Old Town???

DebraK

Earning My Ears
Hi,
We are planning a WDW vacation.We have decided on accomodations within a
short walk from Old Town? Is this a shopping area?Or just amusements? Is this a plus or minus being located by Old Town? Thanks alot, Debbie-Indiana

In my opinion Old Town is great:D

Old Town is both a shopping complex as well as a mini amusement-type park. There's also a couple of places to go to get some good food there. Sometimes traffic in the area(on U.S. 192) can be kind of hectic. To me the best time to go is on a Sat night( weather permitting), that's when they present The Sat. Night Cruise featuring live entertainment, a classic car show featuring vehicles for 1972 and on back to some of the earliest forms of motor vehicles, and of course the Cruise itself through the streets of Old Town. They also have a Fri. Night Cruise featuring vehicles from 1973-1987.

Here's a link to their website if you haven't already visited it. http://www.old-town.com

All in all old town is a pretty fun expierience for people of all ages, cultures, as well as a mix of both locals and tourists.

Hope you and your family have a great time and alot of fun while down here in Florida.

I really found Old Town to be a waste of time. I went on our last day w/ my DD. I had a coupon good for a coupon booklet and two free rides on the ferris wheel. Of course the ferris wheel was broken. (Coupons were pretty worthless.) I felt as if the stores were a bit junky, with typical tourist merchandise. Maybe if I went on Sat. night as the previous poster mentioned, it would have been more fun.
However, I will not go back-waste of time!

Old Town is somewhat tourist-trappy...Go if you have some time to kill, but I wouldn't make it a priority stop for any reason...Unless you feel like riding the SkyCoaster--that's the big white tower--the idea here is to strap into some ropes, and plummet, more or less, from about 200 feet up...Fun for some, I guess, but I AIN'T GOIN' UP THERE!

If you have some extra time some evening, go. It's interesting. I go just for the fun of it. I always find something interesting there. But I wouldn't sacrifice any disney time for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter