OKW keeps producing.

BobbyDukes

Mouseketeer
We have stayed here a ton of times renting from a DVC store and being former members, and Old Key West the charm alive. The whimsical architecture in Florida charm keep puss coming back year after year. Being the oldest DVC Resort it doesn't show the rooms I've been updated it has one of the best restaurants for a DVC the pools are wonderful and clean and it's so spacious a big you feel almost alone. Do everyone else feel the same way we feel about Old Key West?

I love my OKW, just hate the generic renovations. And the horrible living room rug.

We have stayed here a ton of times renting from a DVC store and being former members, and Old Key West the charm alive. The whimsical architecture in Florida charm keep puss coming back year after year. Being the oldest DVC Resort it doesn't show the rooms I've been updated it has one of the best restaurants for a DVC the pools are wonderful and clean and it's so spacious a big you feel almost alone. Do everyone else feel the same way we feel about Old Key West?
Just stayed there for the first time. It’s the only DVC we hadn’t tried yet other than Riviera which I doubt we’ll ever try.

It was more spread out than I imagined, but buses were frequent. Olivias was great! My autistic son averaged 6-8 orders of fries each of our 10 days at WDW, and Olivias was by FAR the ones he kept asking for again and again. 💖 We’d definitely stay there again. 🥰

We’re really excited for our upcoming stay in December. Do you know if the water slide has a height requirement?

OKW is our favorite resort. We just bought more points there on the resale market. We always stay in buildings 11 to 14 close to HH. We have a disabled adult daughter and bring her friend. They can easily walk to the pool and the community house. We don’t do the parks very often but love the pool, the closeness of tennis and shuffle board, the boat to DS, Olivia’s and the community house And pool staff is the best. We go for two weeks every year and we are always sorry to leave.

When we lived out west we wanted to feel like we were in Florida, not another theme so OKW was our "home". We sold our DVC but keep going back for the ambiance of the resort. We stayed last week and now I am hunting down the paint colours for the interior rooms. I do like how they are look.

We have woken up there on 5 Christmas mornings, so it holds wonderful memories for us. We definitely feel we are coming home when we arrive. I love the reception area and shop, the pool areas, the peace and quiet of the surroundings, the boat to DS....I could go on. I am feeling happy and sad now after reminiscing about the wonderful holidays we've enjoyed, in this current climate of uncertainty for us all. Stay safe everyone, and hopefully we will all be back in the happiest place on earth very soon.

Love OKW. Really, the only way our family fits comfortably at WDW when we all go. It also gives me the best Florida feel!

Next trip, altho we are not staying at OKW (just 2 of us this time), I have plans to hop on an OKW bus when leaving MK, just so we can grab some dinner, and soak in that laid back Florida vibe before taking the boat to Disney Springs (my favorite! Love the boat ride).

I wouldn't say it's our favorite, but it is a great option. The in-laws love the huge rooms. I am personally a fan of the resorts where you can easily park near your unit (OKW, SS, etc...)

OKW is our original DVC purchase and is one of our favorites still. So many family memories there over the years - with some of the nicest rooms, and such a 'welcome home' feel there. Love it.

OKW is one of our favorites! our family really likes staying there because it doesn't feel like a hotel- rather your own building haha. we were fortunate enough to stay in a renovated 2 bdrm villa back in 2018 and thought it looked amazing. also does anyone know if all 3 bdrm villas are renovated? on the disney website it shows pics of the old room design

We might be staying there for thanksgiving so I love hearing this. How long of a ride is it from OKW to the parks on average. I've read so many different things I don't know which is right.

We might be staying there for thanksgiving so I love hearing this. How long of a ride is it from OKW to the parks on average. I've read so many different things I don't know which is right.

i believe it was about a 10-15 min ride to epcot and dhs (although i've waited nearly an hour just to get a bus to epcot before), and MK and AK are like 15-20 minutes away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter