Old Disney Ticket still useable?!

MaterializedHaunt

Mouseketeer
I hope this is the right place to post this...

I have obtained so nicely a descent size collection of old Disneyland ticket books. Of them all I have 44 of the "5 Adventures in Disneyland" and 2 Disneyland Passports that have never been used!

I know some ticket books are still good to this day but I dont know which are good and which aren't and having never been to DLR, maybe if these are good then I might sneak on out to California after my September WDW trip! :yay:

Any help on this would be super super!!! *fingers crossed*

208897_10150968511004123_255306575_n.jpg

557185_10150968511089123_1042224641_n.jpg

534976_10150968511189123_2106116178_n.jpg

Thanks in advance!
- MaterializedHaunt :hmghost:

I have no idea but that is totally AWESOME!!!!!:thumbsup2

Hope you can take that trip to DL!:)

I just got to thinking they might be worth more on Ebay than what you'd get for DL tickets now!

I do alot of ebay but everything on ebay is so random when it comes to the vintage tickets. I swear I see one ticket sell for $150 and then I see the same ticket not sell for $5! At least they look the same, who knows! I am so lost! I dont want to fly out to CA just to find out they dont work and have to buy them.... or do I? :yay: I think I might just dive into this, but I still want to know about these tickets! :confused3

You might be able to "use" the day passports, but IIRC, for the ticket booklets you'd at most be credited with the face value of the booklets towards the purchase price of a new ticket. I agree that even given the wild fluctuations of the eBay market, overall you'd probably get more for them dollar-wise and the credit Disney would give you. Normally, they printed the price + tax on the booklets. What value do those have?

These actually have no value on them. They surprisingly came from a Disney Mouseketeer collection. So I assume they just loaded her up with whatever she wanted. And years later... I have them. :woohoo: Stinks that I could only get face value if anything but there is no face on these! Hmmm... Im in a pickel with these I think.

These actually have no value on them. They surprisingly came from a Disney Mouseketeer collection. So I assume they just loaded her up with whatever she wanted. And years later... I have them. :woohoo: Stinks that I could only get face value if anything but there is no face on these! Hmmm... Im in a pickel with these I think.

Do they appear to be "complementary", "courtesy", or CM tickets? If so, they might not (speculation on my part) be exchangeable. I found this link that mentions such tickets made in the late 70's and how to ID them. On top of that, I don't think 2 & 5 "Adventure" booklets were offered as part of the normal offerings for sale... but I could be wrong. The printing on the front of your booklets appear to my eye to be from about that period. If they are complete booklets and if they are "special" booklets, that might impact the collectable value in your favor.

Facinating! So just one of the ones I have has the code "801" so thats January 1980. Oh by the way on the back it says "Courtesy Guest". What could that mean to me then? hmm

"Courtesy Guest" tickets were given out for free, so I have a hunch that they wouldn't work towards credit for a new ticket since the price they were sold at was $0. Out of curiosity, are the tickets specifically lettered or are they marked as "Good for any A-E attraction" (or such)?

Complete ticket books can be redeemed for (non-upgradable) new modern tickets with equivalent admission (one, two, three days). I would expect that old complimentary tickets without passed expiration dates can also be redeemed for modern (complimentary, non-upgradable) tickets.

Individual A to E ride coupons have residual value roughly in the 25 cents (A) to one dollar (E) range apiece.

Now, complete ticket books bring much more on eBay than partially used books.

The same item could bring more one week than another although I would think there would have to be some difference in condition if the selling price ranged from under $5. to over $150. Recently I did pay over $10. for a very specific theater (ballet) Playbill program where similar ones did not have specifically interested buyers looking that week and therefore did not sell for $5.

Complete ticket books can be redeemed for (non-upgradable) new modern tickets with equivalent admission (one, two, three days).

Individual A to E ride coupons have residual value roughly in the 25 cents to one dollar range apiece.

In this case, I'm thinking that they may have no value (and are not usable) at Disney.

on the back it says "Courtesy Guest".

"Courtesy Guest" tickets were given out for free, so I have a hunch that they wouldn't work towards credit for a new ticket since the price they were sold at was $0.

Well looks like everything is up and down with what we known and how we interpret it. I think I might take a week and go to Disneyland as a pure vacation and drag all my tickets along and just make them wade through them and pull the useable ones. Thanks so much for all your help! :wizard:

The only way you can know for sure is to talk to Disney directly. At the bare minimum, I think the two one-day Passorts are likely still useable. With the old paper unlimited tickets, the CMs at the turnstiles would rubber stamp the ticket with the current date on the "only good on this date" line to "cancel" the ticket. Re-entry was done with a florescent hand-stamp of the "character of the day". Multi-day tickets had separate date stamp fields on them. Since your tickets are un-stamped, they appear to be unused and in all likelihood Guest Services could swap them for two new one-day park tickets.

The ride tickets are where it doesn't look good. It's not clear how Disney would be able to place a value on them for credit towards new tickets. They weren't ever sold by Disney, there's no price posted on them, and they don't even contain individual "A", "B",,, etc. tickets that could be separately valuated by their attraction class. But, I could be all wrong... perhaps there's just a standard value that Disney might be able to place on them based on their being from 1980.

Call them and ask!

Keep in mind that even if the "five adventures" books have a value, you generally can't combine tickets in order to purchase a new ticket. That is ... you wouldn't be able to combine the value of all 44 booklets and trade them in for one or two current ticket media. It's generally a one-to-one trade where tickets are concerned.

Only Disney knows for sure, of course.

:earsboy:

Thank you for your e-mail to the DISNEYLAND® Resort.

If the ticket books are completely intact including the admission ticket
on the front, they are redeemable for admission to DISNEYLAND® Park. If
the admission ticket is not present, the individual tickets can be
redeemed at City Hall inside DISNEYLAND® Park or at Guest Relations
inside DISNEY CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE® Park for the following:

A ticket = $.10
B ticket = $.20
C ticket = $.30
D ticket = $.40
E ticket = $.50
Magic Key Coupon = $.50

If any of the tickets feature stars on them, they are not redeemable.
For every Passport you purchase, you may redeem up to $5.00 in A-E
tickets.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. We hope you will have the
opportunity to visit the DISNEYLAND® Resort soon and trust your visit
will be pleasant in all regards.

Thank you for your e-mail to the DISNEYLAND® Resort.
That's interesting, thanks for posting that. So the maximum per ticket exchange is a whole $5. Wow.

It sounds like your A-to-E ride tickets are "out" due to the stars on them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter