Olivia Newton-John

RIP Olivia--she provided many hours of music and entertainment for me. I even had my hair cut short like hers when I was 17. I loved the movie Xanadu, I loved Grease and I loved her album Physical. So very sorry to hear that she has passed.

I remember dressing up like her in workout gear and dancing to "Physical" and I watched Grease so many times I lost count. RIP Olivia.

She is one of those celebrities everyone liked, right up there with Betty White and Dolly Parton.

So sad to hear this. :sad1:

That's such sad news. Getting out my greatest hits CD now to reminisce. What a beautiful voice, and beautiful person. I still have my Grease albums, scratched all up, played it almost more than any other record ever. Loved her songs from the 70s and 80s.

She is one of those celebrities everyone liked, right up there with Betty White and Dolly Parton.

So sad to hear this. :sad1:

Just clarifying as that sentence may be misinterpreted: Dolly Parton is still living. And still doing sainthood level stuff. Tomorrow in Ohio, the governor has declared it will be Dolly Parton day as they celebrate the continuation of her Imagination Library program, giving out free books to kids all across the U.S..

Just clarifying as that sentence may be misinterpreted: Dolly Parton is still living. And still doing sainthood level stuff. Tomorrow in Ohio, the governor has declared it will be Dolly Parton day as they celebrate the continuation of her Imagination Library program, giving out free books to kids all across the U.S..

Sorry for the confusion. Yes, Dolly is alive. I just meant it as ONJ is an icon that everyone adores.

There are very few celebrities with that status.

This made me incredibly sad. When she was in remission for so long, it appeared she had beaten the disease, but when it came back and in a different spot (never a good sign) I was concerned that she wouldn’t be able to beat it again. She was such a gracious person, so concerned about everyone else who was fighting the same battle. Olivia was the type of person you see very rarely in the entertainment industry, very genuine and sweet, with a kind word and a loving heart. She will be missed, especially by those of us who grew up in the late 70’s through the 80’s. :littleangel:

Very sad news. I’ve been a fan of hers since the early 70’s. Beautiful voice and a special person. RIP Dame Olivia.

Gorgeous beyond words.

And just as gorgeous inside.

Amazing courage.

Will be missed.

1660009832441.png

This hit me really hard! My siblings and I used to play the record Grease when we were kids and act it out. I used to be Sandy for Halloween. ONJ was a class act and such a fighter. She will be missed.

Oh NO!! Not another one. So many seem to be passing lately.
I so enjoyed her in Grease. I was in high school then. It really was a fun movie. I admit to still enjoying it.
RIP Olivia

I was devastated yesterday when I saw this. She was my idol as a kid, I worshipped her. I just dug out 12 vinyl albums out of my basement, of course I don't have a turntable hooked up, but I just wanted to see them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter