OMG! I can't believe that happened at DISNEY!

While our plane was taxing down the runway at the Detroit airport, my DD suddenly yells out "BOMBS away!!!!!" :eek: (I think it was from a movie) I swear the whole cabin turned to look at us and I just slid to the floor in embarassment.

Not a good word to use on a plane these days!

My DS (3) always says as we are beginning our descent, "We're going down!"

On our first trip to the world with our twins, we were in the midst of finalizing potty training. We were touring Mickey's house one evening and I was running ahead to catch up with my daughter. My wife and MIL had my son and he was taking him time looking at the garden. Next thing I knew, my MIL had walked passed me heading out of the backyard. I turned around to see a "full moon" near Mickey's pumpkins. My son has proceeded to pull his pants down and was going to pee. My wife quickly yanked his pants up and ran towards Pete's Garage for the restroom. After that trip, she told me I was no longer allowed to use the restroom outside (we live in the country) until he was old enough to know better about when and where to do it. Needless to say, he has not had a problem adjusting to being a cub scout and having to use the bathroom outside during campouts. However, the memory of his white tush in Mickey's Garden is priceless.

We too live literally, in the middle-of-nowhere, and our boys are always told to "pick a tree" when we're outside. I can't believe you didn't get a picture of the white "pumpkin" mixed in with the orange ones!

While our plane was taxing down the runway at the Detroit airport, my DD suddenly yells out "BOMBS away!!!!!" :eek: (I think it was from a movie) I swear the whole cabin turned to look at us and I just slid to the floor in embarassment.

Not a good word to use on a plane these days!

Priceless! DH and I would have turned your way and smiled! :lmao:

Last year, while walking though EPCOT, my family decided to try our hand at the hopscotch that was chalked in England. All was fine until DH had his turn. He came down wrong. I ran into the pub to get ice and then helped him hop down the HUGE hill to the IG, where I was told there was a First Aid center. Come to find out, it's not there. They gave us a wheelchair & I had to wheel him back up the HUGE hill (I've never pushed a wheelchair before. It is not easy!). We got to First Aid and I called my in-laws (who had just finished the Behind the Seeds tour) to come get DD9. Then, DH and I were sent on the Urgent Care. Turns out, he managed to break his foot playing hopscotch! to say, the trip was not near as magical as usual. We really didn't even go out much after that b/c he was in pain and it wasn't worth the effort.

To top it off, in-laws are very demanding, so the trip already wasn't much fun to begin with.

My DH and I have enjoyed several New Years Eve's in the parks and before DD was born enjoyed a nice dinner in Epcot, a few drinks and would stay for the fireworks. We would stay at Beach Club so part of the enjoyment of the night was the leisurely stroll back to the room. We turned off the main path through the gate onto the Beach Club grounds when I heard stiffled grumbles and some rustling! I nearly had a "blowout"!! Turns out a 20-something guy exceeded his limit and passed out in the hedges. Totally caught me off guard and we still laugh about it today when we walk past the spot where he spent the night!

when i went on T of T in HS as a teen there was a nanny with a group of children. they were laughing as they got off and she was upset. they dragged her on the ride and she was so scared she had wet herself, poor woman!

a not gross one. i was coming out of the land pavilion on my last trip and some kids in front of us had been running/horsing around and one had run right into the handrail and fallen back onto his head. he was laying there on the pavement and a CM comes running over and others follow suit. his mom is like oh dont mind him, honey get up and knock it off, hes fine, i said get up and stop acting like a baby! seriously the poor kid could have had a head injury or broken bone and his mom could care less.

another neglectfull parent moment was we were walking down mainstreet, and a kid in one of those low rental strollers wasnt strapped in, leaned over and fell out head first onto the pavement. the one parent keeps pushing it with the other child still in the other goes back and picks up the kid practically upside down and literally throws the kid with force into the stroller without batting an eyelash as the child screamed murder. it was not a magical moment for that child.

those poor children were like disney roadkill.

Oh, how could I forget the Squirrel incident of 2005! We were in a 2 bedroom at OKW and returned back to our room from a night of shopping at DTD. MIL went into her bedroom and started screaming. The squirrel came flying out of her room and was running around the villa. I am deathly afraid of rodents so DN and I are on the back of the couch screaming as DH and FIL are trying to shoo the squirrel outside. Eventually the squirrel ran under the dishwasher and crawled around in the walls all night. Disney Pest Control came out and plugged up the hole and then took care of him the next morning. I don't really want to know what they did, but no more squirrel the next day. We thought it was a mouse/rat until Pest Control told us it was a squirrel. We are used to bushy grey squirrels around here but they look a lot different in florida! I still feel badly for all the screaming at 11 pm that night, LOL. Poor neighbors!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Reminds me of the movie Christmas Vacation!

When my sister and I were younger were were stuck in the hotel during a storm. of course we were bored stupid and were horsing around. No sooner did my mom tell us to stop before someone got hurt, I jumped off the bed, and we all heard a loud crack. My foot had gotten tangled in the spread and I broke it!

I ended up in a cast, my mom ended up using every available dollar she had because the hospital wouldn't accept our insurance, I was in a wheelchair for the rest of the week and we had taken the train from Boston, so a 27 hour trip without being able to move....

That was definitely the worst trip I've ever had.

Just this past summer, I went with my two kids without my husband (I did have other family members however thank goodness).

Kids were fooling around with cousins opening/shutting doors in the room..worried about fingers getting caught..I "stormed" over to put an end to it..in my haste, caught my baby toe on the foot of the sleeper chair and crack/pop looked down to see it pointed in the wrong direction..OUCH

Had to go to FL clinic to have it reset and taped..rode around one of those motorized scooters with my 2 year old in my lap cause I couldn't push a stroller.

Definitely a trip to remember.

We were in Epcot when DS started to complain that his stomach hurt. We figured he was whiny fromthe heat. We had dinner and were walking bay to the Boardwalk. He said he was thirsty so we got him a Vitamin Water. He took a couple of sips then proceeded to puke all over the boardwalk. He blames it on the vitamin water and still won't drink the stuff.:rolleyes1

Easter week, Cosmic Rays 6 pm dinner rush. Beyond busy, just plain old super packed. I've paid and I am waiting for my food at the counter next to a Very angry british man. Apparently his wife ordered a veggie burger and they have been waiting for it for 15 mins. This is apparently too long for him because he jumps the counter and begins choking the poor manager CM behind the counter!! Soda spilling everywhere, several CMs had to pull him off the CM he was attacking, it was crazy!

Just this past summer, I went with my two kids without my husband (I did have other family members however thank goodness).

Kids were fooling around with cousins opening/shutting doors in the room..worried about fingers getting caught..I "stormed" over to put an end to it..in my haste, caught my baby toe on the foot of the sleeper chair and crack/pop looked down to see it pointed in the wrong direction..OUCH

Had to go to FL clinic to have it reset and taped..rode around one of those motorized scooters with my 2 year old in my lap cause I couldn't push a stroller.

Definitely a trip to remember.

OK you just gave me a flash back...Wasn't a Disney Flash back either. Almost 2 years ago I did same thing to my baby toe but it wasn't on a sleeper chair...my dog tripped me and I got it caught in the laundry basket. Not fun at all. I spent almost 6 months in a silly black boot thing while it all healed.

OK you just gave me a flash back...Wasn't a Disney Flash back either. Almost 2 years ago I did same thing to my baby toe but it wasn't on a sleeper chair...my dog tripped me and I got it caught in the laundry basket. Not fun at all. I spent almost 6 months in a silly black boot thing while it all healed.

Sorry for the flashblack. :rotfl: Never really gave my baby toe much thought before that.

Oh, how could I forget the Squirrel incident of 2005! We were in a 2 bedroom at OKW and returned back to our room from a night of shopping at DTD. MIL went into her bedroom and started screaming. The squirrel came flying out of her room and was running around the villa. I am deathly afraid of rodents so DN and I are on the back of the couch screaming as DH and FIL are trying to shoo the squirrel outside. Eventually the squirrel ran under the dishwasher and crawled around in the walls all night. Disney Pest Control came out and plugged up the hole and then took care of him the next morning. I don't really want to know what they did, but no more squirrel the next day. We thought it was a mouse/rat until Pest Control told us it was a squirrel. We are used to bushy grey squirrels around here but they look a lot different in florida! I still feel badly for all the screaming at 11 pm that night, LOL. Poor neighbors!

Florida "squirrels" are pretty much the same as other squirrels.

Doesn't "The squirrel you saw in your villa was removed" sound better than, "We took care of that rat in your room, ma'am"?
;)

Our only Disney trip was several years ago. We were there with my parents and my sister's family. I had been very ill and had just had a PICC line removed days before the trip. My energy level was zero and I wasn't in very good shape.

We had reservations for Crystal Palace at breakfast but it was very busy. We arrived on time but still had to wait nearly twenty mintues before being seated. Because of the crowd we were standing outside. My children were sitting on a bench and I was standing next to the bench. My parents were standing at the other end of the bench.

Someone was using a motorized scooter who was totally clueless on how to use it. This woman backed up, backed up and continued backing up...right at me. It was one of those moments where you can't believe what is happening. She just kept backing up straight at me. I was sure she would stop but she didn't. I ended up having to jump up onto the bench to get out of her way. She backed up into the bench, just missing my daughter and nearly knocking me off.

Considering I'd almost died in the months prior to the trip, my family was horrified. I was just so angry. Not even an apology. The woman didn't even acknowledge that she'd just nearly injured a child and a very ill woman.

Fortunately it was the only real non-magical moment of the trip.

Florida "squirrels" are pretty much the same as other squirrels.

Sorry, have to disagree here. I live in Western Pennsylvania and my parents live in Florida. Florida squirrels are like field mice compared to our squirrels. We have Brown Squirrels that no lie are the size of some cats here. Same goes with our deer. They are way bigger than the deer in Florida.

Back on topic...Our 5 yo DD puked all over the ground outside the exit for Imagination in Epcot. Probably less than 10 people around and was impossible to miss, but I had to practically tackle a woman to keep here from walking through it. Was amazing how responsive the CM's were though to getting it cleaned up. Was no big deal for them.

Sorry, have to disagree here. I live in Western Pennsylvania and my parents live in Florida. Florida squirrels are like field mice compared to our squirrels. We have Brown Squirrels that no lie are the size of some cats here. Same goes with our deer. They are way bigger than the deer in Florida.

Yeah, I am positive it was a squirrel. I think it was one of those reddish brown ones that don't really have much of a tail. I am used to giant grey squirrels around here (haha, and yes some are about the size of my cats, :lmao:). I would not have stayed in the room if it was a RAT :scared1:. The poor thing was running around in the room for a good 15 minutes so I got plenty of looks at it. We had a mouse in our house once at home and I stayed with my parents for 3 days til it was caught. I can do bugs, snakes, etc but mice/rats freak me out.

I also learned from the experience that it happens a lot in Disney at the Campground in the cabins. Good enough reason for me to never stay there! He said it was unusual for the other resorts, but that they come in through the vents on the roof (we were in a 3 floor unit) if the caps break/blow off. I would love to try one of the Tree Houses, but if it happens in the cabins it probably happens there a lot too. Eek! Several years later I had a very large grey squirrel at Sea World rub against my legs like a cat begging for food (we were eating lunch outside at the brewery place). There was a lot of screaming then too :lmao: I am a magnet for squirrels!

DD7 & I were at the airport (MCO) going home from our last trip in Sept. going through the security checkpoint. An older man was going through the metal detector next to us and it kept beeping, so he kept going back, taking off his belt, emptying pockets etc. I guess he had enough because he yells about how this is dumb and proceeds to DROP HIS SHORTS...and walk through in his tighty whitys undies. The security immediately took him to the side, but there were lots of little kids around whose moms and dads were covering their eyes.

Tell you DD she isn't alone. We got stuck last year on It's a Small World and my DD had to pee also. My DH picks her up to help her out of the boat and make a mad dash for the bathroom and she peed all over the seat, herself and him.

It was the Great Movie Ride for DD last year--but she didn't make it to the potty. Mommy and almost 3 year old were COVERED in pee.

DD still HATES the panties we had to buy that day. She gets snippy every time I get them out.

Sorry for the flashblack. :rotfl: Never really gave my baby toe much thought before that.

It's ok...my husband tells me all the time to let it go but I will never ever forget that darn day. Poor DD had croup and I was up all night long with her...went to the bathroom and was going back out of my room to check on her. DH's dog decided not to sleep in her bed and slept in the walkway instead well she jumped and tried to get out of my way but pushed me into the laundry basket and my toe got caught. Then she tried to move again and that was when I felt the pop and fell. As I looked up I noticed my toe was pointing out and said "that has got to hurt" (felt no pain at that moment but as soon as I popped it back in it hurt like heck.)

Called DH since he was working nights to tell him that he needed to hurry home so I could go to ER. Got the boys off to school and then as soon as he walked in the house I went to ER. Had to relive the whole story several times and pull off my sneaker which of course made my foot swell and I couldn't get my shoe back on. LOL Oh and I had to hop to the nurses station where I was yelled at for walking around with no shoe on and asked what I wanted. And that is when I found out they lost my chart. Yup it was a fun day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter