OKW buildings 30-33 are occupied as of today!

Is the turtle pond pool renovation started and/ or completed yet? Thanks :) not coming until August but keeping an eye on things round there as requested it on my booking.

When we stayed at OKW the middle of May, they were working on the buildings that are on the tennis court side of the road going to the Turtle Pond Pool, and the Turtle Pond Pool was closed when we checked in May 10th.

When we stayed at OKW the middle of May, they were working on the buildings that are on the tennis court side of the road going to the Turtle Pond Pool, and the Turtle Pond Pool was closed when we checked in May 10th.
Thank you. Hopefully it will be completed by the time we go :)

Just got home yesterday. The entire Turtle Pond pool area is closed off at the traffic circle. It appears that is the only area with active work at this time.

Just got home yesterday. The entire Turtle Pond pool area is closed off at the traffic circle. It appears that is the only area with active work at this time.
Thank you. I do hope it will be finished by the time we go in August xx

But the circle is still open for buses to turn around, right?

Yes, the traffic circle is open and in use, but the road into the pool area and the pool area rooms is closed off.

Yes, the traffic circle is open and in use, but the road into the pool area and the pool area rooms is closed off.

Perspective is a funny thing - in my mind, our September trip is just eons away but if I think in terms of construction at OKW, it's too soon.

Our next OKW trip is Dec and I hope I get an non-renovated villa. One last time in Key West at OKW before it all becomes Contemporary Lite.
I was in Bldg 14, though I have come to realize 3rd floor may not be in the cards for me much longer. Aging is the pits. The room was spotless, and in good condition. The only thing it really needed was some reupholstery on the dining chairs...and some touch up on the dining room table for scratches. I really miss the lighter tables, the darker tables seem to look worn and get scratched easily.

Last edited:
I was in Bldg 14, though I have come to realize 3rd floor may not be in the cards for me much longer. Aging it the pits. The room was spotless, and in good condition. The only thing it really needed was some reupholstery on the dining chairs...and some touch up on the dining room table for scratches. I really miss the lighter tables, the darker tables seem to look worn and get scratched easily.
Oh, yeah, we hate those third floor villas, usually studios for us.

We just got back from a stay in a GV in building 25. Room was very clean, bu TV cabinet in living room and table in living room was beat up. Some of the chairs in the dining room needed to be redone. Overall great stay. I took pictures since it would be the last time I see a GV be OKW next time it will be updated. I will miss the tiles especially in the small bath downstairs. Does anyone know if they are redoing the tile on the patios or are they leaving it the same?

Our next OKW trip is Dec and I hope I get an non-renovated villa. One last time in Key West at OKW before it all becomes Contemporary Lite.
We are going 12/9 and it's our first trip to OKW and really don't care if renovated or not! I do like what I see in the pictures so location is more important because I couldnt get Ressie near HH, so I asked for bldg, 27 and keep my fingers crossed! But that could change depending on renovations!

If you booked a stuido witin the HH category and was put in a third floor room, could you ask to be placed outside of the HH category for a room on the ground floor? Or once you book that close to HH category there is no going back?

If you booked a stuido witin the HH category and was put in a third floor room, could you ask to be placed outside of the HH category for a room on the ground floor? Or once you book that close to HH category there is no going back?
Sure I can't see why, if u get the text and not happy with room go to front desk and speak to a CM and see what else is available. But I would call and change your ressie requests to a priority of ground floor then!

I am on the fence on this renovation. I like the colors of the non-refurb, but enjoy the cleaner look. The appliance upgrade is nice as is the island.

It does look like the shower is completely different.

Sure I can't see why, if u get the text and not happy with room go to front desk and speak to a CM and see what else is available. But I would call and change your ressie requests to a priority of ground floor then!
Oh I am not booked right now, just wondering about the situation in the future. When I book there I will be having a ground floor request in but I know if I am in the close to HH section, the chances are lower because the number of units are lower.

Right now, based on the limited photos that have been posted, the Vero Beach renovation has more color to it then the OKW one, which is disappointing.

Just spent almost a week at Vero and thought the refurb there was really lovely! Beautiful beachy colors and style. Stayed in both a newly refurbed Beach Cottage and Inn Room Ocean View. Both were gorgeous. With COLOR. Tasteful, but definitely COLOR.

I've owned at OKW since the beginning and loved, loved the theming and those gorgeous handmade tiles they used in the kitchens and backsplashes. Kinda sick to know they will all now be gone....... :sad:

We are close to Turtle Pond pool and are over looking building 41. It looks to have furniture in it and maybe be done. All the curtain and blinds are open .I think they are working on 44 now . I am guessing when done there they will move over to 36 to 39. I am kind of glad we got an orojorig unit this time . Wanted to see the old decor one last time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter