• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Older child order off kids menu?

jayhjay

DIS Veteran
I have 12 and 15 yo who are pretty picky eaters. They mostly order off the kids menus at home (my younger one b/c she doesn't like most "adult" menu food and my old for that and b/c she has a very small appetite).

I assume for CS, getting them kids meals will be no problem. But for TS, will we have an issue ordering for them off the kids menu? My older daughter is VERY small and often is assumed to be younger than her sister. We order for both of them all the time at home off the kids menus with no problem (no one has ever asked us anywhere for her age), but I wasn't sure about Disney.

I am assuming for buffets with adult/kids pricing we will have to pay adult prices for them, but should it be an issue anywhere else?

My girls are 18 & 20 and still order from the kids menu at Disney if they choose to. We've never had an issue. Youngest always plans on the kids burger at Sci Fi, she loves their tomato soup. :D Often she and I will also share meals at TS as an option. Only place I've heard may give you issues is the places in Italy at World Showcase.

My girls are 18 & 20 and still order from the kids menu at Disney if they choose to. We've never had an issue. Youngest always plans on the kids burger at Sci Fi, she loves their tomato soup. :D Often she and I will also share meals at TS as an option. Only place I've heard may give you issues is the places in Italy at World Showcase.

Oh that is good to know, thanks! I assume at 12 and 15 both are considered dining "adults" when we go to Garden Grove?

My kids were 12 and 14 on our last trip this past summer and ordered off the kids menu a couple of times (San Angel Inn was one). I was 40 and ordered off the kids menu at Sci-Fi.

if you are paying OOP then you shouldn't have a problem at most places (also if you plan on sharing). The DP might be another issue but I don't use so don't know for sure.

All buffets you will have to pay adult prices no matter what. Garden Grove i believe has a regular menu and a buffet for breakfast (not sure about dinner), if they order off regular menu they should be able to get a kids meal, but if they choose buffet they will have to pay adult $$

At most table service restaurants where you order from a menu they will be able to order from the kids' menu, but once in a while someone will post that a server or restaurant, usually a third party owned venue, adhered to the "Ages 3-9" on the kids' menu.

Because your children are 12 and 15, they will be charged the adult price at buffets (e.g Crystal Palace, Tusker House), all you care to eat family style places (e.g. 'Ohana, Garden Grill), the 3 dinner shows (Hoop De Doo, Spirit of Aloha Luau, Mickey's Backyard Barbecue), fixed price meals (e.g. CRT, Akershus), special events (e.g. Dessert Parties, Dine with an Imagineer), Fantasmic and Candlelight Processional Dinner Packages, and the Family Platter at Whispering Canyon Cafe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter