• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW main pool closed

Nanajo1

DIS Veteran
During our trip in February. We will have at least 6 kids interested in slide. Is it worth it to take the bus they are offering to go to SSS? I don't how often the busses are running. Has anyone done this? Thoughts? TIA.

wow, the pool is closed???....I would say pool hopping to another resort may be more advisable...i like the Boardwalk or maybe Wilderness Lodge...or whatever its called

I didn't know anything about this, the pool closure. Have I been living in a cave? We check in there next Wednesday for a week, but come to think of it it's January-is the pool only closed in February?

I guess you are referring to Saratoga Springs. Sure, give it a try, but also try the other pools that were mentioned above if you can. It can be a hassle to pack everything up though if you are only going to go for a couple of hours. SSR has two pools with slides.

I have not seen an exact date but Disney has stated that the main pool will be closed from "early January" through the end of February.

They will offer a direct shuttle bus to Saratoga Springs. Inquire at the front desk regarding scheduling. That will be the simplest option for hopping to a feature pool. As stated, SSR has two feature pools, both with slides, zero entry, etc.

Other resorts are available for DVC pool hopping but that requires a bit more planning and hassle with no direct resort-to-resort transportation offered. IMHO, the SSR facilities are as good as anything. BoardWalk is a charming resort but there's nothing about its main pool which is inherently better than SSR.

The pool, playground, and sports courts were closed beginning today, (1/2). We have had voice messages on our room phone the past two evenings. They are offering expanded selections, bar service, and hours at Turtle Shack snack bar meantime. There will also be buses to SSR from Hospitality House for the use of their pool.

During our trip in February. We will have at least 6 kids interested in slide. Is it worth it to take the bus they are offering to go to SSS? I don't how often the busses are running. Has anyone done this? Thoughts? TIA.
I used to like to pool hop when the kids were a little younger, but those were days when we would drive and therefore have our own car. If you're planning a whole afternoon or evening, it might be worth the excursion, but it's a time commitment both ways. YMMV. But six kids to keep happy at a neighborhood pool...

Have a blast either way.

IMHO, the SSR facilities are as good as anything. BoardWalk is a charming resort but there's nothing about its main pool which is inherently better than SSR.
Boardwalk has Keester Coaster! 200 feet of water slide fun!

Wilderness Lodge is not available to DVC members for pool hopping:

Pool hopping is not available at Bay Cove Pool at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort, Uzima Pool and Samawati Springs Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts, the leisure pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas, the Lava Pool and leisure pool at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort, the Silver Creek Springs Pool and Hidden Springs Pool at Disney's Wilderness Lodge and the pools at Disney's Art of Animation Resort. There are no exceptions to this policy.

Yup, checked in yesterday and got the dreaded call/message. However, nothing was said about the SSR pool. Just the Turtle pond would be expanding its hours and its offerings to make up for the lack of the main pool. Doesn't matter to us too much since we're way down at South Point area.

I am at OKW and took the "Van" not a bus over to Saratoga Springs. The messages lend you to believe it's a big bus like the ones going to the parks. After waiting and not seeing any going to SSR we asked a CM standing back by the ME area. He was the "shuttle" driver so we left right away. Really the messages should be more clear. The driver did say the OKW pool is to be completed by March 1, 2017. Also they are making the pool to be only like 4 ft. deep.

I am at OKW and took the "Van" not a bus over to Saratoga Springs. The messages lend you to believe it's a big bus like the ones going to the parks. After waiting and not seeing any going to SSR we asked a CM standing back by the ME area. He was the "shuttle" driver so we left right away. Really the messages should be more clear. The driver did say the OKW pool is to be completed by March 1, 2017. Also they are making the pool to be only like 4 ft. deep.

Hey! I'm there in 3 weeks - quick question, did you specifically have to use one pool at SSS? Wondering about using the paddock pool but the email specified use of the other one.

Thanks!

Hey! I'm there in 3 weeks - quick question, did you specifically have to use one pool at SSS? Wondering about using the paddock pool but the email specified use of the other one.

Thanks!
The shuttle stop is at the main pool at the Springs area. I guess you could always ask the driver.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter