OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

We’re at SSR on an RCI exchange now and were here in June 2021 also via RCI. You need to call DVC at 800-800-9800 and tell them you’re coming on an inbound RCI exchange, in order to get the Disney confirmation number to link your reservation to your MDE. Be prepared to wait a few minutes while the CM finds your RCI reservation, and then you’ll need to give names and ages of everyone who will be staying in the room, just like for a normal Disney resort reservation.

After that it’s treated as any other DVC points reservation, IOW you won’t be charged for parking and will have all Disney resort guest perks like early entry, Deluxe Extra Evening Hours, etc. Your CC on file in MDE will be billed the $190 inbound fee on the morning of checkin. You can make room requests when you call MS, understanding that they may or may not be granted, just like any other room request, but with a large resort like OKW I think a simple request like “close to a pool” has a good chance. And as with all requests, when you do online checkin, leave the requests section blank because it will override whatever you request on the phone!
Done and done. Ty, went very smooth!

So nice to see it in MDE. :)

We are changing our reservation from SSR to OKW because the main pool at SSR will be closed during the week we are traveling. The OKW slide looks great for DD, and the studios at OKW with two real beds look nice. We will be there first week of March. Any tips on the resort we should know about? Any best food? Thank you!!

Ok next random question. Just checked into a studio. there is an ice bucket but no where to get ice? The fridge has a tiny freezer section but no ice cube trays. Anything we’re missing?
Are they provide plastic cutlery and papers plates/bowls in the studios?

i used Touring Plans and it worked for OKW, but i have gotten about half of the requests I’ve made on Touring Plans.
We will be staying at OKW for the first time this March 2023. We won't have a car and the place is huge! What should we request (besides the obvious near HH)? Thank you!

We will be staying at OKW for the first time this March 2023. We won't have a car and the place is huge! What should we request (besides the obvious near HH)? Thank you!
It is doubtful you will get very close to the HH area, unless you've specificalkly reserved the Near HH booking category. You may get into buildings 62 to 64, but those are the only buldings with elevators and are often held for those with ambulatoory difficulty doing stairs.

But realistically, unless you get lucky, the closest you may be able to get is buildings 27 to 29, or buildings 15 to 22. There are 5 bus stops throughout the resort. The HH area is the last stop for the busses on the way out to the parks. You can hop on any park bus to take you there. To return to a farther stop, walk across the bridge to the Peninsular Road stop. it is the first stop on the way into OKW, and you can ride back to your closest stop.

There is also an internal bus, but it ALSO goes to Disney Springs and often Typhoon Lagoon, so the park busses are generally much faster.

Last edited:
It is doubtful you will get very close to the HH area, unless you've specificalkly reserved the Near HH booking category. You may get into buildings 62 to 64, but those are the only buldings with elevators and are often held for those with ambulatoory difficulty doing stairs.

But realistically, unless you get lucky, the closest you may be able to get is buildings 27 to 29, or buildings 15 to 22. There are 5 bus stops throughout the resort. The HH area is the last stop for the busses on the way out to the parks. You can hop on any bus park to take you there. To return to a farther stop, walk across the bridge to the Peninsular Road stop. it is the first stop on the way into OKW, and you can ride back to your closest stop.

There is also an internal bus, but is ALSO goes to Disney Springs andoften Typhoon Lagoon, so the park busses are generally much faster.
This is very helpful. Thank you! One more quick question, with studios and the lock off door, is it noisy? I have read several reviews that you can hear everything next door. Plus, is plastic cutlery and paper plates/bowls provided in a studio? Thank you!!

We stayed there for the first time a few months ago. The way the busses work, I don't think it matters much where you stay. The busses run like clockwork most of the time. Our studio was on Old Turtle Pond, and we were 50 ft. from the bus stop. I think there are 5 stops, you can jump on any bus, and it will drop you off at the hospitality house (last stop). We really liked the resort, some people may choose to stay near the Hospitality House, but they probably book up first. Very laid-back atmosphere, very nice resort. Some people don't like the busses, but I don't mind them at all.

This is very helpful. Thank you! One more quick question, with studios and the lock off door, is it noisy? I have read several reviews that you can hear everything next door. Plus, is plastic cutlery and paper plates/bowls provided in a studio? Thank you!!
With the removal of the carpeting in the one bedroom units during the last refurbishment, you can hear some things from your neighbor, especially if they have active kids. You can try putting a pillow or towel at the bottom of the lock-off door to absorb some of the sound.

Last edited:
Yes, paper plates/bowls and plastic knife/spoon/and forks are provided.

Disney Vacation Club Studio Amenity List​

Listed below are the typical amenities found in the Disney Vacation Club Studio Villas

The listing (and prices) are subject to change without notice!
Quantities are ONE unless noted

Kitchen
Beverage Glasses 4
Can Opener
Coffee
Coffee Maker
Coffee Mugs 4
Corkscrew
Dish Soap
Dish Towel
Ice Bucket
Paper Bowls 4
Paper Plates 4
Plastic Forks 4
Plastic Knives 4
Plastic Spoons 4
Recycle Basket
Sponge
Toaster
Waste Basket
Sugar Basket
Closet
Broom
Graco Pack n Play w/Sheet
Hanger Regular 10
Hanger Skirt 4
Iron
Ironing Board
Luggage Rack
Vacuum Cleaner
Items Available Upon Request and Based on Availability
Bed Rails
Blankets
Blender
Decaf Coffee
Hangers
High Chair
Pillows
Voltage Converter
Also included intially: Facial and Bath Soap, Shampoo, Conditioner, Shower Gel.
Towels for Number of Registered Guests.​

Yes, paper plates/bowls and plastic knife/spoon/and forks are provided.

Disney Vacation Club Studio Amenity List​

Listed below are the typical amenities found in the Disney Vacation Club Studio Villas

The listing (and prices) are subject to change without notice!
Quantities are ONE unless noted

Kitchen
Beverage Glasses 4
Can Opener
Coffee
Coffee Maker
Coffee Mugs 4
Corkscrew
Dish Soap
Dish Towel
Ice Bucket
Paper Bowls 4
Paper Plates 4
Plastic Forks 4
Plastic Knives 4
Plastic Spoons 4
Recycle Basket
Sponge
Toaster
Waste Basket
Sugar Basket
Closet
Broom
Graco Pack n Play w/Sheet
Hanger Regular 10
Hanger Skirt 4
Iron
Ironing Board
Luggage Rack
Vacuum Cleaner
Items Available Upon Request and Based on Availability
Bed Rails
Blankets
Blender
Decaf Coffee
Hangers
High Chair
Pillows
Voltage Converter
Also included intially: Facial and Bath Soap, Shampoo, Conditioner, Shower Gel.
Towels for Number of Registered Guests.​
Do they really still have vacuum cleaners? OurLast 2 stays at CCV and HHI , no vacuums.

Warning about "jumping on any park bus to get to the HH": My daughter and SIL did that last week, loaded with lightsabers and droids they wanted to ship home from the General Store. They got on a MK bus and it did not stop at the HH! They got stuck going to MK, where they had to walk to the Contemporary to ship the stuff and then bus from there to the park they were heading to. Lesson learned--always ask the driver if he's stopping at the HH to be sure!

Warning about "jumping on any park bus to get to the HH": My daughter and SIL did that last week, loaded with lightsabers and droids they wanted to ship home from the General Store. They got on a MK bus and it did not stop at the HH! They got stuck going to MK, where they had to walk to the Contemporary to ship the stuff and then bus from there to the park they were heading to. Lesson learned--always ask the driver if he's stopping at the HH to be sure!
This has happened to me except
it wasn’t the HH. It was the South Point Road bus stop. She drove right past it and we were on the bus. We yelled to get her attention. When she realized what she did, she put the bus in reverse and as she was backing up ran into the bus stop structure and and damaged a gutter. 😆

This has happened to me except
it wasn’t the HH. It was the South Point Road bus stop. She drove right past it and we were on the bus. We yelled to get her attention. When she realized what she did, she put the bus in reverse and as she was backing up ran into the bus stop structure and and damaged a gutter. 😆
That happened to me once at SSR, zoomed right past the Paddock stop. I yelled, he stopped...right in front of my building :) .

Can anyone clarify: Is there a direct Typhoon Lagoon bus? Or do you have to go to DS and transfer?

We’ll be staying in a 1BR in three weeks for the first time and we’ll be arriving late at night. We will not have a car and planning on getting Mears or Sunshine Flyer transportation from airport. We are booked in the HH category but was wondering about getting to our rooms after arriving from airport. Do we need to walk and carry our luggage to our room? Can we take them with us on the internal buses? Until what time the internal buses run?
Thank you in advance.

We’ll be staying in a 1BR in three weeks for the first time and we’ll be arriving late at night. We will not have a car and planning on getting Mears or Sunshine Flyer transportation from airport. We are booked in the HH category but was wondering about getting to our rooms after arriving from airport. Do we need to walk and carry our luggage to our room? Can we take them with us on the internal buses? Until what time the internal buses run?
Thank you in advance.
If you are booked HH, you will be close to the main building/check in area. You should be able to walk to your room from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter