Old Key West floor plan question

AdamsMum

DIS Veteran
I'm considering a trip with my 2 girlfriends - all in our sixties and we like our privacy and sleep is difficult (what can I say :confused3) . I was checking out the floor plans for the 2 bedroom at OKW. It seems like if someone is sleeping in the living room, they have to either enter the master bedroom or the 2nd bedroom to access the washroom. Am I right? Doesn't seem right.

Correct for buildings numbered under 30. When they built the 2nd phase at OKW the added a door from the laundry room to the master bath. So if that is important, request build 30 or higher.

look at time stamp 8:50 to see the door from the laundry.
Couldn't find a 2BR video that shows the bathroom door.

Last edited:

I'm considering a trip with my 2 girlfriends - all in our sixties and we like our privacy and sleep is difficult (what can I say :confused3) . I was checking out the floor plans for the 2 bedroom at OKW. It seems like if someone is sleeping in the living room, they have to either enter the master bedroom or the 2nd bedroom to access the washroom. Am I right? Doesn't seem right.

Another consideration is that one of you will be on a pull out couch, not the newer murphy bed. I´m not sure of all the resorts that have the more comfortable murphy beds, but I would look into it.

Another consideration is that one of you will be on a pull out couch, not the newer murphy bed. I´m not sure of all the resorts that have the more comfortable murphy beds, but I would look into it.
That is a consideration. One of my friends says she doesn't mind the pull out, and she has been to Disney with me before and slept on the pull out. I'm also considering AK Kidani for the 3rd bathroom, I know they would both love AKV. The other option is SSR but I don't know if all the buildings have been updated to include the murphy beds. Riviera is out of my reach points wise. Thanks for your thoughts.

My son found the sleeper chair to be much more comfortable than the sofa bed. With just 3 of you the one in the living room area can pick either the sofa or chair. I would look into AK-K or BLT for that 3rd bathroom. Have a great trip.

Agree with all of the above - if you keep OKW request a room in Bldg 31 or higher.
Sleeper chair is typically more comfortable than the sofa as it doesn't get used as much. My boys fight over who gets the chair when we stay in the 1BR at OKW, BLT, AKL.
SSR will have the Murphy bed in the living room which is even better. Book a preferred room as those have all been refurbished.
BLT and AKL - the extra bathroom is awesome if you want to change to either of those locations.

The SSR refurbishment will be completed by summer. I think as of now the Paddock, Springs and Congress Park are completed. The 2 Carousel buildings are being worked on along with at least 1 in the Grandstand area. While the 3rd bathroom is nice at AKV, the OKW 2 bedroom is huge.

Does the information about the buildings 31+ having a separate entrance into the bathroom from the laundry room, apply to the 1-bedroom villas as well?

Yes, 1 and 2 BR units, dedicated or lock-off in building 30 and up have the door thru the laundry to the master bath.

The later phase of building are better for your needs at OKW. If I recall correctly the one built where the original sale center was should work.

Another option would be to look into a 2 bedroom lock-off and/or a 1 bedroom and a studio and request the rooms to be near each other.

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong but I had this same realization when we went with another couple who happily slept on the sofa at OKW. However I had Hospitality House booked and those building all have the crappy bathroom through the master set up. I was lucky that when I checked in I said please can I have room with bathroom access from the hall(bldgs 30 and higher). So just an FYI to book a regular OKW room NOT hospitality house

I'd stay at Kidani or BLT where you would each have your own bathroom in a 2BR unit. Kidani should be less expensive.

I don't see how OKW could get that newer murphy bed like SSR and RIV. It would have to cover the windows and that would make me very unhappy,

I don't see how OKW could get that newer murphy bed like SSR and RIV. It would have to cover the windows and that would make me very unhappy,
I agree about no space at OKW for the murphy bed. OKW has the advantage of 2 different sleeping surfaces in the living room which is a bonus when traveling with kids, especially older ones.

Good point, I'm not that familiar with OKW. Will keep that in mind.
I also wanted to mention that OKW buildings don’t have elevators so if you feel you’ll need that for any reason you might want to request : building 30 or higher and ground floor. Climbing those stairs at the end of the day can be exhausting. If you have anyone with mobility issues you might want to consider another resort. We love OKW but we found that we wanted a car since those building are far away from the main resort. It doesn’t hold the same love for us since they have shut down the boat to DS either. If I were you I would be trying for the standard rooms at BLT or AKV for the third bathroom and both have elevators!! Just another FYI. Though I think AKV is having some kind of refurb. Soon.maybe pool will be down?? So check into that too! Happy planning!!

That is a consideration. One of my friends says she doesn't mind the pull out, and she has been to Disney with me before and slept on the pull out. I'm also considering AK Kidani for the 3rd bathroom, I know they would both love AKV. The other option is SSR but I don't know if all the buildings have been updated to include the murphy beds. Riviera is out of my reach points wise. Thanks for your thoughts.
I don’t remember where I read it but u can request a mattress topper for pullout couch! I would call OKW directly to see if that’s available there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter