Old Key West or Saratoga Springs?

I like OKW for the larger rooms. Other than that, I would be very happy at either resort. If you can get a room at the Congress Park section of SSR facing DTD, the view is very nice in the evening.

Each resort has its strong points - OKW - larger rooms, very relaxed atmosphere around resort, quiet, easy access to all parks. SSR - I agree with Congress Park as the place to stay - short walk to DTD, quiet pool w/barbacue area and playground, fitness center and spa, and the walk to the Main House from CP seems long but goes quick and its a nice stroll!! Depends what you are looking for. OKW has that southern look and feel where SSR has a more modern, fresh feel!

Hmmmm! For me it would be neither I would opt to stay at BOARDWALK.

Old Key West would be my second Pick

But if you like been spead out over a big area ssr is for you if you have smaller children I would not go to ssr Thing appear to be located in one location pool food ect and the building are spead over a vast area.

But that is my opion

Best of luck

But if you like been spead out over a big area ssr is for you if you have smaller children I would not go to ssr Thing appear to be located in one location pool food ect and the building are spead over a vast area.

SSR has one of the best Dinning options being you can walk to DTD for great food and great nightly enetertainment.
If you like a world class Spa it is also here.
OKW is also very nice and the rooms are larger also easy access to DTD via Boat or Bus.
This year we are staying at OKW for the room size as we are taking family and need a two bedroom with two real beds in the second BR which only OKW has in every 2 bedroom other resorts such as the BW do not even offer this option and BC has very few that are extremly difficult to get.
You will love either resort

OKW simply because I prefer the theming more. It is tropical and relaxed. We love the large rooms, big balconies and fewest points. We love the main pool area, and I love the location. We love the boat to DTD.

Depends. What is more important to you? A bigger dining room table in your room or quicker access to DTD restaurants? Cheaper points or a zero-entry pool?

I myself am not so keen on staying at OKW. I own at SSR so for me OKW is fewer points to be further away from DTD and not have a zero-entry pool I can use.

But both resorts have there merits. I have a feeling Olivia's breakfast offerings suit me better than Artist Pointe's.

It's just since they are in such a similar location and OKW has less of what I like in SSR, I think it would be a case of getting what I paid for (less for less). I'd rather go to BWV, VWL or AKV and get something really different. Or just go to SSR.

Hmmmm! For me it would be neither I would opt to stay at BOARDWALK.

Old Key West would be my second Pick

But that is my opion

Best of luck

Not to split hairs, but you wouldn't stay at SSR because it's spread out, but OKW would be your second pick after Boardwalk?? :confused3 I don't mean to pick, but isn't OKW just as spread out?

Not to split hairs, but you wouldn't stay at SSR because it's spread out, but OKW would be your second pick after Boardwalk?? :confused3 I don't mean to pick, but isn't OKW just as spread out?

I would definitely agree with you on that one. I just don't get OKW fans who put down SSR because "it's too spread out". We have stayed at both. Our room in Congress Park @ SSR was 0.25 miles from the main pool. Our room in Building 39 @ OKW was 0.69 miles from the main pool.

We enjoyed our stays at OKW & SSR.

I would definitely agree with you on that one. I just don't get OKW fans who put down SSR because "it's too spread out". We have stayed at both. Our room in Congress Park @ SSR was 0.25 miles from the main pool. Our room in Building 39 @ OKW was 0.69 miles from the main pool.

It's something in the water over there. Makes the distances seem shorter. Or else it's the influence of the low point count, different room layout.

But yeah, OKW is so large that people frequently recommend using the busses as an inter-resort hopper. But at SSR that is considered pain & suffering because one has to actually wait for a bus. Maybe OKW busses have the telepathic distribution tracking system so they know when you want to hop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter