Omni @ Championsgate

easyas123

DIS Veteran
I've just found out one of my yearly conferences is in Orlando next March, at the Omni Championsgate. I'm about to go look at the map, but just wondering if in anyones experience it is a very far Uber ride from the general Disney resort (probably Epcot area resorts) to this Omni? I'm just trying to determine if I should stay there or on a WDW property cause...well let's face it, I'll probably be on WDW property before or after the conference!
Thanks!

I've just found out one of my yearly conferences is in Orlando next March, at the Omni Championsgate. I'm about to go look at the map, but just wondering if in anyones experience it is a very far Uber ride from the general Disney resort (probably Epcot area resorts) to this Omni? I'm just trying to determine if I should stay there or on a WDW property cause...well let's face it, I'll probably be on WDW property before or after the conference!
Thanks!
According to google maps, the shortest route between the Omni and the BoardWalk Inn is about 11 miles. Uber fare estimates start at around $20 one way.

According to google maps, the shortest route between the Omni and the BoardWalk Inn is about 11 miles. Uber fare estimates start at around $20 one way.
Thanks - yeah, that jives with my quick research on it as well.

Welp, 15-20 minutes (yep, I know - traffic to take into consideration) and a few Uber drives might not be so bad. Maybe I'll just stay at WDW instead:idea: It would just be for 2 days, so not for a whole week, so not that bad.

Is this - be it at the Omni or any other conference hotel - done anything similar? I guess I should have phrased my post better, wondering it this would be more of a PITA than staying there.

I had a conference a few years back at Omni Championsgate. A colleague and I did Uber or Lyft over to Epcot. It wasn't too expensive or slow. There was some highway construction, but it was a less than 30 minute drive around 10 or 11 am on a random Monday.

We took the 6 am ish flight to MCO. Can't remember if we rideshared or taxied to the hotel. Dropped our bags in our hotel rooms and then headed out for a day at Epcot and then HS in the evening. Great time. Ridesharing was fine in both directions.

BTW, Omni Championsgate has a wonderful pool, decent dining options and very nice rooms if I remember correctly.

BTW, Omni Championsgate has a wonderful pool, decent dining options and very nice rooms if I remember correctly.
That is good to know, thanks. We already have a WDW stay at OKW a month prior. Wish I had know next years conference was going to be in Orlando. Oh well!

I've stayed at this resort a few times. It is beautiful, rooms are a bit dated, but the resort as a whole is great. Honestly even though maps showed it about 10 miles away, its going to take at times 45 minutes door-to-door because there is always traffic on I-4. I would rather stay on property, but depends on how strict your attendance at the conference is lol

We stayed in an Airbnb in Champion's Gate a few years ago. I actually didn't mind the drive as it wasn't too far from Disney, especially AK. We've bought DVC since then, but if we hadn't, I wouldn't mind staying in that neighbourhood again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter