OKW or SSR? and why.....

ro80

DIS Veteran
If you had a choice between a studio at OKW or SSR, which would you pick? The reason I ask is because I've heard some of the studios at OKW can be a little beat up. Is there a better section to ask for at OKW to get a nicer studio????:confused3

For me, it would depend on my plans. If I hoped to spend lots of time in downtown Disney, it would probably be SSR. Also, I have little kids, so the 0-entry pool at SSR would be great for them. OKW was recently given a face lift, so that wouldn't be my issue, but the OKW rooms are bigger than SSR so that might be an issue. If my kids were older, OKW would probably be my choice. Either way, you will have a great time!

I could be mistaken, but I believe OKW studios have 2 queens, whereas SSR studios have a pull out.

Assuming that's true, I would pick OKW for more than two people, and SSR for two or less. :smokin:

MG

Oh, jeez. I didn't even think of that. Well, 2 queens are good. Do any of the studios at SSR have 2 queens - not to get off the real subject though.....

Great - but is that all studios at OKW or just some. Is it a special request?

Oh, jeez. I didn't even think of that. Well, 2 queens are good. Do any of the studios at SSR have 2 queens - not to get off the real subject though.....

No, studios at SSR will be a queen size bed and a full size pull out sofa. We almost always stay at OKW, but rarely in a studio. All of the studios at OKW are on the outside ends of the buildings. This means that the first floor rooms are often very hemmed in by vegetation and COULD be near a roadway in some buildings. That being said, I really don't care for the layout of the SSR and other studios. I find the bathroom door/closet door/ dressing area to be a giant PITA! We've never had any huge condition issues at OKW, and we have been staying there for 10 years. If you are going to need two beds though, I would DEFINITELY pick OKW over SSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter