Old Disney Park photos

olddisneypic1975-1.jpg

Disneyland circa 1975?

Just wanted to say thank you to those who helped touch up my old photos. My DH (Wizzzzzard) posted them originally. I loved looking at them. I also love seeing all the old pics that everyone else has posted. I don't have many other vintage pics of the parks, but I was there in the mid '80s and it is great to see pics of what I saw when I was there. Thanks for bringing back all my memories and helping pass the last few days/weeks before my next trip "home".

Karla

You're very welcome! Thank YOU for sharing them with us! I'm glad you enjoyed them :goodvibes

Wizzzzzard, It's so weird, the photos from that quote were posted minutes after I sent you the PM asking permission to retouch your photos :)

Some aged a little better than others, but I hope you and your wife enjoy them!

If anyone wants a little retouching help, PM me and let me know. I'll be happy to give your photos a shot!

Thank you very much!

I'm in the process of scanning some old family photos, thought I'd share a few that were taken at WDW in April 1972...

On the monorail, on the way in from the parking lot. I can't get over the lack of landscaping. Then again, the park was only 6 months old at this point.
DisneyWorld1972002.jpg

DisneyWorld1972003.jpg

We're here! Where is everybody?!
DisneyWorld1972001.jpg

The teacups before they were enclosed. My cousin and I are in the pink teacup at 11 o'clock. I'm pretty sure that's the last time I rode them! :sick:
DisneyWorld1972005.jpg

Adventureland. Note the Marcia Brady hair and that funky hot pants ensemble I was rockin!
DisneyWorld1972006.jpg

Dad in the obligatory Liberty Square stockade pose. Check out the guy next to him. Who says hot pants are just for women?!
DisneyWorld1972007.jpg

The pre-TTC Magic Kingdom parking lot. No trams...you actually had to walk all the way to your car!
DisneyWorld1972008.jpg

I'm in the process of scanning some old family photos, thought I'd share a few that were taken at WDW in April 1972...

On the monorail, on the way in from the parking lot. I can't get over the lack of landscaping. Then again, the park was only 6 months old at this point.

DisneyWorld1972003.jpg

My first trip was in the summer of '81. The topiaries were still there and Epcot was still under construction. The Magic Kingdom was celebrating its "Tencennial" (10th Anniversary) and we had a blast! A one day pass was under $20 too!:goodvibes

My first trip was in the summer of '81. The topiaries were still there and Epcot was still under construction. The Magic Kingdom was celebrating its "Tencennial" (10th Anniversary) and we had a blast! A one day pass was under $20 too!:goodvibes
Wow...for $20 now, you can just about park your car at the TTC and watch the monorail go by, LOL.

Wish I had saved those old park tickets. What a fun souvenir to have.

Wow...for $20 now, you can just about park your car at the TTC and watch the monorail go by, LOL.

Wish I had saved those old park tickets. What a fun souvenir to have.
I just dug up an old scrapbook of Disney World guides, tickets, etc, at my parents house. I believe our trip was April 1978. If I can, I'll scan and post a few things. Parking was 50 cents, a two day, "16 adventure" ticket booklet was $16, and I had circled in the guide books that we went on the Skyway (I remember that my hat flew off, never to be seen again!), 20, 000 Leagues, The Mickey Mouse Revue (had to look that one up), "If You Had Wings," and Circle-Vision 360 "America the Beautiful." both FREE! And I was upset that we didn't get to go to River Country!
Jessica

DisneyWorld1972002.jpg

DisneyWorld1972003.jpg

We're here! Where is everybody?!
DisneyWorld1972001.jpg

The teacups before they were enclosed. My cousin and I are in the pink teacup at 11 o'clock. I'm pretty sure that's the last time I rode them! :sick:
DisneyWorld1972005.jpg

Adventureland. Note the Marcia Brady hair and that funky hot pants ensemble I was rockin!
DisneyWorld1972006.jpg

Dad in the obligatory Liberty Square stockade pose. Check out the guy next to him. Who says hot pants are just for women?!
DisneyWorld1972007.jpg

The pre-TTC Magic Kingdom parking lot. No trams...you actually had to walk all the way to your car!
DisneyWorld1972008.jpg

Those pictures are AWESOME!!!!! I remember the topiaries on the way to MK. It was so exciting to see them. I was disapointed when they were no longer there.

I just love seeing all these pictures! Thank you everyone for sharing your memories. :hug:

I've loved looking through this thread, great to see everyone's old photos, though a few dodgy outfits from years gone by :rotfl2:

Thought I'd share some of my photos (if I can manage to post them :rolleyes1).

These are from 1988 or 89:

Taken from the Skyway I think it was called:

CIMG1504.jpg

20,000 Leagues under the Sea:

CIMG1501.jpg

CIMG1499.jpg

Toontown, though was it called Mickey's Birthdayland back in 88/89:

CIMG1498.jpg

These are photos of photos, turned out quite well :)

Some of you were talking about the Empress Lily, I went and had a character breakfast on it back in 1988 or 1989. Here's a pic:

CIMG1502.jpg

:)

Thanks eeyoresnr, here's a few more:

Character breakfast on board the Empress Lily:

CIMG1532.jpg

And does anybody remember these shows, I was pretty young when we saw them and I can't remember where they were even, I'm sure someone will know :)

CIMG1497.jpg

CIMG1503.jpg

And does anybody remember these shows, I was pretty young when we saw them and I can't remember where they were even, I'm sure someone will know :)

<snip pics>

"Rap'n'Roll" pic looks to be at the old Fantasy Faire open air stage in Fantasyland. It was back where Ariel's Grotto was, all removed for the Fantasy Forrest expansion. Compare the "Rap'n'Roll" pic to when "Totally Minnie" was performed there.(1986) Note the greenery on both sides of the stage in both pics.
86-23_copy.jpg

I think the last photo is the original Theater of the Stars at MGM Studios which was torn down (1993) for the Sunset Blvd expansion. It could be one of these shows:

Show Biz Is ?/89 - ?/89
Now Playing 5/89 - ?/89
Hollywood! Hollywood! 7/89? - ?/?
Hollywoods Pretty Woman 12/89? - 4/90

:)

Thanks eeyoresnr, here's a few more:

The "Rap & Roll" show was on the Tomorrowland Theater stage in the early 90's. The theater sits between the Carousel of Progress and what is now Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin.

There's a video of it here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter