Old Disney Park photos

Can someone identify this? This was taken in July 1993.

28.jpg

38.jpg

I thought these pictures were taken at EPCOT. However there is a Christmas motif in both pictures (remember, this was taken in the middle of summer). I showed these pictures to someone, and she suggested the Christmas village at Disney/MGM. I can't remember a Christmas village, but remember, this was nearly 20 years ago.

Can someone identify this? This was taken in July 1993.

28.jpg

38.jpg

I thought these pictures were taken at EPCOT. However there is a Christmas motif in both pictures (remember, this was taken in the middle of summer). I showed these pictures to someone, and she suggested the Christmas village at Disney/MGM. I can't remember a Christmas village, but remember, this was nearly 20 years ago.
It looks like it's at MGM, my kids are always playing on that fake snow. It's near Pizza Planet. (If it's where I think it is!)

It looks like it's at MGM, my kids are always playing on that fake snow. It's near Pizza Planet. (If it's where I think it is!)

...you are absolutely correct! There used to be a red sleigh and a fake snowman there - great photo op!

Wow! That hat really does kill the view! This is much better!!!

This is from my first visit, Jan, 73, and Frontierland was still being built. This is the (empty) Rivers of America! Tom Sawyer's Island across the way. (View from the train.)

cJUD-Dis7387.jpg

:)

Jud

This is from my first visit, Jan, 73, and Frontierland was still being built. This is the (empty) Rivers of America! Tom Sawyer's Island across the way. (View from the train.)

cJUD-Dis7387.jpg

....WOW! :earseek: :eek: That IS an 'oldie-but-goodie'!!

My kids loved seeing this pic!
More, more, more please. ;)

Well, I'll give you one more that I already have up in the album (for the POTD thread.)

Same visit, first visit, on leave for the day from Naval Recruit Training Command Orlando, Company 379... this is one of my buddies at the entrance to Tomorrowland! A bit different now...

cJUD-Dis73ACL42.jpg

Jud

....had I seen that pic elsewhere, I would have NEVER guessed it to be WDW! Looks so 'World's Fair'-like....

New to this thread... We found some old pictures from 1982.. I believe that is when Epcot opened up.. Here's the first from our new "old" stash..

This one of course is from the Magic Kingdom

Untitled-12.jpg

Well, I'll give you one more that I already have up in the album (for the POTD thread.)

Same visit, first visit, on leave for the day from Naval Recruit Training Command Orlando, Company 379... this is one of my buddies at the entrance to Tomorrowland! A bit different now...

cJUD-Dis73ACL42.jpg

Jud

It looks like the entrance into a outdoor shopping mall. Never would guess that was tomorrow land

Father in law at Epcot 1982.. Have NO IDEA who the character is..
Untitled-11.jpg

Untitled-10.jpg

No Trees!
Untitled-9.jpg

Untitled-8.jpg

Looking kinda bald here too..
Untitled-7.jpg

....had I seen that pic elsewhere, I would have NEVER guessed it to be WDW! Looks so 'World's Fair'-like....

Huh. Never thought of that but now that you mention it... and I would surmise that at the time, that was the "common" view of Tomorrow!

Jud

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter