OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

I agree that the QS options are lacking at OKW. For many years this was true of almost all the Deluxe class Disney resorts. ....

I always have thought that Goods to Go had just the right assortment for a pool side meal. I've never considered it a "food court" like at the values or moderates. I don't think they ever planned it for anything more than a poolside meal until the dining plan raised its ugly head.

yes, we must be old!!! ;o)

che

i-am-not-old-i-woke.jpg

Chuck

:rotfl: :lmao: lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I should have said we have been around a while!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1:

I vote for relocating Hanks, upgrading the fitness area and activities center in a new location, and expanding the counter service. Adding a covered veranda for the CS would be a nice touch too. I think you could fix what, in my opinion, are the things most lacking at OKW.

I vote for relocating Hanks, upgrading the fitness area and activities center in a new location, and expanding the counter service. Adding a covered veranda for the CS would be a nice touch too. I think you could fix what, in my opinion, are the things most lacking at OKW.

Well, it's always booked to capacity, though my home resort I've ended up at SSR often, so even though some may find it lacking, I'd hate to make it more popular, I might never be able to get in there! :scared1:

I do agree the fitness center is pitiful and needs work!!!!!!!!!!! But I have no use of refill stations nor CS, I think Goods to Go and Turtle Shack Snack bar have adequate CS offerings! And the Gurgling Suitcase is my refill station of choice, "Bar Keep, a Turtle Crawls with a wedge of lime, please!" :banana:

Nah, no changes needed. Goods to Go isn't "counter service". It's pool dining. "Grab a burger and fries while you are at the pool" dining. The DDP created these expectations that every location needs a full counter service. OKW doesn't need it. We have kitchens.

Community Hall doesn't get that crowded either. No need for expansion. And if you want a giant exercise facility, head over to SSR.

Nah, no changes needed. Goods to Go isn't "counter service". It's pool dining. "Grab a burger and fries while you are at the pool" dining. The DDP created these expectations that every location needs a full counter service. OKW doesn't need it. We have kitchens.

Community Hall doesn't get that crowded either. No need for expansion. And if you want a giant exercise facility, head over to SSR.

Lord no... i don't actually USE the exercise facility... and i can get cold beer there right now. I was just sayin... if you had to do something... that's what i'd do. I love OKW more than any other resort... just as it is.

O.K. where's the back peddling smiley when need one! The previous post must have been from your evil twin or perhaps you were having a moment of delirium? :rotfl2: :lmao:

Nah, no changes needed. No need for expansion. And if you want a giant exercise facility, head over to SSR.

OKW was built when excercise and fitness was an after thought, I think they could do better than the rinky dink one they have now!

Lord no... i don't actually USE the exercise facility... and i can get cold beer there right now. I was just sayin... if you had to do something... that's what i'd do. I love OKW more than any other resort... just as it is.

I agreed with the evil twin, the excercise facility is lacking and we do use it, and would prefer not having to go to SSR (which was closed in June, replaced by one no better than OKW's)

OKW was built when excercise and fitness was an after thought, I think they could do better than the rinky dink one they have now!

Exercise was a pretty big thing in the early 90's. But, I don't think so many people were so addicted they just had to have it on vacation.

Given the choice, I'd much rather run from OKW to SSR or DD than work out on a machine.

Well, it's always booked to capacity, though my home resort I've ended up at SSR often, so even though some may find it lacking, I'd hate to make it more popular, I might never be able to get in there! :scared1:

I do agree the fitness center is pitiful and needs work!!!!!!!!!!! But I have no use of refill stations nor CS, I think Goods to Go and Turtle Shack Snack bar have adequate CS offerings! And the Gurgling Suitcase is my refill station of choice, "Bar Keep, a Turtle Crawls with a wedge of lime, please!" :banana:

I totally agree! The only thing I see lacking is the fitness area.

I'm sorry for the silly question as I should know this but I've never had to use the pull out sofa and I'm mobile right now and can't seem to search posts efficiently...can someone tell me if there is bedding available for the pull out or do I need to bring some?

I'm sorry for the silly question as I should know this but I've never had to use the pull out sofa and I'm mobile right now and can't seem to search posts efficiently...can someone tell me if there is bedding available for the pull out or do I need to bring some?

Yes, bedding is supplied for the pull out sofa.

Yes, bedding is supplied for the pull out sofa.

They are kept in the master bedroom closet! We use the sofa beds each trip so I check upon entering the villa, just in case. It's better to know early that you don't have them, rather than later, as you try to make up the sofa bed late in the night!

99 days till I get to sit at the suitcase with my Disney grin plastered on my face :cool1:

We'll be staying here next year for 9 nights. Our first visit so we're really looking forward to it. I have a question about the bus system. Can I get the bus to a particular park, say AK for instance, from any bus stop? Or do I have to get a bus or walk to HH, get off and then get on the bus to AK? Hope this question makes sense.

Can I get the bus to a particular park, say AK for instance, from any bus stop? Or do I have to get a bus or walk to HH, get off and then get on the bus to AK? Hope this question makes sense.

The bus will have an indicator as to which park is its final destination. You hop on and it may stop and let off or pick up passengers at all stops including HH but you don't get off till you get to the park destination!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter