• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

olympus stylus 800

SAXMAN88

Earning My Ears
any thoughts on this camera? it is an 8mp with a 2.5 inch screen. my wife has always had great luck with her olympus 35 mm so should i feel more comfortable buying an olympus digital?

please help!!

SAXMAN88 said:
any thoughts on this camera? it is an 8mp with a 2.5 inch screen. my wife has always had great luck with her olympus 35 mm so should i feel more comfortable buying an olympus digital?

please help!!

I am seriously considering this camera. I have read some excellent reviews, (I can't remember the site) from a "reviewer" and then some excellent "real life" reviews on Epinions. What attracts me is the weatherproof nature of it. I have hesitated taking my Kodak Easyshare out when I know its going to rain, around the pool or on the ocean. From the sounds of the reviews I have read, a lot of folks were very happy with their Stylus 600 and the improvements in the 800 are very apparent. One draw back for me is the lack of the view finder but the LCD is so large and clear that its a small draw back. Also, they said that the speed was very good and it has some manual adjustments if you are so inclined to adjust the ISO yourself.

I would go for it. I ahve Olympus brand cameras and love them. here is a review for the camera.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympusstylus800/

They just did a review on the camera that I'm purchasing. I love the site, they are so truthful about the cameras.

I think you'll enjoy the way Olympus took digital. A lot of people have told me that they wish Olympus made SLR's with more MP's cus their lenses and quality is better than most.

Looking closer at it on the Olympus website, the buttons look off. You may end up hitting them when you don't want to, I would go and hold the camera in hand for a while before making that decision just to see how it feels. You don't want to be hitting the buttons at the wrong time.

Just remember, you can buy more batteries on Ebay for about $1 each. You'll need them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter