OKW convert!!

TammyAlphabet

DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>Life Member - "excl
I have stayed at OKW twice prior to my most recent stay and both times in studios. This time we stayed in a 1 bedroom. And I have been converted!!! I absolutely loved it this time, I don't know what was different, other than the size of the room, but I thought it was so lovely. The landscaping was beautiful and the main pool was fantastic and I went down the slide several times. I took my best friend and her son with me and my kids and I was afraid that the room would be worn down looking like the studios that I have stayed in before, but it was in pretty good shape. She loved OKW and vetoed trying another resort next year. She was so unhappy to leave!! That is what DVC does to a person. LOL.

You and me, Tammy. We'll be heading home to OKW for Thanksgiving. It's really a great place, isn't it?:thumbsup2

Oh yea, Tammy! :thumbsup2 You've just made me MORE excited for MY VERY 1st TRIP HOME to OKW!:cool1: We haven't stayed there yet and are already planning on loving it and going back to it next summer!

We just made it through ROFR yesterday for OKW and we are so excited. We cannot wait for our first trip HOME!!!!!

just be aware that when I suggested changing my name to 'SSRconvert' a certain DVCconvert advised me that copyright infringement rules may apply ;) . I suspect that the same holds true for 'OKWconvert'

Glad that you liked one of my 'homes' Tammy

Hey, I've ALWAYS known THAT secret! We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the OKW layout. It's why we never want to stay in a studio! I can't do without the master bath and the big balcony!

I know just how you feel. The first time we stayed there we fell in love with it, came home and bought a 230 point resale and are considering adding "just a few more" points. We think it's the best bargain in DVC!!

We're already thinking of trying OKW for a quick little getaway trip in Oct or Nov. (We just got back from BCV a month ago!) It looks so relaxing and away from everything.

We made our first trip home last Nov. in a studio. We loved it, but this year we are trying the 1 bedroom. We are excited!:cool1:

Once you stay in a 1 BR there is no going back... at least at OKW...
I do not understand how some people give this resort a bad rating...
but that is another topic :rolleyes1

We love OKW too! We haven't stayed there in the past couple of years, but will be there for Thanksgiving. I can't wait!!!

I'm glad to hear good things about OKW. We've booked a trip there at the end of September.

We stayed there for the first time this past April in a 1 bedroom. We were hooked! We Loved our room. :love: It just felt so "homey".

Had to book a 2-bedroom at OKW because we could not get into our home resort on such short notice. Fell in love with the place so much when we got home we added on 300 points. We now own at BWV, BCV, and OKW and will plan on staying there most of the time because we love it. :yay: :yay:

Don't worry about the bad ratings...It just leaves more available for those of us who love it!

We love OKW too! We haven't stayed there in the past couple of years, but will be there for Thanksgiving. I can't wait!!!

We'll be at OKW, too, for Thanksgiving. Hope to see you there!!

That's some of us who are trying to keep OKW a secret. ;)

It's not a very good place. Rooms are dirty, you can hear the people in the next building. A/C don't work half the time. Wake up in the morning swearing the bus is going thru the next room. Can't see the bottom of the pool. Sink holes all over the place. One family checked in on the third floor and checked out on the ground floor.

Don't allow your kids to flush while sitting on the toilet. Know three families who lost children that way, what a tragedy. Well almost, one family was smiling. Turned out he was the problem child.

Last time I was allowed to have 20 in a one bedroom. The down side...one bathroom. You'd think they would have thought ahead when building.

But they are very good at giving you a "Welcome home" at the gate....when they are there.

Now does that convince you not to stay there? I don't like crowds!!!:duck:

Got on wait list for Dec 3rd thru the 7th for any resort. Member service call and OKW was available, asked if I wanted to wait list any others I told them that OKW is what I wanted in the first place.

Glad to hear you had such a great stay in an OKW 1 bedroom. By the way, I went down the slide at VB for the first time this week too!

Bobbi:goodvibes

OKW was our first stay to WDW and then we stayed at POFQ. Other than that we bought at OKW this Jan and just love the relaxed feeling and it never seems crowded like other resorts do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter