OMG - I forgot to make park reservations and sold out!!

mdurette

DIS Veteran
UPDATE: I have it all worked out!

I need some advice, I had been so preoccupied planning a WDW and DCL trip that I completely forgot to make DL park reservations! I know better!!!!
It is for next week - Monday thru Friday (3/14-3/19). All sold out.

We are flying cross country for this, is there any hope if I keep checking for a cancellation or should I just scrap the entire trip?

Last edited:
Ugh. Spring break looks like it has eaten up all the hotel reservations. I did a cursory check but you could maybe look further and check multiple sources and see if you can find any of the on site hotels for your dates.

Thanks DizMe - Not really in the budget for on-site hotel anyway. But, I did notice via the link you sent that there is passholder availablity. Maybe an upgrade of my 5 day ticket to a passholder?? Looks like about $600 for the 3 of us, but that may salvage the trip.

Last edited:
Thanks DizMe - Not really in the budget for on-site hotel anyway. But, I did notice via the link you sent that there is passholder availablity. Maybe an upgrade of my 5 day ticket to a passholder?? Looks like about $600 for the 3 of us, but that may salvage the trip.
If you decide to do that, don't dawdle. You'll need to call (can't upgrade an unused parkhopper online), and both Sunday and Friday are close to selling out (and might be by the time you make the call).

Assuming you're talking about an Enchant key - reminder that it only includes four reservations, so you'll have to gamble on which day to leave open.

But the odds seem more in your favor to do that than to hope for parkhopper availability. (Not out of the question that parkhopper availability could happen, but I would be surprised at this point.)

If you decide to do that, don't dawdle. You'll need to call (can't upgrade an unused parkhopper online), and both Sunday and Friday are close to selling out (and might be by the time you make the call).

Assuming you're talking about an Enchant key - reminder that it only includes four reservations, so you'll have to gamble on which day to leave open.

But the odds seem more in your favor to do that than to hope for parkhopper availability. (Not out of the question that parkhopper availability could happen, but I would be surprised at this point.)

Yes, enchanted key, appears to be the only option left. I'm on hold with DL now checking about this option...... Looks like price difference is $260 a person.
I saw only 4 days. But, 4 out of 5 is better than none!

Yes, enchanted key, appears to be the only option left. I'm on hold with DL now checking about this option...... Looks like price difference is $260 a person.
I saw only 4 days. But, 4 out of 5 is better than none!
As long as the dates you need aren’t blocked out for the Enchant Key (a few dates this month are blocked out), you have a decent chance of picking up reservations for a sold out day the night before (when people cancel to avoid getting dinged for a no show).

Not to be a Debbie downer but I would probably reschedule if you can’t upgrade to a pass.

Even if you manage to get lucky and catch a reservation for every day you are there you are going to be so nervous the entire trip that it wouldn’t be fun. Pretty expensive trip to be nervous the whole time and distract you.

There’s availability at the Paradise Pier Hotel the night if 3/14-3/15 for $360+tax. Not sure if booking one night will allow you to reserve your park days for the entire week, but you could give it a try, then cancel the night if it doesn’t work.

There’s availability at the Paradise Pier Hotel the night if 3/14-3/15 for $360+tax. Not sure if booking one night will allow you to reserve your park days for the entire week, but you could give it a try, then cancel the night if it doesn’t work.

worth checking out! I only looked for the entire stay, didn't think of a split stay.....

I am so sorry to hear all of this - what a tough spot to be in!!

I do want to tag onto this thread….we have 5-day hopper passes. If we want to upgrade to an annual pass can we do it anytime during those five days or only on day one?

I am so sorry to hear that!!

I do want to tag onto this thread….we have 5-day hopper passes. If we want to upgrade to an annual pass can we do it anytime during those five days or only on day one?
My understanding is you can do it at any time but you could potentially lose your reservations so the prevailing strategy is to upgrade at the end of the trip. After you’ve entered the park for the last time.*

*We upgraded our tickets and were able to scan in after the fact just fine so not sure why this is an issue, but Disney IT will Disney IT.

My understanding is you can do it at any time but you could potentially lose your reservations so the prevailing strategy is to upgrade at the end of the trip. After you’ve entered the park for the last time.*

I thought you couldn't upgrade after you used your ticket for the last time. I thought it had to be done when there was at least one more day on your ticket. Has this changed?

I thought you couldn't upgrade after you used your ticket for the last time. I thought it had to be done when there was at least one more day on your ticket. Has this changed?

You can upgrade after you’ve scanned in for the last time, as long as you do so before midnight. You should do so after you enter the parks for the last time and before the ticket booths close, just in case you run into tech difficulties on the app. You’ve always been able to do this.

Another possibility is not going to Disney this time and going to Knott’s Berry Farm, Universal Studios Hollywood or SeaWorld, or a combination of these, instead. Sounds like you have purchased Disneyland tickets already so this depends on if you can get back to DL before they expire.
If you don’t have tickets you could maybe combine one of these with a nice beach or coastal trip, depending on availability of accommodation of course, to salvage something from the trip.
I also encourage anyone in this position to contact Disney to express your displeasure (if any 🤣🤣) of the reservation system. If you choose to go elsewhere, make sure they know that as well.

Another possibility is not going to Disney this time and going to Knott’s Berry Farm, Universal Studios Hollywood or SeaWorld, or a combination of these, instead. Sounds like you have purchased Disneyland tickets already so this depends on if you can get back to DL before they expire.
If you don’t have tickets you could maybe combine one of these with a nice beach or coastal trip, depending on availability of accommodation of course, to salvage something from the trip.
I also encourage anyone in this position to contact Disney to express your displeasure (if any 🤣🤣) of the reservation system. If you choose to go elsewhere, make sure they know that as well.

Yep - that is one option I'm considering. I I can't find at least 3 days for park reservations by mid this week, I will need to regroup.
options:
1. Go to Anaheim anyway and keep checking - not a fan of this plan
2. Go San Diego area instead. And then go on the Disney Cruise we have planned for the following week.
3. Skip the first week and just go on the cruise.
4. Scarp the entire CA idea, save park tickets for another time and take cruise out of FL instead. This seems to be the way all are leaning to at the moment.

My kid is so disappointed. I'm really kicking myself, after all the disappointments these kids have had in the last 2 years, I'm the cause this time around. I feel terrible.

Yep - that is one option I'm considering. I I can't find at least 3 days for park reservations by mid this week, I will need to regroup.
options:
1. Go to Anaheim anyway and keep checking - not a fan of this plan
2. Go San Diego area instead. And then go on the Disney Cruise we have planned for the following week.
3. Skip the first week and just go on the cruise.
4. Scarp the entire CA idea, save park tickets for another time and take cruise out of FL instead. This seems to be the way all are leaning to at the moment.

My kid is so disappointed. I'm really kicking myself, after all the disappointments these kids have had in the last 2 years, I'm the cause this time around. I feel terrible.
Life happens, and people make mistakes. Your kids will understand. And it sounds like it will still be a fun vacation even if you don't go to Disney. Don't beat yourself up.

Have you actually gone through the process of trying to book a reservation or are you only looking at the theme park reservation availability? If you haven’t actually attempted making a reservation, try it. Sometimes it looks like they’re all booked until you go through the process of booking one. And keep trying multiple times a day, every day. You may get lucky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter