OKW Auto rental

MHDTS

Mouseketeer
Is there a car rental company that will deliver and pick up a car to/from OKW? We're taking ME from MCO and interested in just renting a car for a day to get groceries. Anybody done this? Thanks!

There is a National Car Rental place in WDW near the car care center. We have used this on occation. Instead of renting a car, why not just take a cab?

Got several places to go, not just the grocery. A car for a day is the simplest way. Does a bus run to the car care center? How do you get there or get the car? I know Alamo rents from there, too.

I seem to remember DH walked there from the BWV. I know when he dropped to car back off there, he met us at MK, but I guess I don't know how he got there! :teeth:

The Dolphin has a rental office for Alamo/National and is certainly conveniently accessed by Disney transportation. the Car Care Center is also an option and they have shuttle transportation to that office.

If you need a car for other reasons, this may not help, but a lot of people use wegoshop.com. I have not personally used them, but every comment I've heard about them has been a rave review.

Wegoshop will take your grocery list, shop just about anywhere you want - including Costco and other discount clubs - and bring the groceries to you for a VERY nominal fee.

Another option is Enterprise Car Rental. They will usually deliver a car anywhere you want.

You might want to go to a site like Expedia and do a search for a car there. Instead of the airport, say you want to pick it up at WDW and see what kind of results you get.

Just one hint - when you get the list, sort it by price. I did that yesterday, looking for a car in St. Thomas and found that the cheapest car was a midsized car from Thrifty...which was $1 per day CHEAPER than Thrifty's smallest car. Rental car prices make no sense, and I see strange things like that all the time.

The other thing you should do in comparing is check the model of the car. You will find that some companies consider a particular model a full-size, while another company calls exactly the same car a mid-size and rents it for less.

There is an Avis location at the Hilton on WDW property near DTD.

Thanks for the info on Avis at the Hilton. We've just had a ridiculous issue come up with National 4 months after we got back from a trip to Hawaii, so we're looking for an alternative to Alamo or National.

Stayed at OKW last week. Took the bus to DTD on the last evening, then walked up HPB to the Doubletree to pick up a Budget Rental (Budget office in lobby of Doubletree.) Warning: It's about a 1 mile walk from DTD to the Doubletree. We wanted the car to go out to lunch, then shopping, then to airport without having to adhere to ME schedule. Midsize car was 21.99 + tax for 1 day. I'd do it again. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter