• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

On a Waitlist for November 6

Tinkerbell58

DIS Veteran
My vacation is scheduled for Nov. 2-7. Unfortunately there is no studio available at SSR for the night of Nov. 6. I'm afraid to make flight ressies because of it. What are my chances that a room will become available?

What would you do? Should I go ahead and make flight plans and keep my fingers crossed for a room?

I don't have any experience with waitlisting (am relatively new to DVC), but I'll send lots of pixie dust your way. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Good luck. Hopefully as it gets closer it will open up. That is the last week of the FWF so it might be pretty tight.

We are staying at BCV for 11 nights starting Nov 11. We started out with 6 nights and wanted to extend. We had to go toward Thanksgiving as nothing was opening up for us prior to the 11th. We wait listed for a couple of months and then setttled on extending the end because we wanted to lock down the flights.

Hang in there. Sending some Pixie Dust...

If you really want to go for that time, make a back up reservation for cash somewhere else. If the waitlist doesn't come through, at least you'll have a place to sleep that last night.

There must be an on site room resort available somewhere for Nov 6 even if all the DVC accomodations are booked right now. If there isn't, my advice is to reconsider the timing of this trip.

Assume you know that 11/7 & 11/8 are the NJ teachers' convention dates - lots of NJ parents take a trip to WDW durig that time. In addition it's Food & Wine time, and the Veteran's Day Holiday falls in that week as well. There are likely to be several people ahead of you on the waitlist.

Good luck - hope it works out for you.

CarolMN said:
Assume you know that 11/7 & 11/8 are the NJ teachers' convention dates - lots of NJ parents take a trip to WDW durig that time. In addition it's Food & Wine time, and the Veteran's Day Holiday falls in that week as well. There are likely to be several people ahead of you on the waitlist.

Good luck - hope it works out for you.

The NJEA teachers' convention dates this year are November 10 & 11. November 8 is Election Day. I thought going prior to those dates I'd be okay.

Tinkerbell58 said:
The NJEA teachers' convention dates this year are November 10 & 11. November 8 is Election Day. I thought going prior to those dates I'd be okay.
My mistake - but I think lots of parents take kids out of school so that they can vacation for that whole week. Still hopig you get your studio.

Best wishes-

I truly wish you the best of luck with the waitlist. I waitlisted for this same week last year and nothing ever came through at any DVC resort. I wanted a 2 bedroom, but told them I'd take anything. This is a pretty popular time period between F&W and Jersey Week. Our school district is closed Nov 7 and 8 this year so it does make for a popular week to take the kids out of school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter