• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Old rides

I agree that the original Future World would be nice to have back. Update it, modernize it or do whatever but don't lose the spirit of what Epcot Center was. I think that the current park is just a shadow of its former self.

@ MK- 20,000 Leagues and the Skyway (I think that's what it was called) that went from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland

@ Epcot- Horizons, World of Motion, and the original journey into Imagination (I loved Food Rocks!!!)

@ Hollywood Studies - first the NAME!! ;) (it will always be MGM Studios to me) and the original backlot tour and animation tour when it was actually a working studio and you saw a working soundstage, actual movie props, and the animators working on the 'next' disney film. sigh.... :sad1:

@ AK - Tarzan Rocks show!! Tarzan was one buff dude!! ;)

@DTD Pleasure Island...:sad2:

That was my DS and my all time favorite! He actually downloaded the song as a ring tone!! Loves Horizons! Cranium Command was a HOOT ("Blink, blink, breathe, breathe, never a thank you, never a well done!")

Definitely the old Imagination with Dreamfinder, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, and Backlot "Golden Girls". Honestly, I think I miss all the old rides but those would be my top three.

@ Epcot- Horizons, World of Motion, and the original journey into Imagination (I loved Food Rocks!!!)

--bolding is mine

Fellow "Food Rocks" fan here!! I was so sad when they got rid of it!
Also, I loved the original Living Seas, that short film in the beginning -- loved it!! :)

Seems like they could build a NEW theme park with the old rides we all miss.:)
Maybe they should?????

Seems like they could build a NEW theme park with the old rides we all miss.:)
Maybe they should?????

hahaha, nice idea!

I'd say Alien encounter, Mr Toad, and 20,000 leagues. These are all attractions that I liked much more than what is currently in their locations (stich, pooh, and a playground/meet and greet).

Horizons and World of Motion have a lot of votes, which I expected. But, to be honest, while I miss those rides and did enjoy them while they were there, Epcot is now my favorite park because of Test Track, Mission Space (not to mention Soarin and all the rest). I'll always be fond of the old EPCOT rides for nostalgic reasons, but I truely love the EPCOT we have today.

I would love to have the original Imagination that actually had Figment and Dreamfinder. I can still hear the song in my head!!!!!

20,000 Leagues is right at the top of my list too.

You said it all, brownie_17!!!:thumbsup2

I miss Mr Toad and 20,000 Leauges under the Sea. We have been going to WDW since I was a little kid and those rides were part of my childhood.

OH!! I just thought of something else I missed on my original list....

The Hunchback of Notre Dame show at MGM. That show was AMAZING!!! :goodvibes

Horizons - loved this sooooooooooooooo much.

Food Rocks - it, well, rocked!

Captain EO - but it's now back - yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter