OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

I can try! Is it something they give you on a paper? Really looking forward to this trip and celebrating my 60th bday.

I was under the impression it was only when they are open. Will find out.
:bday: I believe most, if not all resorts, now display them on a board outside somewhere. Usually near the pool. Otherwise, the recreation cast members or front desk can provide them. Thank you and have fun!

Ok next random question. Just checked into a studio. there is an ice bucket but no where to get ice? The fridge has a tiny freezer section but no ice cube trays. Anything we’re missing?

Never mind. Found ice at the bus station. Also saw an email that my room was ready at 3:30. Unfortunately they sent a text a minute before that that said my room was NOT ready so we were hanging around waiting for a room ready text until 4:20 when I went in to ask when my room would be ready. Not sure why they didn’t text.

Oh my goodness! I just learned that OKW qualifies for the extended evening magic hours. Bonus! So very excited.

Oh my goodness! I just learned that OKW qualifies for the extended evening magic hours. Bonus! So very excited.
All DVC resorts at WDW qualify. It is really nice. We took advantage in our last trip. The only bad thing was at Epcot Test Track and Frozen both went down. Test track was down almost all day and Frozen about 45 minutes into the extra time. That pushed lines at the other rides much longer than would be. They need about 5 more rides at Epcot. Guardians should just be the beginning.

We are staying at OKW in July. We stayed at OKW about 9 years ago and when taking boat to Disney Springs we noticed some rooms with water view. Which area would we request to possibly be able to get one of those? Has anyone has success in calling the resort and requesting a certain view and top floor? We have never called the resort, how do you do that?
Thanks for any advice that you can give us.

We are staying at OKW in July. We stayed at OKW about 9 years ago and when taking boat to Disney Springs we noticed some rooms with water view. Which area would we request to possibly be able to get one of those? Has anyone has success in calling the resort and requesting a certain view and top floor? We have never called the resort, how do you do that?
You would need to request buildings 45, 46 or 55. It is just a request with a small chance of getting it.

Attachments

• 2A586290-3231-43B2-87E2-75BF078A6786.jpeg
    2A586290-3231-43B2-87E2-75BF078A6786.jpeg
    33.4 KB · Views: 15
If you’re paying cash to Disney for your room, you’ll need to call the reservation line to submit your request. You might be able to do it via Chat in MDE - I’m not sure. If you’re the DVC owner, you can chat, email or call MS to submit your request. If you’re renting points, the DVC owner you’re renting from would need to chat, email or call MS.

Don't just ask for water view if want to overlook the canal. We made that mistake (just asking for "water view") and we overlooked a small pond, but we were by far the closest we've ever been to the main road. The traffic noise was so loud that it was the only trip where we couldn't sit on our balcony. Not at all relaxing. Our mistake!

Staying OKW on points for my 40th birthday in December. Does anyone have any resort or room tips for a first timer?

Tips would depend upon what YOU want personally. Do you want a quieter area of the resort, or to be near the hustle and bustle of the main pool, dining and transportation area. What kind of view would you prefer, water, woods, golf? Remember that only 3 OKW building have elevators, so if stairs are an issue, be sure to request ground floor.

Tips would depend upon what YOU want personally. Do you want a quieter area of the resort, or to be near the hustle and bustle of the main pool, dining and transportation area. What kind of view would you prefer, water, woods, golf? Remember that only 3 OKW building have elevators, so if stairs are an issue, be sure to request ground floor.
This is a great tip! I do have some breathing issues so stairs aren’t great so I’ll be sure to request ground floor. Personally, I’d prefer a quieter area, maybe near a quiet pool and not too far from my bus stop. As for a view I don’t mind - the resort looks beautiful and I’m sure it’ll be great. I’m having more of a staycation with less park days so it seems perfect.

Also, does anyone know how many mug refill places there are? I read there were two? And is the boat only docking at the marketplace still? I think I read this earlier in thread.

TIA

There are two refill stations, Good's to Go in the main area, and Turtle Shack at the pool on Turtle Pond Road. One of my favorite areas is buildings 30 to 35, near the Turtle Pond bus stop, ususally pretty quiet, close to the bus stop and relatively close to the Turtle Pond quiet pool. It is a walk up to the boat to Disney Springs, but you can also take a bus, or hop on any bus up to the main area.

Owner at okw. Our first stay at a dvc resort. We stay here quite often. I love how it feels different from the other resorts.

There are two refill stations, Good's to Go in the main area, and Turtle Shack at the pool on Turtle Pond Road. One of my favorite areas is buildings 30 to 35, near the Turtle Pond bus stop, ususally pretty quiet, close to the bus stop and relatively close to the Turtle Pond quiet pool. It is a walk up to the boat to Disney Springs, but you can also take a bus, or hop on any bus up to the main area.
Thanks so much, that’s really helpful. Those building areas sound ideal but I guess this makes them hard to come by too. Are request usually granted for specific areas?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter