Old Magicband tip (untested)

Stefien Quix

Mouseketeer
So my family and I are planning a trip out to Disney early next year and I was curious if our old Magicbands still worked. I know the party line is that there's "no way to know if they still work!" but on a hunch I turned on the NFC scanner on my phone and pressed my Magicband up against it and it detected it! I haven't tested the theory, but I'm pretty sure that means the Magicband is still good to go!

If this isn't already a known tip, I'll update after our trip with the results!

The magic bands last a really long time, and yes exactly what was just said above me.. they wont work long range for ride photos.
I bought my youngest son a new one (mb+l and it took pictures of the whole car.. the rest of us used our 2 year old mb

Magic bands perform two different functions, one requires the battery to be working and the other doesn't. The sealed case doesn't allow you to change a dead battery. Several recent threads go into that topic in more detail.

Last edited:
Magic bands perform two different functions, one requires the battery to be working and the other doesn't. The sealed case doesn't allow you to change a dead battery.
What functions require the battery then? Because as it stands, the only ones that have been brought up are Photopass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter