OMG - July 17

dougmatt

DIS Veteran
OK.. DW and I are going to DL on the 16th and 17th.... We decided to extend a business trip to SF, drive down and go to DL / CA. Come to find out that it's "THE DAY"... Bad news for us! We are avid WDW travellers (DVC Members) and have been there at all the peak and off-peak times and had we known, we probably wouldnt have come. BUT we are "locked in" now sooooo.... Any suggestions? We have only been to DL once before.... We have Sat and Sun. We are thinking maybe Sat DL / Sun CA trying to dodge the anniversary crowd. Think we are just SOL? We really just want to see / ride the differences from WDW. We were hoping to do the Blue Bayou, but of course now no PS. PHEW. Talk about surprises...

Any help?

D

As of last night there was PS for up to 6 at the Blue Bayou on the 16th & I think that Sat will be ok at DL & should be ok at DCA for the 17th

I think that's a pretty good idea. Another thing oyu can do is also go to DL first thing on Sun. morning and stay there until DCA opens. That way you should be able to get your cupcake, mouse ears, and maybe another ride on Space Mountain.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will call PS again, but when I called they said no PS for the weekend were available....

LeftCoaster said:
I think that's a pretty good idea. Another thing oyu can do is also go to DL first thing on Sun. morning and stay there until DCA opens. That way you should be able to get your cupcake, mouse ears, and maybe another ride on Space Mountain.

Do you really think people will be able to get into DL without camping out all night? Is there really going to be cupcakes and mouse ears? We are leaving for the cruise later that day and so far according to people on the cruise they are not doing anything special to celebrate DL's birthday. I would like to do something to celebrate the birthday.

I sure hope we don't have to camp out all night. I intend to be there early, but I'm not camping out!

We have reservations at the Blue Bayou for 11:30ish on the 17th. I figure it will probably take that long to get from the gates to the restaurant if we go at opening!

DonnettaR said:
Do you really think people will be able to get into DL without camping out all night? Is there really going to be cupcakes and mouse ears? We are leaving for the cruise later that day and so far according to people on the cruise they are not doing anything special to celebrate DL's birthday. I would like to do something to celebrate the birthday.

I don't think 70,000 people will be camping out -- a lot, but not that many. We're also getting there early, but I'm at the mercy of the parking structure opening so we can park & get in.

FYI. Called DD again this am based on earlier post by cmwade77. They said there are NO PS for 16th and 17th . ALL DINING OPTIONS are walk up only. I asked if folks claiming to have PS's have them, they said NO. Everyone should have received a call confirming that their PS's are cancelled assuming you booked with a correct tel number..... I am see'ing on other posts where people have gotten those calls. I don't understand why everyone hasn't, but it might be worth a followup call to DD if it is important to you?

Sorry!

D

I got a phone call from disney dining, they did not cancel my BB ps they just reiterated that the park will be extremely busy and to be there early for the ps. But it is NOT cancelled.

dougmatt said:
FYI. Called DD again this am based on earlier post by cmwade77. They said there are NO PS for 16th and 17th . ALL DINING OPTIONS are walk up only. I asked if folks claiming to have PS's have them, they said NO. Everyone should have received a call confirming that their PS's are cancelled assuming you booked with a correct tel number..... I am see'ing on other posts where people have gotten those calls. I don't understand why everyone hasn't, but it might be worth a followup call to DD if it is important to you?

Sorry!

D

I am very very confused. Our TA told us that she booked Blue Bayou for us for lunch on the 16th. She did it right at the 60 day mark. We did not get a confirmation number because she said that DL does not do it the way WDW does. Is there someway to find out if our PSs have been cancelled? Would DL have called me or my TA?

The only PS that I have heard that has been cancelled is that for the Princess Breakfasts. The Blue Bayou PS's are still good (they did stop taking them from what I hear though) but calls were made to say a PS will not gurantee entry to the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter