OKW vs. SSR with small children

douglas4315

Earning My Ears
We are going to Disney for the week of 4th of July. We have a 21 month old son and we are bringing another couple with us who has a 3.5 year old and a 1 year old.

In your opinion what resort do you think is better for this age group? In addition is there anything we should think about for the 4th if July week to do special?

Lastly, is there a price list for boat rentals/activities at OKW somewhere?

We are going to Disney for the week of 4th of July. We have a 21 month old son and we are bringing another couple with us who has a 3.5 year old and a 1 year old.

In your opinion what resort do you think is better for this age group? In addition is there anything we should think about for the 4th if July week to do special?

Lastly, is there a price list for boat rentals/activities at OKW somewhere?

I'd choose SSR or VWL with toddlers:

SSR has zero entry, a toddler/baby slide, and a toddler water play area at their pool - which may make it more enjoyable for the toddlers. SSR also has an air-conditioned CS dining option with crayons and easels on each table to occupy little restless hands.

VWL is a ferryboat away from the MK - which is probably the main park you'll visit w/that age - and you can roll your stroller with a sleeping child on the boat without having to fold it up.

I decided on OKW....and we will also be there over the 4th of July!! (cannot wait by the way!) Theming played a big part in my decision and the large rooms.

SSR does have zero entry but OKW does have a kiddie pool and I have read they have a nice sand play area by the pool.

We stayed at the Poly last May and our DD was 22 months. My older daughter loved the Poly pool...but my little one is very, very active and I could have pulled my hair out watching her in that pool!! I would turn my head and before you knew it....she was heading to the deep end!! I finally went to the gift shop and purchased $20.00 worth of sand toys for her to play with and this did help!!

We then moved over to BWV and they have a nice kiddie play area. I was able to relax and my DD played for hours!!

Good luck in making your decision!! Maybe we will see you at OKW!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter