OKW HA studio Request specific bldg???

shovan

DIS Veteran
We have just booked rooms for February '08 for 2 studios at OKWV. We need one of them to have a handicap accessible roll in shower. Should we request a specific building? Any info on views, noise level, closest to Hospitality Area would be appreciated!

HCA villas will be set up thru MS via Special Services. There are a limited number of HCA rooms and they are not available in every building, so it might be a futile expercise to request a specific building.

Just call MS and let them know you need an accessible studio and they can make the arrangements for you.

Enjoy! :)

HCA villas will be set up thru MS via Special Services. There are a limited number of HCA rooms and they are not available in every building, so it might be a futile expercise to request a specific building.

Just call MS and let them know you need an accessible studio and they can make the arrangements for you.

Enjoy! :)

We have stayed at BCV several times & know which area & rooms we like & are able to book that specific room number & have it guaranteed due to needing HA. So were wondering if one area is a much better than another, etc. ( When we have booked they never transfer us to special services just put us on hold while they call & confirm availabilty.)

I don't know exactly how many HA studios there are in OKW, but I know there are at least 6-one each in Buildings 21,23,34,42,48, and 50.

There are HCA villas in buildings 13, 20, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 34, 42, 48, 50 and 63.

Here is a map of the resort with buildings with HCA villas and GVs color coded:

OKWMap-June2007.jpg

We enjoyed building 34... very nice view

Of course, that may be nostalgia speaking, it was our first trip and our room was the same as the end of our phone number! :goodvibes

We own at BCV too and have never been told the room # although a room is blocked for us.

But BCV is so much smaller than OKW and the accessible rooms are stacked. So if we book a 2 BR accessible lockoff with rollin shower, we know we'll be in one of five rooms but never which one.:confused3

Has MS told you the room number at BCV or is it on your reservation? Ours just says accessible room guaranteed or something to that effect.

Good luck at OKW.:thumbsup2

There are HCA villas in buildings 13, 20, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 34, 42, 48, 50 and 63.

Here is a map of the resort with buildings with HCA villas and GVs color coded:

OKWMap-June2007.jpg

Thanks for posting the map!!!! :thumbsup2

We enjoyed building 34... very nice view

Of course, that may be nostalgia speaking, it was our first trip and our room was the same as the end of our phone number! :goodvibes

Thanks, that nostalgia thing is something though! We love DVC but I still have a soft spot for the Poly! ;)

We own at BCV too and have never been told the room # although a room is blocked for us.

But BCV is so much smaller than OKW and the accessible rooms are stacked. So if we book a 2 BR accessible lockoff with rollin shower, we know we'll be in one of five rooms but never which one.:confused3

Has MS told you the room number at BCV or is it on your reservation? Ours just says accessible room guaranteed or something to that effect.

Good luck at OKW.:thumbsup2

We have requested the specific room numbers that we liked. And while the room # is not on the confirmation paper, it does say " DO NOT MOVE". When calling back they verbally confirmed the room #. This has worked well for us, at least twice so far!

We have requested the specific room numbers that we liked. And while the room # is not on the confirmation paper, it does say " DO NOT MOVE". When calling back they verbally confirmed the room #. This has worked well for us, at least twice so far!

Did the CM verbally confirm that you had requested it or that you had received it? I request a certain floor which has the same effect as there is only one 2 BR rollin shower villa per floor but I've always been told it is just a request other than one time a CM told me the floor we were assigned....so I knew the room.:goodvibes Of course, it is blocked. It's just that I normally don't know if I've received the request or not.

And on our last trip, the block fell through. We were assigned a nonaccessible room at first. Luckily there was still a 2 BR accessible villa left but not what I requested.

Did the CM verbally confirm that you had requested it or that you had received it? I request a certain floor which has the same effect as there is only one 2 BR rollin shower villa per floor but I've always been told it is just a request other than one time a CM told me the floor we were assigned....so I knew the room.:goodvibes Of course, it is blocked. It's just that I normally don't know if I've received the request or not.

And on our last trip, the block fell through. We were assigned a nonaccessible room at first. Luckily there was still a 2 BR accessible villa left but not what I requested.

Their exact words were we have you assigned to room # 000. (We have our 3rd trip coming up in Oct. & they have confirmed that we have an "assigned" room for that trip also.) I hope that has not just been dumb luck!! We have been very happy since becoming BC owners, pretty much because we can count on getting a room that will work for us. Over & over at the Poly, we'd have a fight on our hands to get a room with a roll in shower! For us a HA room with a tub is as useless as a totally non HA room.

How long did you have to wait to get the accessible room you needed?

Funny how different our experiences have been. If there is availability, we've always been able to get an accessible room for our daughter at the Polynesian. When she was small, the tub rooms were best but by early grade school she wanted more privacy so the rollin shower rooms became a necessity as she can't get in a tub on her own.

We were able to get the accessible 2BR at BCV as soon as I realized the error. Long story but our DS1 and his wife checked in early in the day. They wondered about the room as it didn't seem accessible but they only had access to one portion of the lockoff originally. When they picked up my DD and I at the airport they expressed their concern. I asked the location and then knew there was an error. Called the BC as we drove and was assigned a new villa that I knew was accessible. However, by the time we got to the resort, that one had been assigned to someone else!! What a mess. But luckily there was still one more left. I saw several other posts with problems around the same time so I think something was wrong with the system. Nothing like that has ever happened to us at the Polynesian, GF or BCV in many trips.

Funny how different our experiences have been. If there is availability, we've always been able to get an accessible room for our daughter at the Polynesian. When she was small, the tub rooms were best but by early grade school she wanted more privacy so the rollin shower rooms became a necessity as she can't get in a tub on her own.

We were able to get the accessible 2BR at BCV as soon as I realized the error. Long story but our DS1 and his wife checked in early in the day. They wondered about the room as it didn't seem accessible but they only had access to one portion of the lockoff originally. When they picked up my DD and I at the airport they expressed their concern. I asked the location and then knew there was an error. Called the BC as we drove and was assigned a new villa that I knew was accessible. However, by the time we got to the resort, that one had been assigned to someone else!! What a mess. But luckily there was still one more left. I saw several other posts with problems around the same time so I think something was wrong with the system. Nothing like that has ever happened to us at the Polynesian, GF or BCV in many trips.

Glad to hear they took care of it right away! You had me worried there for a minute. If you know which rooms you like, call & request that room & ask that they note "do not move" on the reservation also. So far it's worked for us. But that's not to say, we won't have a problem in the future.

As you can see, it's been years since we've been to the Poly. ('01 was our last visit there.) I think they have now converted almost all of the HA rooms to roll in showers now, so that would probably make things a bit easier.

I hope we have good luck with OKW, I get nervous planning any trip where the possibility of not getting a the right kind of HA room can totally ruin the trip for us. If BC would have had any availability I would have booked that, just so I wouldn't worry. (Even though we're not doing our regular WDW trip & going to Daytona for several days.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter