• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW pool questions

vbarry

DIS Veteran
I have been trying to research this but have not found it.

We have asked to be close to HH since out children are small and thought this would be easier.

If we do not get close to HH....what would be the next area to request to be close to a quiet pool??

Do any rooms look out to a quiet pool or do any 1st floor rooms walk out to the pool area??

Any building suggestions would be appreciated!

There are many OKW first floor rooms close to quiet pools, but OKW has done an excellent job of landscaping to keep noise and disturbance down, so actually seeing and walking directly from your unit to the pool will not be possible without going around the vegetation and through the po0l entrance ways. In December, we were in a 2 bedroom unit right next to the South Point hot tub. We couldn't just hop over the balcony rail from the unit though, because there is a lot of lanscaping in there. I'm glad they do it that way, because without that landscaping, some of the units would get quite noisy from pool activites.
Here is the OKW map so you can see which buildings are near quiet pools. Don't forget that ANY unit is as close to the main pool as you are to a bus stop. ANY bus will always stop at HH last, so any bus can be taken to the main pool. Also, all quiet pools have kiddie play areas.
okwmap-newestcodedmap1-2007copy.jpg

We enjoy the Turtle Pond area. It has a quiet pool, but also has a snack bar so if we want to get an ice cream or some pizza for lunch you can.

We just returned today & had stayed in building 40, which is a very short walk to the pool.

We just got back this week. We were in building 56. We were the closest 1st floor 1 bedroom from the quiet pool. I loved the location. It was very quiet and secluded. It was far from HH, but also had a bus depot at the end on the unit. You can't walk out from your balcony. They are enclosed. We had a view from our balcony of the pool and the small playground. I believe building 55 also has water views. Enjoy.

Thanks everyone! Your building numbers, maps etc have been very helpful. Now if June 28 would only get here!

Thanks for the map. We are booked here for mid August (first time OKW).

Is the Turtle Pond Snack area back open?

It was closed last time we were there.

Thanks

Is the Turtle Pond Snack area back open?

It was closed last time we were there.

Thanks
It was open last week while we were there. The hours are 11-5 p.m. We were told they close during poor weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter