• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Old Subject - Car rentals

Gigashadow

<font color=blue>Pontoon Pirate of Bay Lake and Th
We had "ressies" at Avis for our Christmas trip for @ $300.00 with a union discount ( the best we could get with any combo of discounts) Today when we made cash ressies for CSR, the best we could find online with our discounts was @ $280.00. Well, we are also part of The Disney Club, so after finding good prices for air/car we called TDC to make CSR ressies and asked what they could do for our stay with National - They got us a price for @ $225.00. Then we called DVC for our stay during Christmas and asked them what they could do for us - They got us @ $270.00. Both are for Intermediate cars.

It seems that the car rentals at Orlando Airport are a LOT higher from all the rentals we have done there - It has to be attributable to the economy/Sept. 11 events. We have friends and family in FLA and a car is a must for us during our stays. So, I just figured I would say like I did before, always look for any/every discount you may possibly be entitled to - every nickle and dime is more spending money on vacation.

8')

Since your trip is not until December, check the prices again in the later summer/early fall. That's when the car rental rates go down. I always book my December & May trips then. I got $114 for National, 1 week, full size, Emerald Aisle, Disney Club discount, Disney Club one free day coupon for last December. My upcoming May reservation is $137, same conditions. They go down then and start climbing again around the holidays, they really go up this time of year.

Car rental rates are tied to the time of year you travel. Christmas is a big holiday and the rates are relative to supply and demand, it really has nothing to do wtih 9/11 or the economy.
As the previous poster pointed out, the rates will probably drop late summer early fall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter