Old TV Commercials

I don't have time to watch the full 46 minutes right now, but it looks like a fun video! I‘ll come back to it another time.

I watched a bit, and I do like the Hershey kiss Jingle Bells one, but this is my favorite of the old Christmas commercials:

I love old commercials. A few months ago I bought some crackers that tasted like Keebler Munch'ems. I tried to explain them to the kids. Well we ended up watching a hours worth of Keebler commercials. Ah good memories!!!!

I love old commercials. A few months ago I bought some crackers that tasted like Keebler Munch'ems. I tried to explain them to the kids. Well we ended up watching a hours worth of Keebler commercials. Ah good memories!!!!

This happened to us and we watched the old drive-in theater concession stand reels. Funny thing is I don't remember what got us talking about it!

No idea how these ads convinced anyone to buy anything.

Actually, I think that about most TV commercials.......LOL. I have NO idea what the marketing department is thinking for many of these. They start to believe their own messages about the product. Clearly, some commercials are intended to build their 'brand', but how you ever measure if that was successful, I have no idea.

To me the most annoying commercials are the ones where you never see the product and they just post some website url you are supposed to go to and figure out what they are advertising.............ummmm no thanks. I'm guessing that 90% of the TV commercials now being shown are either for prescription drugs or asking you to join some lawsuit.

You can also find a lot of the old/classic Super Bowl commercials online and they are fun to watch as well.

For some reason my high school BFF and I decided to memorize a Jet Dry commercial, it must have been the late 80s, and we both still know it 😂 God we were boring...

Every Christmas....

Several major companies: "Another year of spending big on new holiday advertising!"

Hershey's:

And finally, Roberto Alomar is a Baseball Hall of Famer, but he's never going to win any acting awards:

I don't know why, but I think of this old classical commercial often. It makes me think of being in the basement watching movies on WPIX while it snowed and sleeted outside.

One day last week, completely out of the blue, my 5-year-old said he liked something, so I said, "He likes it! Hey Mikey!" My son gave me such a confused look that I had to show him the Life cereal commercial ;)

(Even though it's not a commercial, we've also introduced him to Bob Ross and the Joy of Painting because we keep talking about "happy little trees" :) )

Or when TV show Opens had the sponsor in them, and the star using the product. "Father Knows Best" with father taking a drag off a Kent cigarette.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter