OMG-what have I done? Might be too late.

snyderla

<font color=red>DVC Lori<br><font color=navy>DH lo
DH & I are going to WDW Dec 9 through 18th. We have ressies at BWV through DVC for the 13-18th. However, we do not have a room for the 9th thru 12th. I have contacted a couple of TA's and been told there are no rooms available those dates in mods or value, and only rack rates at deluxes! I can't pay rack rate at a deluxe. And I don't want to stay off site. Any suggestions? I couldn't decide if we should go to my brothers in Miami for the first week of our vacation, that's why I hadn't booked. Now we are sure we want to go for Disapalooza and WDWToday Reunion and may be out of luck. I also don't want to borrow points from next year's DVC allotment, due to taking a large vacation next year. Thanks so much to all of you! I know I really messed up this time! It's my 20th trip and you'd think I'd know better.
Lori

Keep trying. Disney is completely booked in most categories for those dates.The 45 day mark is here so maybe people will cancel.Other than that you may have to stay offsite

I had Disney's Beach Club come up for those dates in a room only for $1,077... or $319/night. It's the fall room only discount. Is this what the other TA's were telling you?

I'd calculate the 45 days and call around that date and keep trying for a couple days afterward. Someone is bound to cancel... sending Pixie Dust! :wizard:

Brian

Have you considered the Dolphin or the Swan? They are more or less on property although not officially DIS resorts anymore.
We have stayed there many times, and they are both great and reasonably priced.
As another option, Buena Vista Suites. Really close. (5-7 minurte drive and easy to find) and like $99. or so. Near Nick Hotel but MUCH nicer.
Just a thought. I would rather do these than pay rack rate @ Dis resorts.

It will make you look forward to your last few days even more!

Have fun.

Also had Ft Wilderness Cabins come up at rack rate for $894, which is $265/night.

Thanks so much for the great ideas! I forgot about Swan/Dolphin, and Ft. Wilderness cabins are an idea DH would love!

Check Expedia or Travelocity or Hotels.com

Sometimes they have rooms available. I am going 12/6 - 12/11 and know first hand how hard it is to get a room at that time.

I tried adding two nights to my POP reservation...11th and 12th..nothing doing. They had nothing for me. They offered Sports but I wasn't going there on a bet.
I ended up using points to move over to BWV...after having been there the week before!!! And, I still have two different rooms to boot.
There is just nothing reasonable left out there for that time frame.

I would check through another hotel reservations company like Expedia, Travelocity, or Hotels.com. They have allotted rooms that they get from Disney, then if they are not sold by a certain date, they give them back. Going through a web site is actually the same as booking through a travel agent....they are actually virtual travel agencies.

DH & I are going to WDW Dec 9 through 18th. We have ressies at BWV through DVC for the 13-18th. However, we do not have a room for the 9th thru 12th. I have contacted a couple of TA's and been told there are no rooms available those dates in mods or value, and only rack rates at deluxes! I can't pay rack rate at a deluxe. And I don't want to stay off site. Any suggestions? I couldn't decide if we should go to my brothers in Miami for the first week of our vacation, that's why I hadn't booked. Now we are sure we want to go for Disapalooza and WDWToday Reunion and may be out of luck. I also don't want to borrow points from next year's DVC allotment, due to taking a large vacation next year. Thanks so much to all of you! I know I really messed up this time! It's my 20th trip and you'd think I'd know better.
Lori

Have you called MS to see if they have any cash rooms available? They'd be at rack rate, but you'd have a room.

We just today got a 1 BR at BWV for the 11th on points and on the 12th for the DVC discount--with the discount the room was 337 plus tax. I almost fell off my chair that there was anything available! There was lots of availability at SSR for the weekend for 1 BRS, either on points or with the cash discount.
Call MS tomorrow and see what's available with the DVC discount.

Thank you all so much. I forgot about the DVC discount. And thank you all for your suggestions. I have hope now, and tomorrow we will most likely have a room onsite!

another suggestion.:
you could see if anyone is renting points to transfer into your acct. then you could book (prob SSR or OKW at this late date). of course, call MS first to get an idea of availabilty, but it still might be cheaper than paying the cash discounted rate.

good luck:)

www.**********************.com

They just uploaded exclusive offers for certain deluxes for those dates on their website.

Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter