OKW - Health club ?

DreamingofDisney

Earning My Ears
We are DVC members who have recently gotten hooked on exercising. We have not stayed at OKW before, does it have a fitness room and if is so, is there a charge to use the facility?

Thanks!

yes. according to birnbaum's guide, "The R.E.S.T. health club features Nautilus and cardiovasular machines, a sauna, and massage[by appointment]." there is no mention of a charge, but it never hurts to ask! have a great trip.:p

There is no charge to use the equipement. You are suppose to have a room key to enter, but we have found it opened. My DH uses it when we stay there, I rather sunbath.....I say that someday I will use the equipment....I do have 41 years left!!!!

I was just there at the beginning of the month and it was AWESOME! The fitness center is just that, nothing hardcore. It's all nautilus and cardio with very limited dumbbells. I think the heaviest was 55 LBs. Do yourself a favor and get there either early or late, I found that alot of the kids at the resort were in there during the 'pool hours'.

I've used this fitness center (or room) before. It's got very basic equipment. As I see, the free weight issue hasn't changed. Also, they put a decorative edging on the mirror that interfers with it's use during certain weight exercises. :mad: I also had the problem with 20-something guys trying to show off and hogging equipment.

If you want to use a better equipped center, try the one at the Contemporary. The CM there told me it is free for DVC Members. Just show your card as you enter.

all DVC exercise facilities are free to members.

have you tried the one at VWL - it is wonderful

the one at OKW is much too small and has no supervision so there are alot of people who seem to use it.

If you don't like it, you can also use the Boardwalk's. There wasn't much to offer at the OKW fitness center for weight training. I would only use it when I was going to do a quick dumbbell workout. Our last stay, I drove over to the BW each morning and it wasn't a problem, (plenty of parking). I didn't realize we could use the contemporary's gym. It really comes down to how much you're into it, and what type of workout you normally do. Some just do the dumbbells and nautilus and it's fine for them.

MarjieJ....

Are you saying we now have "fitness center" hopping privileges as well?

Oh boy, a new perk! :D

..did you mean AWESOME or AWEFULL. Unless OKW has totally revamped,expanded & loaded it with gear since Dec,'00, IMO the "fitness center" impressed me as something DVC threw together at minimal expense for the sole purpose of being able to say "We have a fitness enter". Like others said, head to VWL. Their club is state-of-the-art. We fly out for 10 days there in 23 days,10 hrs and 57 minutes (but who's counting) and I can actually see myself getting up early and heading down to the club for a quick workout.Or maybe I'll just sleep in and lounge by the pool. Yeah,that's a better plan. Anyway,check it out,you won't be disappointed.

I just realized I was seriously ready to ask if they have a treadmill. Then I realized we were talking about Walt Disney World - where feet are screaming by the end of the day!

Sheesh - I've been gone too long. Looking forward to my trip in March!!!

Sue

Sorry about the confusion...I meant OKW was AWESOME! The 'fitness center' was a bit disappointing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter