Old Key West vs. Saratoga Springs???

Can I ask your reasoning for this, both resorts are huge but neither resort is near eating and/or hospitality areas, they both require either a car, a walk or a bus drive to those areas, so what's the distinction for you.
The choice was between the 2, IMO there is a considerable difference between them as for getting around and to/from various options though both do present challenges as well. One can make requests that cause SSR to be much better than OKW from this standpoint but some sections aren't that much better. But even Carousel is far easier to get to DS than from anywhere at OKW plus it's easier to get to a closer spot to walk at SSR due to the bus routing. To World of Disney you're talking maybe 1.2 miles max from Carousel and about 1.4 miles from the closest building at OKW. Plus the way is lighted for SSR and not for OKW. Obviously there are buses and the boats as well.

The choice was between the 2, IMO there is a considerable difference between them as for getting around and to/from various options though both do present challenges as well. .

As far as getting around, I see them as pretty comparable but to each his own! Thank you

I assume kids? If so, then either resort is great. If no kids, I'd skip OKW only because Oliva's acoustics are horrid. Enter the families and it becomes so LOUD that I have aspirin for desert. I know I know...everyone loves Oliva's, but without apology, I just don't. So if it's adults, SSR is the best bet.

OKW is my personal favorite. Love the décor, larger rooms, parking in front of building, etc. The landscaping and tropical feel of the resort is what I like best. SSR has the appearance of a huge condo complex that could be anywhere. Only positive is the proximity to DS.

I assume kids? If no kids, I'd skip OKW only because Oliva's acoustics are horrid. Enter the families and it becomes so LOUD that I have aspirin for desert. I know I know...everyone loves Olivia's
I love OKW, i enjoy Olivia's more for lunch, awesome burger but I still go and eat at the Turf Club, better ambiance and better food! And it's less noisy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter