bell Services and let them know your plans. The luggage will be transferred mid afternoon. You will have to claim it at your "new" resort, but they do make it simple and painless.

I would let the "new" resort know about your plans the day before and again the day of the move. I always put a BIG Disney smile on my face and let them know I'll be homeless from 11AM on and would appreciate any consideration for an early availability. Sometimes they'll have a room right away- sometimes still not until after 4. We just head off for a park and arrive back at 4 to greet our luggage and move in.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter