OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

The only ground floor entry GV is in bldg 48, and it is a handicap accessible unit (raised commode, less storage due to turning radius for wheelchairs), The GVs with elevator access (Bldg 63) are also Handicap modified.

Hello, staying in a 1 bedroom on 5/25/2021 and would like to know if a pack n play and high chair are standard in the room or if I need to request them? Also, does anyone know if the pack n play has a mattress?
Thanks!

Both should be in the unit, with a mattress. If not for some reason, just call housekeeping and they will bring you what you need. There is a button on the phone for housekeeping.

The pack n play is usually in the closet of the Master bedroom, the high chair is usually in the entry way closet.

In my last five stays, there wasn't a pack and play in the closet. You may need to request one as soon as you check in. And I haven't seen any high chairs either. No brooms, no mops, no cleaning materials, sometimes a vacuum. No pack and play and no high chair.

In my last five stays, there wasn't a pack and play in the closet. You may need to request one as soon as you check in. And I haven't seen any high chairs either. No brooms, no mops, no cleaning materials, sometimes a vacuum. No pack and play and no high chair.
When we were there in late April they were putting a new not sure if it a swiffer type vacuum in all rooms at OKW. They had a golf cart with 50 of them on it. We had the room occupied sign on and I saw the CM with them. She then brought the one up to our room.

We didn't have a broom or vacuum in our villa in March. We had to ask after dropping glaze from Krispy Kreme's finest.

Last edited:

I'm guessing the pack n play and high chairs were removed to be sure they were cleaned properly between uses due to COVID. Now available upon request, apparently.

OKW newb here! We are planning a January trip to OKW. We are not bus people. Prior to our most recent trip to AKL we never stay at resort that requires mostly busses. (WL, POLY, BLT, BCV). The amount of busses to JH were few and far between due to covid. But I have a small amount of points and want to stretch them at OKW. What's the bus situation like? Building recommendations for either near HH or not? Planning to go studio. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks yall!

At OKW a studio is a studio, pretty much, no differences in location. If you have problems with stairs, be sure to request ground floor, as only 3 buildings have elevators.

The first bus stop is peninsular road, but you'd need to ride through the rest of the resorts once you board. There are 5 bus stops total: Peninsular Road, South Point, Old Turtle Pond, Miller's Road and North Cove Road (Hospitality House). I usually prefer the Old Turtle Pond area, requesting to be near the bus stop. It is the 3rd stop, and I rarely have problems with full busses. But busses CAN be full at Miller's Road and Hospitality House. Also remember that studios at OKW have two real queen beds, no couch, only a small two person dining table.

Last edited:

Same with ours at AKV and BWV although no vacuum at either. Made me wonder if it had been necessary we called for one if we would be given one or if a housekeeper would come and take care of it. It's all become much less of a home away from home or even a timeshare and more hotel.

We are considering a stay at OKW and I have seen several "complaints" about bus service in this thread. However, since all Disney resorts have bus service issues from time to time would someone provide feedback on OKW bus service in general to/from all parks?

Also, we are looking at booking a studio and since we have not stayed here before is there any location in OKW that is better than most for a bus stop that you can readily get on the first one to arrive?

We are considering a stay at OKW and I have seen several "complaints" about bus service in this thread. However, since all Disney resorts have bus service issues from time to time would someone provide feedback on OKW bus service in general to/from all parks?

Also, we are looking at booking a studio and since we have not stayed here before is there any location in OKW that is better than most for a bus stop that you can readily get on the first one to arrive?
The first stop coming into the resort from the parks is Peninsular Road. The stops, in normal order (which can vary for road construction and things) Is Peninsular Road, South Point, Old Turtle Pond, Millers Road and North Cove Road (Hospitality House/main check-in)

I've never had issues getting on buses at any of the first 3 stops. Buses are sometimes totally full by the time they get to hospitality house.

At OKW, a studio is a studio, pretty much. The Peninsular Road stop is closest to buildings 23 to 26 those are in the Near Hospitality House booking category. If you want Peninsular Road stop and are not in the Hospital House category, request buildings 27 to 29.

My personal favorite buildings are 30 to 35, near the Old Turtle Pond bus stop.

Remember that OKW does not have elevators, except in buildings 62, 63 and 64 which were built after the rest of the resort was finished and there had been changes to the Disabilities act which required elevators. If you're traveling with someone who has mobility issues be sure to request first floor for medical reasons, although in general the stairs at OKW aren't bad, 1/2 flight, a landing, and another half flight. There are some buildings with studios on the 3rd floor, but most studios are on the first or second floor.

Last edited:
Question for OKW veterans on rooms...what building number “almost” hangs over the canal the boat takes to Springs? We have been mostly assigned Miller, Penisular bus stop area and might like to request something different. *Disclaimer - we would like something that puts space between us and others due to our often noisy toddler.

Question for OKW veterans on rooms...what building number “almost” hangs over the canal the boat takes to Springs? We have been mostly assigned Miller, Penisular bus stop area and might like to request something different. *Disclaimer - we would like something that puts space between us and others due to our often noisy toddler.
Those canal buildings are 45,46 along with 55. A building that might give you extra space feel in that same area is building 56. Little one can express themself without being on the golf course. Plus it’s close to the current second bus stop (south point) and the pool/playground there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter